Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shadow Hawk Trigger Mod (Removable)

GhostSniper
    GhostSniper

Shadow Hawk Trigger Mod (Removable) Empty Shadow Hawk Trigger Mod (Removable)

Post  GhostSniper Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:55 am

Now i know we are in a Nerf forum and i know that not many ppl will care about this but for those interested here is my mod and review of the Shadow Hawk 100, basically its the same as Psyk's but mine is removable for future customisation. (Thanks to Psyk BTW for the concept)

Shadow Hawk Trigger Mod (Removable) 13012012_001

Shadow Hawk Trigger Mod (Removable) 13012012

1st pick shows trigger, this was ripped out of a maverick along with the slide to move back and forth, orange washer is an AR cut back and filed to thickness of base plate.

L-Bracket i would suggest a pergola angle would be perfect, mine is some piece of aluminium i found and bent to shape.
    trigger catch also out of a Maverick (top of air plunger)and an old screwdriver handle. The supports either side of bracket are needed as it is to flimsy other wise.

Screwed in trigger on slide, back spring not glued, fully removable. Return spring not needed as back spring was enough. (unsure of kg just something i found about the garage but its stiff

2nd pick shows cocked and locked
    On the pump i also added the return spring from the top slide from my now destroyed Maverick, now she returns straight away.

Next to come may be spring upgrade, as i left as stock but glued to end up increase compression. Barrel up grade is an option as there are small gaps in the barrel joins, 1 in gun itself, plus other barrel does not completely marry in.

Have worked out that 9mm Dowel sanded back to 7mm (as there is no such size) and pointed will make great ammo,
    as this gun is called a ShadowHawk, it will be shooting birds, Pidgeons more precisely, shitting all over our flooring and doors and the like.

Cant wait to see the full potential of this thing, there are a few options that can be done to this gun im thinking, it has a fair bit of power from 2 metres away i managed to dry shoot one of the "spitwads" through the box it came in, thats about 90mm thick, with alot of dead space in that 90mm to slow it down, i was completely surprised. So i cant wait to start making my dowell ammo.

Modded using a hacksaw, small file (2inces), wet and dry sand paper, 2 part epoxy resin. 1 flat head screwdriver.
    My boy has fu**ed most of my tools or have lost them.

Thanks all
    GhostSniper

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm