Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Joey
littlebro05
Akimbo Assassin
frostythesnowman
8 posters

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration)

frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Empty Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration)

Post  frostythesnowman Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Hello everyone,

this is my first large scale modification over the standard ar removals, the nerf ultimatestrike.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00246q

To fit the BBUMB tank into the longstrike shell i did have to do some major modification. cutting out the sides of the blaster and grinding out a whole lot of the inside.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010563ez

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010565g

I have replaced the standard (and extremely pathetic) reverse plunger system with a BBUMB air tank and a clip accepting sliding PTEG breech.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010570w

There was a rather failed first attempt at a custom breech using HEP20 water pipes and integrating it into the standard plunger tube to keep the breech working the regular direction. But this failed miserably as it couldn't push the darts into the rather tight squeeze of the HEP20.

Thus i used a similar method i had seen used in a mega raider but managed to keep it worked off the original bolt sled and priming handle (even if the motions are reversed). Also in my pictures i have a teeny weeny thin bit used to slide my breech. DO NOT DO THIS< it broke while testing. i fixed it by doing the same thing except mad the contact 1/4 the side of the pvc. much larger area of contact = more force to snap it off. (no picture of updated slide)

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010579f

When i entered this blaster into the CWC modding competition i had the pump zip tied onto the stock of the blaster. It was not very secure and you had to use 2 hands to pump it so the pump didnt fall off the gun and flop around. to stop this i designed my own pump handle using a cut up recon light and stampede front grip to run along the under barrel rail and epoxy puttied the pump tube to the underside of the blaster. The air tube i ran off the back of the pump and epoxy puttied onto the side of the gun around to the inlet on the tank.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010582f

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00231m

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00228s

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00234m

The trigger is rigged to the BBUMB tank with a piece of steel i cut up and bent to fit onto the back or the tank and secured to the trigger with two screws and putty/ superglue. It is sort of visible in this picture.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) P1010580b

Next came paint. I started with a couple of coats of Quick dry matte white over the entire gun. (taped over areas i did not want paint first)

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00239tj

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00240

Next i found a picture of come camouflage on the inter-webs and coloured it to the colours i was using. in this case light blue and bright green. printed them onto sturdy paper and cut out the shapes. 1 stencil for one colour. 1 stencil for the other.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00241

Second to last... you paint it.

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Snc00246q

The final step which i am yet to do is put a protective clear coat over the entire blaster.

And that's all from me. any questions feel free to ask. im a nice guy and don't mind sharing ideas and tips with people.

most of all enjoy what i have created. cause thepart of it you will mainly see is the end of the barrel pointed right at you.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Empty Re: Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration)

Post  Akimbo Assassin Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Excellent work Frosty. I like to mod a powerful Longstrike but this seems like a hard job with lots of trial and error. Maybe one day...
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration) Empty Re: Nerf UltimateStrike. (longstrike > BBUMB intergration)

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:14 pm

At least the bolt handle works!
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Looking forward to seeing this bad boy in action later this month
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:57 am

Very nice. The day I put the titan tank in mine I had a mate asking if I could do something that would keep the clip loading ability. I might have to try something similar
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:09 am

I think the awesome thing here is that the bolt priming handle still works.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Excellent work Frosty. I like to mod a powerful Longstrike but this seems like a hard job with lots of trial and error. Maybe one day...

there was A LOT of trial and error in this. the only other one i have seen a longstrike like this was a youtube video where it only showed him shoot it a couple of times.

Joey wrote:Looking forward to seeing this bad boy in action later this month

and i cant wait to use it either =]

Jeo wrote:Very nice. The day I put the titan tank in mine I had a mate asking if I could do something that would keep the clip loading ability. I might have to try something similar

thanks Jeo, i did like your titan intergration, but i wanted something that was war legal to use xD

littlebro05 wrote:I think the awesome thing here is that the bolt priming handle still works.

you just cant get over that can you lilbro?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

frostythesnowman wrote:thanks Jeo, i did like your titan intergration, but i wanted something that was war legal to use xD

I prefer your BBUMB integration to titan. Titan's tank is too big and you need to dremel and cut away too much of Longstrike case. Your BBUMB integration fits better even though it will not be as powerful as Titan. Interested to see what kind of flat angle range you can get with this.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:12 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    I prefer your BBUMB integration to titan. Titan's tank is too big and you need to dremel and cut away too much of Longstrike case. Your BBUMB integration fits better even though it will not be as powerful as Titan. Interested to see what kind of flat angle range you can get with this.

well i was testing it this afternoon and was going through 3 layers off nerf cardboard from 1m and 1 layer of cardboard at 10m. i will be range testing at the Brisbane Salisbury war on the 22nd if you care to wait that long.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 am

ok i know this is a double post, but if i were to just edit a previous post it would go unnoticed.

as stated above i would be doing some range tests at the brisbane salisbury war today.

all ranges are angled and shot INTO the wind. (i wasnt going to walk all the way to the other end of the park)

so on average ranges were between 60-70 meters. averaging at 65.

i did have a few shots though that would fly as far as 76 meters.

ill have to try it again at some point on a day with very little to no wind. as im sure as the darts lost their momentum and started dropping the wind was blowing them backwards somewhat.

Last edited by frostythesnowman on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:53 am

Yep I can confirm these ranges, crazy stuff.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 am

What kind of darts?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 am

Holy crap, that's like 180 feet, even if it's an angle shot.

Definitely need to learn from you to attempt this mod in near future. I'm still amazed that a stock BBUMB only fires those light-up foam missiles at only 20 feet, yet can be modded to fire foam darts at those crazy ranges.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:26 am

Jeo wrote:What kind of darts?

Heavy snap cap I guess considering it's a Southside war, maybe a sili-tip.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 am

Jeo wrote:What kind of darts?

was using heavy snap caps as thats what littlebro makes for use at salisbury wars.

i suspect i would get smiliar ranges with heavy sili tips too.

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Holy crap, that's like 180 feet, even if it's an angle shot.

Definitely need to learn from you to attempt this mod in near future. I'm still amazed that a stock BBUMB only fires those light-up foam missiles at only 20 feet, yet can be modded to fire foam darts at those crazy ranges.

don't forget that the missiles are quite a lot heavier then a dart and only have the two tiny little holes in the side of the tube to release the air. if you cut the sealed orange bit off the end they would shoot probably 50ft if not more.
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 am

Im going to try this very soon except ill be using a MM tank to try and make it just that little bit cleaner
    Will defiantly credit you when i have finished as this has given me some good ideas on what to do bolt wise
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 am

Just to blow your guy's minds away even more. Those ranges were with an unplugged pump.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Just to blow your guy's minds away even more. Those ranges were with an unplugged pump.

So that means it is only 4 pumps per shot right? Because I could hear air release from a BBUMB when you start pumping more than that.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm

I've found that some BBUMBs can hit up to 6 pumps. The two I've got only got up to 4.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:33 pm

yes as little bro said it is using an UN PLUGGED pump. the tubing connecting the pump to the tank does act like an expansion though.

it ends up being 5-6 pumps for the OPV to go off.

for the next one that i do it will most likely NOT be war legal. ill make my own air tank with a electronic solenoid operated release and either a double action bike pump or single action high pressure pump. looking for a pressure between 70-90 PSI.

it will probably be just an EPEEN gun as ill make it to break the ever elusive 100m mark.

although as i have access to stuff i could have an adjustable OPV in the thing and a pressure gauge to tone it down a little for war use.

TryHardGamer47
    TryHardGamer47

Post  TryHardGamer47 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 am

Nice

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm