Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Joey
oxymoron
TooBz
boosted6
8 posters

Mnesia

boosted6
    boosted6

Mnesia Empty Mnesia

Post  boosted6 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:49 am

Hi all, thought i'd do a write-up on the last blaster i've modded, which is named-MNESIA.
    Mnesia Dsc00619lz
    After MakeItGO sent me one of his 'Man Springs' i felt very much inclined to rush to a TRU and hand over another mammoth $19 to purchase another Air Zone Triple Shot, so i did. But instead of making another turret, i thought i'd re-create Pearsons Manual Chaingun mod he did on his PAS. Only difference is, my barrels are brass, and are towards the bottom of the blaster, instead of the top.

To say this blaster is reliable would be an understatment. Like the Octo-Shot, it has recieved full expoxy putty everywhere except for the front where the turret would normally be. No stress at the front, so no need to waste it there. After the first few shots, i pulled it apart again, as instructed by MIG himself, and sure enough i noticed faint signs of damage, but nothing serious. Again it was reinforced, fired over 50 rounds, pulled her apart and nothing but perfection, no wear, no stress, for all areas were addressed and seen to properly.
    Mnesia Dsc00404xt
    For a spring this size, you need to really expoxy this bolt well. Scratch up the bottom for extra grip.
    Mnesia Dsc00402o
    Pulling on the trigger is not for the weak. I've handed this blaster over to a father who couldnt even prime it, took it to work, and one of the boys couldnt pull the trigger. Yes the trigger is now very strong, but for me, its perfect. Priming and shooting this is great.
    Mnesia Dsc00413nd
    If you look closely at the next pic, along the rail where the plunger tube follows, you will see the previous damage caused. Once that was adresses on second pull down, i've had ZERO drama's.
    Mnesia Dsc00431uw
    Next pic is my streamlined coupler, nice smooth air flow to the dart without hitting any kind of walls, little things like this make a nice difference.
    Mnesia Dsc00406wk
    Mnesia Dsc00405ui
    Heres the power. Special shout-out to MakeItGo for this spring.
    Mnesia Dsc00412t
    Mnesia Dsc00433rq
    Heres the bath plug head resposible for the perfect air seal. A few of these are, or will be in some canadian nerfers blasters i'm pretty sure...
    Mnesia Dsc00437hg
    Make sure both ends are gooped. Where the screw enters, and also where it ends. Air will find any little air pockets and rob you of power.
    Mnesia Dsc00443rj
    So with the blaster all done and ready, it needed barrels, so i had to order 5x9/16 brass barrels. All five are 290mm long.
    Mnesia Dsc00488qy
    Pictured also is the main part of the loader, the length of dowel and its holder basically.
    I was originally looking for a piece of conduit that the dowel could fit into, but after looking around in the garage, i found my old plastic cricket stumps which only saw i game of street cricket years ago, and the dowel fitted almost perfectly. It also had these plastic end caps, so it was nice and clean.
    Mnesia Dsc00484yf
    With the dowel, its easier to cut it in half, then drill through both halves. I actually had a drill bit long enough to make it through, but its easier doing it in halves, and less room for error, just try and get hole in the center.
    Mnesia Dsc00492l
    Once drilled, apply some max bond, no more nails, etc.
    Mnesia Dsc00495dy
    Goop both ends, put both pieces of dowel together, then pull back apart and let sit for around 30-60secs.
    This will make bond even stronger.
    Mnesia Dsc004981
    Once you have placed them together, put your e-tape, etc around the dowel, and slide her through into its new home.
    Mnesia Dsc00503rh
    Mnesia Dsc005071j
    Of course dont forget your length of 5mm threaded rod. Mine is 380mm long.
    Mnesia Dsc005091
    Next, you have to make sure the threaded rod is secure on the blaster end. I permantley put nuts behind, so taking it on and off is just 2 screws and its done.
    Mnesia Dsc00524p
    Mnesia Dsc00525cc

So once thats done, its time to add the barrels. PETG is fine for this, i only used brass because i sometimes shoot other things than just foam. I could have made an evil looking loader, but i had to remember to keep the weight down. So for the barrel bases, i noticed i had a few too many clothes line pegs out on the washing line, so i grabbed a few and noticed they had a nice curve for the barrels to sit into.
    Mnesia Dsc00512fl
    This is the first loader i made, then i wasnt happy with it, so i did it over again.
    Mnesia Dsc00448sv
    Mnesia Dsc00450dj
    Mnesia Dsc00526l
    Of course you dont just throw your barrels anywhere, check with the first one like this.
    Mnesia Dsc00528wm
    Mnesia Dsc00570dm
    Mnesia Dsc00580bj

With a setup like this, i decided to add a little bit of evil. What you see at the front is MNESIA. It was actually much bigger and a very nice skull. But i wanted to bring it closer, so out came the 5" grinder.
    Of course the threaded rod pokes out between his eyes.
    Mnesia Dsc00633fr

Now all it needs is paint. I thought i'd airbrush it, never airbrushed before, but its just like using a pen, their fantastic. I suggest you draw a pattern in your head or on paper. I did that at the start, and one paint job i did was quite good i thought for my first attempt, but after that i lost the plot and started to get more complex, but my skills werent up to it, trying to create flames is fine, but with smoke, etc, it was just too hard. And because of that, i ruined a perfectly good paintjob, and then i went horribly backwards, was like i had writers block or something...heres my first airbrush attempt.
    Mnesia Dsc00563qb
    Flames will always look better on a black background, and believe it or not, your flames will always be white at the beginning. Transparent paints have me kinda hooked..but i wanted a hotter look, like i was stepping through satans door and the heat beginning to melt the blaster.

So little steps..
    Mnesia Dsc00537pvc
    Mnesia Dsc00539x
    Mnesia Dsc00548jc
    Mnesia Dsc00552f
    Because i wanted the flames on a orange, red background, they just werent going to pop out like the other paint job i did, but in the end it came out ok, but i'll be doing the flames much better and more intense next time. It has to be on fire basically.

I used this paint called Auto Air, there all transparent paints and are amazing to work with.
    Mnesia Dsc00529p
    Sometimes i go carried away and did so many layers to only paint all over it again. But i must say, painting a blaster is hard if your doing flames. Finished her off in a pearl clear, and it was done.
    Mnesia Dsc00632zb
    Mnesia Dsc00631u
    Range test done today. My first shot was 155.2ft flat.
    I had one freak dart travel 177.2 flat. It was a freak shot because i couldnt do it again, and how i tried. I have it on film, and will edit it to this post tomorrow.

Thanks for reading everyone.

boosted6.
    Mnesia Dsc00627aw
    [img][/img]
    TooBz
    TooBz

Mnesia Empty Re: Mnesia

Post  TooBz Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:57 am

Absolutely stunning bro! Love the evilness
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 am

ZOMG! That is way too cool
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 am

155ft flat....daayymmmmnnnn.

Nice writeup and an epic paintjob to boot.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:00 am

TooBz, Oxy and Joey and Dingo, thank you very much for the kind words, greatly appreciated.

Last edited by boosted6 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dingo
    Dingo

Post  Dingo Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:53 am

nice skull speedloader and the gun looks stunning good on ya
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 am

WOW! this is amazing!

Could you please post a few pics without the backlighting/lightbox? Its a bit difficult to see the details.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah sure mate, no problem. I'll post some pics soon, just waiting on youtube, i'm editing my range test, and youtube is very slow atm. Will post them both soon.
    Actually if no extra pics today, then will be tomorrow.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 am

BRAVO!!!

Nice work! Good luck in the contest.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 am

Thank very much MIG. And thanks for all your help and sending me all those goodies.

Its just down to the darts now....i figured out something which i'll try on my last range test...
    If i get the darts right, 160ft flat should not be a problem.

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 am

I shall have put this in the modding directory. It's a cool as mod. Now you can actually call it a 'chain gun speedloader' because it can actually swivel and rotate into the next round. Less pain to turn to cause more pain at the end of the barrel.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:46 am

Thats wicked LittleBro, thank you mate, thats really nice of you.

This should work now...
    Range test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgGiPD2IgCY&feature=youtube_gdata

Wow, 300 views, and 7 replies, how awesome.
    Thank you to the 7 people who liked it!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 am