Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
False
littlebro05
iamthatcat
7 posters

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler

iamthatcat

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Empty Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler

Post  iamthatcat Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

I love this new blaster but wanted to make it a bit more ergonomic and able to use stefans. So here's what I did.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Joltmod1

To make the old barrel into a cpvc coupler fire up the dremel and cut up your shell like this. I used a fiberglass cutting disk to remove the old barrel.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Joltmod2

I used the cutting tool to ream the old barrel close to the right diameter and then used the sanding tool by hand to get to the right size. The ar will come out cleanly with a tug with the needlenose when you get close to the right diameter. Just go very slowly and watch out for signs of stress cracks around the "coupler" when you insert your barrel. Sanding down the end of the cpvc that goes into the coupler will leave a little more plastic on the jolt's barrel. Be careful when changing barrels or it won't be pretty. I've had no problems so far after about 25 times. Leave a little more thickness to the triggerguard/barrel support than I show here for a tighter cosmetic fit.

I also filled some deadspace with hotglue. I'll shape this later.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Joltmod3

Cut a little bit off the barrel end like this.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Img0176nd

This is an untrimmed barrel fitted (and not pushed in all the way).

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Img0520bt

Here's what I think works better. This gave me better ranges after testing. A simple dart stop may help accuracy and ranges slightly as well. I am trying that on mine now. I will update with new info.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Img0173zj

Here's a shot with a longer barrel (which is cut too long, I'll trim it and test with my darts) that also shows the cuts I made to minimize it a bit better. I also rounded a few sharp edges that were digging into my hand like the 4 fake screws on the back of the barrel.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Joltmod4

Here's the barrel painted (Thanks to snowday for the idea) and my ghettooo pool noodle darts. I want to add foam to the front grip and a flat black stripe on the barrel. Maybe redo the orange with fewer coats so the color matches better. That's krylon red glowing orange florescent. Rustoleum makes a similar product which looks like a better match.

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Img0185b

The barrels fit very securely and should not need to be glued if you size the "coupler" carefully. It vaccum loads better if cocked sharply. Other mods are: a tek6 spring (which fits perfectly with no wear issues after 250+ shots), 1 1/4 wraps of teflon tape (needed imo), & repositioned cocking handle. I didn't add plunger padding to mine. It seems fine without it but I would not dry-fire it. This is a little powerhouse and with single copper bbs my best flat shot over grass was 62', with the others landing at 55'+. It might get better ranges with slightly heavier darts but is more accurate with lighter ones. It will fire 2 small light stefans about 25' flat and fairly accurately. The smaller barrel was sized for whistlers and taggers (it still gets great ranges with stefans) and they surprisingly go nearly as far.

Last edited by iamthatcat on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Empty Re: Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler

Post  littlebro05 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Holy shit nice! Welcome to the forums =). We've yet to see any jolts in Australia, but that mod looks very promising =).

Before all the new aussies start asking. You cannot obtain CPVC in Australia. Just use an alternative barrel such as 16mm conduit. It should almost work the same.
    False
    False

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Empty Re: Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler

Post  False Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Very nice and clean, I like it!

It looks like the Jolt is a very capable little side arm.
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks! I try to keep my mods as clean as I can.

I knew you folks didn't have cpvc but figured the pic of how to cut would help determine what could fit.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 am

We don't have CPVC but we do have a very similar UPVC. This mod shouldn't be too hard using Aussie materials. Now we just need Jolts to arrive over here.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 am

I want a Jolt

Nice straightforward write up though.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 am

I'm just wondering whether adding a Buzz Bee spring would require reinforcement somewhere else. A Tek 6 spring is actually quite powerful relative to Nerf brand springs.
    Ungmon

Chopped Jolt with built in cpvc coupler Empty That

Post  Ungmon Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:27 am

That Is UNIMAGINABLY CLEAN ITS SCARY! Well done thats amazing !!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:05 am

2120 wrote:I'm just wondering whether adding a Buzz Bee spring would require reinforcement somewhere else. A Tek 6 spring is actually quite powerful relative to Nerf brand springs.

I've placed a Tek 6 spring combined with a NiteFinder Spring and it's a great spring combo. My cousins NF shoots like 80ft without a barrel replacement. 10-15degrees angled of course. But definitely out performs alot of other NFs I know. Including c836 spring ones.
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:45 am

I've fired off about 100 rounds or so tonight just fiddling and I believe that this blaster will hold up well to the tek6 spring. It lives up to it's name when you fire it though.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:58 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    2120 wrote:I'm just wondering whether adding a Buzz Bee spring would require reinforcement somewhere else. A Tek 6 spring is actually quite powerful relative to Nerf brand springs.

I've placed a Tek 6 spring combined with a NiteFinder Spring and it's a great spring combo. My cousins NF shoots like 80ft without a barrel replacement. 10-15degrees angled of course. But definitely out performs alot of other NFs I know. Including c836 spring ones.

Indeed, my Double Shot and Tek 6 are well and truly gone but their legacy lives on in their springs. I chucked one as a spring addition in my Speedloader and it was hitting 60 feet slightly angled with barrel replacements... until the catch broke about 2 months later. Hence my initial concerns about reinforcement

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am