Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review

Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Empty Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review

Post  Roger Explosion Sun May 02, 2010 1:42 pm

--Fast Facts--
    Fire system: Flywheel powered, Semi auto.
    Stock Range: 30 feet
    Price:$40 Toys 'Я' Us

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review 20shotmachine

The 20 Shot Machine (I'm sure thats gotta be a typo, but it sounds awesome). The Air Zone/Toy Quest version of the Mech tommy 20.

On the box it says it can hit 30 feet. It can. but using taggers, I shit you not, it hits 45 feet+ flat. I tryed it with a 9 volt battery, but it just made it louder.

its suprisingly accurate for a fly wheel gun. If you can see, there is a little bit of a tube which helps funnel the darts in a straight line.

I don't know what possesed me to get it, but I'm kinda glad I did. Its fun! It totaly aces the Buzzbee one. I have a green Auto Tommy 20 and that thing can barely pass 35 feet using a 9 volt battery. Plus it can't even hit the broard side of a battleship at point blank. darts just fly out where ever they feel like.

Would I recommend you buy it. No. buy why? Too expensive for what it is. Plus Flywheels are only compatable with stock darts, which are no good for nerf wars. If you are not making your own ammo, you are doing it wrong.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Empty Re: Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review

Post  CobraNerf Sun May 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Airzone are ripping off heaps of guns. But they seem to work better than that BuzzBee shit. Airzone make the guns look more appealing but most of then internals are suck. Personally I wouldn't waste my money.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Empty Re: Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review

Post  -Aj- Sun May 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Airzone... is buzzbee... Airzone is a OEM branded version that exports buzzbee and Lanard toys to the Australiasian region... you can see usually either clear buzzbee or lanard logos on the box alongside the airzone ones letting you know who the parent manufacturer is

Good review roger, this thing might be fun if we do the 'stock gun & dart' war I've been talking about with Chad... it sounds like it would do well

Aj

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 am

I think that their is also a 10 shot machine. It has a kickass paintjob.

Good review.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Mon May 03, 2010 8:32 am

I've been finding that it misfires when using old and worn out taggers. you get shots that just go of in crazy directions. Removing the orange part, which contains the tube that funnels the darts fixes this, but hurts over all accuracy.

I noticed that the tube gets very close to the orange part, so I tried cutting back the orange thing to help the darts come out, but It didn't help.
    Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Orangefunnelbarrel

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Orangefunnelcut

With the orange part off and a using 9 volt battery, I found i can fire it real fast and reliable. But there was no noticable increase in range. you can just slip the leads of the battery clip under the contacts of the battery compartment.

Air Zone 20 Shot Machine: Quick review Shotmachinemodded
    who
    who

Post  who Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't really mod guns( don't laugh)and i don't mind spending money on something if it's worth it?

Is it worth it?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:25 pm