Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Simple Singled Longshot

xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

Simple Singled Longshot Empty Simple Singled Longshot

Post  xthepivotkidx Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Hey guys, first of all this is my first write-up. Okay so I got this great idea of how to single my longshot with PETG without doing all the complicated re-barrelling of the plunger tube. First I must say that for this mod to work you need to saw or dremel off your tactical rail. Now let me show you the internals and then I will explain:

Simple Singled Longshot 08082013

Okay so first I just got my 9 1/2 inch PETG barrel and slid it into the gun so that it is poking 2cm out of the dart tooth and glue in like so;

Simple Singled Longshot 08082014

Now you want to shave down the inside of the barrel so that the PETG fits snug inside the barrel, also cut off most of the peg of the barrel;

Simple Singled Longshot 08082016

Now the way this works is that when you saw of dremel off your rail when the bolt is pulled back your dart can be slipped into the PETG like a shotgun loading action, and when the barrel goes over it creates a great airtight seal. So there you have it, I very simple yet effective singled longhshot. Although the gun while still have the ability to shot clips, the range will be drastically decreased. Okay so now the moment you have all been waiting for, the ranges:

Stefan, dart at back of barrel: 85-90ft
    Stefan, dart at front of barrel: 60-70ft

Also please tell me how I went on my first write-up, how it was and how I can make it better!
    splosionman

Simple Singled Longshot Empty Re: Simple Singled Longshot

Post  splosionman Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:07 pm

You know, I'm pretty sure you could still use the clip with this, unless the PETG interferes with it in any way. Remember, you longshot is more useful unsingled. The primary reason you single your longshot is either because you have broken your longshot, or want to put shitloads of springs in it without the risk of breaking the boltsed (although it will most likely break something else).
    xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

Post  xthepivotkidx Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:37 pm

The problem with using clips is that when the barrel moves forward, being wider than what it was stock, the dart goes into the barrel and not pushing it into the PETG. This means it uses most of the power from the shot to move it into the PETG before flying out of the gun. And also I just dont normally shoot quickly with my longshot PLUS I am getting 90ft with only a stock LS and nightfinder spring.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 am