Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
frannyraidersprayer
redcricket077
NachoTaco
Mozart
Xoenz
RL
Darth Lai
-mirsho
clunk07
littlebro05
14 posters

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps)

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) Empty Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps)

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm

This was on request of Smeghead on how you make an RSCB and make use of it in his BBUMB. In my opinion, this is one of the cheapest modifications you can do for under $40-$45 and still get ammo capacity and the ranges you need to go against high end blasters. Remember, one of the best set up is to have one air blaster and one spring blaster. Usually, one having a high range /w low ROF AND a low-medium range /w high ROF - , that’s my opinion. Unfortunately, I don’t have a budget so I can go crazy, however some people do.

Step 1
    You’ll need –
    1. BBUMB
    2. 15mm TEE Coupler
    3. 15mm PVC (NOT CONDUIT, but pressure rated type) Pipe
    4. 15mm ELBOW Coupler
    5. 15mm End Cap
    6. PETG OR Barrel of choice, (you’ll want a somewhat tight fit for this)
    7. An Adhesive to glue the pipe together - I use hot glue, some may use PVC cement.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2763

Step 2:
    Open this shit up! You’ll see in the photo that I have pipe cut the black tubing where the missile slides over leaving approximately 16mm of space. You’ll need to then put E-Tape over it and place a small cut of 15mm tubing over the E tape. Put the right amount of tape, then slide it over the black tube. Then glue the elbow piece onto the 15mm cut you put over the black pipe of the air tank.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2764

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2765

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2767

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2768

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2771
    Step 3:
    Put tightening rings in the PETG. This is so if there is blue foam that slides through too easily, the tightening rings will help the blue foam not to slide out. Also helps with the seal, doesn’t really matter though

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2772

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2773

Step 4:
    Plug the pump. There is a whole on top of the head of the ‘pump’. You fill that with hot glue. You also need to this to the ‘side’. You will see in the pictures below. MAX 10 PUMPS. You may hear leaking when it passes the point. Just make sure that the people you play with will allow the ‘plugging of air blasters’. For Brisbane, the only banned ‘plugged’ guns are Big Blast and Titan just due to the nature of their big air tank.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2783

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2784

Step 5 – HOW A RSCB WORKS.

Put enough electrical tape along the PETG pipe for it to slide snug inside the 15mm Pipe. You will want to make a funnel. The diagram below shows why. This was explained on foam universe by k9turret. I just decided to add extra steps to help people understand how this works.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) HOWRSCBWORKS

No Funnel

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2776

Funnel – It’s a little hard to see, refer to drawing above. I used hot glue and dremeled it. I also dremelled the inside of the PETG a little bit so that when the dart falls in the ‘expanded’ ID , it will get stuck and help with the feeding of the dart. However, that is only for about 1cm. The rest is about the diameter perfect for stock dart length.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2779

Step 6:

Added step in between I've forgot to mention. You will want to nest the PETG with ETAPE. However, that does not provide a 100% seal. You'll want to fill the end of the barrel where the gap is between the PETG and 15mm PIPE with hot glue. The pictures below are vague though... You can just see the hot glue I've added around the PETG barrel

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2798

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2800

Step 7:

Place it all together. If you remember in step 1, you will see an exploded view of what pipes and fittings you need to put them together. I use hot glue in order to do this. However, PVC cement is much cleaner. Also, this hasn't been glued together yet, just a write up to show what parts should go where.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2780

For stability, you can dremel parts of the ‘carry handle’ so the RSCB can fit more snugly and making it more stable and stronger.
    Not really any range testing but it’ll no doubt hit over 100ft. It can go through a layer of Nerf Cardboard, so that generally says (over 100ft) LOL. I may have a video of this later this week. If I can be bothered...

You may want to leave or add orange to the gun so it looks less of a pipe cannon :P.

ALTERNATIVE STEP (Recommended IMO):

You probably saw the above picture and the RSCB looks like it's going to dangle and just explode into little bits and pieces. This is an alternative step that you guys can do to increase the sturdiness of the RSCB. Works quite well. It'll be much easier to have a dremel to do this, but you can also use a hacksaw and sanding paper for this too :). I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2789

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2792

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2794

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) IMG_2795

There you guys have it. Again. If you know someone who wants to start Nerf on a budget, someone who wants lots of range, but simple to use and require very little 'reinforcement'. This is the gun for them. You can basically create this under $50. Give them an NF or Mav, and they'll be on their way to survive some foam warfare :).

Last edited by littlebro05 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) Empty Re: Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps)

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Nice, clean mod.

I may have to look in to this in the future.
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps) Empty Re: Write Up; Buzz Bee Ultimate Missile Blast + How a RSCB works (Updates: Added Steps)

Post  -mirsho Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Many thanks littlebro, was wondering how to go about this. Will be looking forward to getting a bbumb soon.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai

Post  Darth Lai Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Great writeup, I'm going to do this when I get a BBUMB.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:52 pm

With coupling BBUMB's, has anyone encountered issues with 'drooping'? Maybe it's the tape I'm using but it's all too often fallen off when I had a conduit barrel attached to it.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Well, you should etape the stub until its airtight then smear on some 5min expoy glue and let it set, should solve the problem. Or perhaps your black stub has cracked or is too long?

Mine works perfectly fine, hardly any coupler wobbling.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

nice and simple, sweet man. When I can be bothered, I'm going to make a RSCB with a brass breach to load. Can't remember where I saw it, but it's definitely the most stylish way to have more than one shot! Hahaa.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Xoenz wrote:Well, you should etape the stub until its airtight then smear on some 5min expoy glue and let it set, should solve the problem. Or perhaps your black stub has cracked or is too long?

Mine works perfectly fine, hardly any coupler wobbling.

I'm pretty sure I already know the first part.

But yes, maybe it's the black stub, it's a bit too short. Anyway I gotta sort that out before attempting an RSCB
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:47 am

Good writeup, perfect timing as I just got my Missile Blast.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 am

Updated with extra steps to improve your performance and stability of your BBUMB :).
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 am

Nice Mod. Finally a solid BBUMB mod writeup. If anyone wants a cheap long range blaster the BBUMB is the way to go. I remember target sold them for $25 not too long ago.
    frannyraidersprayer
    frannyraidersprayer

Post  frannyraidersprayer Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 am

when i buy this off you i will probably attach or intergrate a barricade for some ROF
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:48 am

Hey, when you say "doesn’t really matter though" in step 3, does it mean it "doesn’t really matter though" when it comes to the tightening rings in general, or in terms of producing a better seal? Because I'm thinking of doing this in the next few weeks, and if tightening rings will be needed, then I'll need to invest in a pipe cutter.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 am

You can do it without tightening rings, man. They're not essential to anything, but if you have pipe cutters, not a bad idea. It's just to get a slightly better seal around the dart before it's fired. Not essential at all.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 am

Actually the reason why I said to add 'tightening' rings was to help with the funneling of the PETG. It's also to prevent the streamline or blue foam (if you're reusing it, and the diameter becomes lesser) that when you point the RSCB downward, it will not slide out as easily.

Some may debate that it's better since you get build up a little more 'initial' pressure to increase the dart, but I don't have any proof of it really lol.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Nice work with the electrical tape!! I'll send you a bag of cable ties when I procure some more from mine site... lol
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 am

Hey how long was the PETG?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

informer sells them normally at 1ft lengths, I suggest use the lot.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am

There's no specified length, you just have to keep trying it out to see what gets the best range. Around 12" is good though.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

shadownerfer wrote:Hey how long was the PETG?

Please check the date of the last post next time, especially in this case. You would have been better off asking the OP directly, or in the Questions Thread.

Cheers,
    tangycloud69
    tangycloud69

Post  tangycloud69 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 am

where did you get these products
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Tangy: If I may be so bold as to direct you to the forum rules http://www.oznerf.com/t804-the-rules-read-before-posting and ask you to employ some observation skill.
    Thread closed if the other staff have no problem with this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm