Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

New West-Aussie Nerfer

Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

New West-Aussie Nerfer Empty New West-Aussie Nerfer

Post  Cerbyn Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey everyone!
    I recently bought a Maverick (and a Secret Strike for my girlfriend to shoot me with). I started to look into modding just after i got my Mav. I was looking around on NerfHaven for a while and then I found OzNerf. So far the community seems alright (apart from certain people taking things too seriously).

I'm really looking forward to participating in some wars in the near future. Sometime early-next 2011 I'm heading over to Brissy to see my Dad, it'd be great to get to meet some of the QLD nerf community while I'm over there. I'd be interesting trying to get my guns across in my luggage though heh...

Yesterday I went to Target and put a Raider on layby so hopefully I'll be getting that soon. Also, I want to paint and mod my Mav (and eventually my Raider).

Just one quick question... Why do nerf forums take grammar so seriously?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

New West-Aussie Nerfer Empty Re: New West-Aussie Nerfer

Post  littlebro05 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Welcome to Cerbyn... wait fail -_-, so sleepy right now. Welcome to Oznerf.

I hope you're not going to paint it black or dark camo, we usually ban them at wars because of the nature of 'public misinterpretation'.

We take grammar so seriously because we want to make ourselves not look like deadshits and actually know what we're doing. Here is a few examples of what I mean.

1337 talk = "hy gys nnmy nmes jack, im frm brsban"
    ok talk = 'hey guys my names jack, i'm from brisbane"
    grammar talk (even though I don't know if this is even right) = "Hey guys, my name is Jack, I'm from Brisbane".

Which would sound more better for the Nerf Forums? What is easier to read? You decide.

Brisbane aye, alert me or phuonguyen by PM when you're going to Brisbane, we'll try to organise the wars around it so you can make it :D. Hopefully you'll have a good arsenal by then.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Welcome to the forums. I'm assuming that you have read the rules and FAQ's and the like, I wont go into that much because it may be considered "backseat moderating", which is frowned apon around these parts :P.

On the issue of grammer, it's just easier if people use good, structured ENGLISH sentances, it just makes it easier for everyone to read and understand what you are trying to say.

I personally don't much care for painting guns, they look good stock in my opinion but each to their own. If you insist on painting then just make sure they are "eye raping" colours. This just means don't dip them in a bucket of black paint, even if you have orange tips, it's just easier if you leave it stock or paint it so that at wars, passers-by will instantly recognise it as a toy gun and not call the cops LOL.
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:03 pm

I hope you're not going to paint it black or dark camo, we usually ban them at wars because of the nature of 'public misinterpretation'.
    I personally don't much care for painting guns, they look good stock in my opinion but each to their own. If you insist on painting then just make sure they are "eye raping" colours. This just means don't dip them in a bucket of black paint, even if you have orange tips, it's just easier if you leave it stock or paint it so that at wars, passers-by will instantly recognise it as a toy gun and not call the cops LOL.
    I plan on painting my Mav crimson and black, mostly crimson. The main reason I want to paint them is to have a matching colour scheme instead of orange/black/yellow with blue/black/orange or whatnot. (also so people can recognise my guns and not confuse them with other peoples)

Brisbane aye, alert me or phuonguyen by PM when you're going to Brisbane, we'll try to organise the wars around it so you can make it . Hopefully you'll have a good arsenal by then.
    Makes me feel special having a war organised around my travel plans
    By then I'll have my Raider, Mav(modded) and hopefully try to get a Longshot.

I'm off to a party now so I wont be able to reply to any posts for a while probably, unless it gets boring

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Yeah crimson should be sweet. It's when it's like... significantly dark then I get pedantic and OCD. Yeah just remember phuonguyen or me... give us at least a month's notice and we'll try to organise it around the time you're there.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Another colour scheme could be white as the main colour and blue as the... Secondary ( is that the right word? :/ ) colour. It looks fricken sweet and still maintains the toy-gun-not-having-the-passersby-call-the-cops look
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am

Switchblade wrote:Another colour scheme could be white as the main colour and blue as the... Secondary ( is that the right word? :/ ) colour. It looks fricken sweet and still maintains the toy-gun-not-having-the-passersby-call-the-cops look

Hmmm... that would be pretty awesome I think I might get a 2nd Mav and I'll paint one crimson/black and the other white/blue. I'm a little bit worried about modding my mav at the moment, I don't wanna risk breaking my first gun. How risky is it to do the basic mav mods? (AR removal and such)
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:06 am

Cerbyn wrote:I don't wanna risk breaking my first gun. How risky is it to do the basic mav mods? (AR removal and such)

There very easy to mod, find a guide to follow and don't worry about breaking your guns. there always fixable.
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 am

Just been looking at some guides... seems pretty simple really. I think I might do a CPVC barrel replacement and the Russian roulette mod. Just means I'll have to go buy a dremel or something first.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:39 am

Yeahmav AR removal is nothing. but CPVC doesn't exist in australia. I'm not sure what a good CPVC analog is but I'm thinking Either Hep20 or UPVC. Someone else please confirm that.
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:43 am

Switchblade wrote:Yeahmav AR removal is nothing. but CPVC doesn't exist in australia. I'm not sure what a good CPVC analog is but I'm thinking Either Hep20 or UPVC. Someone else please confirm that.

Yep, 16mm conduit (upvc) is good for re-barreling Mavs.
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks guys Roughly how much would it cost to get enough to rebarrel my mav?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 pm

It'll cost you like $5... and your craftsmen ship lol.
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Alrighty, I guess once I get some money I'll go do some shopping Go pick up my Raider from layby and buy some upvc and a dremel thingy. If my mods are successful then I'll start looking into getting some nylon dye to recolour my Mav and then think about modding my Raider.
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 pm

if you have them a hacksaw/coping saw 'can' be a lot more accurate than a dremmel plus cheaper.

also welcome to oz nerf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:02 pm