Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Bradmew2
Roger Explosion
inf0rm3r
WV17
8 posters

Re-barreled hornet with ar removal.

WV17
    WV17

Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Empty Re-barreled hornet with ar removal.

Post  WV17 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:32 am

I got my hornet for christmas and loved the semi auto capabilities and the fact that it was air powered, after playing around with it i descided to mod it to its best potential. I bought PETG off informer recently and used that for the barrels here is the mod.

First step is to hacksaw off the barrels due to them beeing glued in :evil:. I opened the gun for this bit to get better access to the barrels. here are some pics of how it should look after (the 2 bottom barrels are finished, will explain how in next few steps.)
    Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Photo_19

now get out your dremel or if, like me, you dont own one the biggest drill bit you can find. once you hav your utencil in hand simple attack the inside of the barrel to get out AR's widen it for the PETG and so on. When you hit a white piece get rid of it but stop there no deeper. drill the barrels wider to fit the PETG. see pic above for a nice comparison between drilled and undrilled (bottom 2 are drilled out already)
    Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Photo_22

once all that is gone and the barrels are wide enough stick your barrels in, not too sure of the best length yet i used 5 inches or aproximately 12cm. Glue isnt a necessity due to the tightness of the barrels but maybe use it anyway.

finished product.
    Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Photo_20

edit: If one or more of the barrels leak during the duration of the mod do not fret. This happened to me multiple times but when the barrels where in with loaded darts they fixed themselves. Dont ask me how

Last edited by WV17 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Empty Re: Re-barreled hornet with ar removal.

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:34 am

The second picture looked very messy, but the finished product looks great!

Good work. Good to see someone using those materials
    WV17
    WV17

Re-barreled hornet with ar removal. Empty Re: Re-barreled hornet with ar removal.

Post  WV17 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 am

check my water gun i used 2 of the pieces for it and another 3 here leaving me with 3 more
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:51 pm

not bad. I must say you're quite lucky to have a working hornet. I'm going to add this mod to the directory, along with a whole bunch that I keep forgetting about.

Little bits of plastic may have gotten into the back pressure valves, that may have been why it was leaking. Don't take my work on this, but if you do the mod while the tanks are pressurised it may help to keep plastic out of the tanks. Because the pressure in the tanks holds the valves shut.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Agreed with Roger I have 3 none of them work very well at all. How are the ranges on yours, did the barrels improve it significantly?
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 pm

definitely. I havnt measured exactly but they more often than not hit the little window on my front door from the back of my house (about 10m). But as always the hornet can have a little difficulty with consistency. All this said I have only used streamlines in it (still need hot glue for informers dart materials).

edit: and that isn't taping the glass that is hitting with force, if it was a person they would know.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:15 am

turns out that there are infact fatal leaks when there are no darts loaded. But when there is a dart in the leaking barrel it does not effect it (cant explain why that is) but it is. Leak is in the first barrel.
    Bradmew2
    Bradmew2

Post  Bradmew2 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 am

I hate nerf for the hornet i went to alot of trouble to waste my $40 they should pay us for how we go back and forth trying to get a working hornet
    oompadidoompity
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 am

This might help with those leaks when i had a lbb it leaked i filled the tank with water it flushed out those little bits of plastic it didnt leak after that.
    DougoDistructo
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

I got a hornet, as stock it worked fine, only shot 2 darts out of it then dremeled all the way past the white bits and now it doesnt fire

Oh well...

-Dougie
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 am

12 Month Necro? Seriously... Please read the rules and check the last posts date before posting.

- Brad
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:58 pm

DougoDistructo wrote:I got a hornet, as stock it worked fine, only shot 2 darts out of it then dremeled all the way past the white bits and now it doesnt fire

Oh well...

-Dougie

Wow, the ignorance of some members, This is the second thread that you've necroed. Please read the rules and check the date of the last post before posting any replies.

See you in a few weeks.

TheBradl3s wrote:12 Month Necro? Seriously... Please read the rules and check the last posts date before posting.

- Brad
    TheBradl3s - You should know better than to back-seat moderate.

Strike 1.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 pm