Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
TheBradl3s
Switchblade
6 posters

Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling

Switchblade
    Switchblade

Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Empty Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling

Post  Switchblade Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 pm

All righty, 1st write-up FTW! My dad decided to do some of this today when I was at school :/ so some of the pics will be post production.
    The macro on my camera is… absolute crap house, so sorry in advance
    You start with your BBUMB
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Ultmb1
    Thanks for Roger Explosion for borrowing your picture. I promise I’ll return it after I’m finished with it.

Open up the gun all of the screws are obvious and the screw wells are deep so you don’t need to worry about losing screws . You don’t need to unscrew the pump handle.

Here is what your gun should look like + the flash hider thing, pretty basic right?
    Take out the whole assembly (all of the white tubes and the barrel)
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2672

If you pull the pumping handle you will see the plunger head and the O-ring. I tried to put another O-ring on there but if you look closely at your head (of the plunger you sick minded people :P) where the O-ring sits, do you see the little notches? Well those act as kind of like a 1-way valve, if you try to double ring it, when you pull the plunger back it just creates a vacuum and the head will go back into the tube as soon as you let the handle go.
    Anyway, the hole on top of the head is where the OPV is located, so just get your hot glue, I used ‘fletch-tite’ which is glue for archery stuff, but it’s super-cala-fricken-awsome. Just ‘plug’ that hole and you can pump more than 6 times (6 is about when the OPV kicks in, I would recommend no more than 12).
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2668

While you have the gun apart pull apart where the plunger casing is that joins to a smaller tube going to ‘the bulb’. You will see a tiny O-ring, I wrapped just some masking tape between the O-ring and there the flat bit of the plunger tube casing. I’m not sure if this did anything but it can’t hurt right?
    Now put your gun back together, you won’t need to pull it apart again. When you put the gun back together, the wire that connects the trigger to the pin, make sure that the wire is underneath the trigger, otherwise it will rub and be a bitch to use. It’s also a good idea to lube the metal pipe aswell:
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Rightwayformetalbar

Now do you see the orange tip in the barrel post thing? Just cut that off. Now grab a 9/16 drill bit, and slowly drill through the hole that is presented to you from cutting off the orange bit. (that’s if you’re using 9/16 brass like me, if your barrel is looser, just pack the end going into the post with tape to make it tight.) Now get your 9/16 brass and slowly push and twist it down into the barrel, I only managed to get mine inside about half way. You could also put tape over the air holes on the black post, but if you putting a barrel down there then you probably don’t need to do that.
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2671
    ^tape^

Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Heado
    ^Orange nub^
    N.B. If you don’t want to add a barrel you can just tape up those holes and instead of cutting off the orange nub, grind it down so it’s flat, then slowly work up to a 1/2 inch drill bit and then the orange cap is drilled out, but it’s a slightly smaller diameter than the ‘black barrel’ so stock darts and blue foam will fit almost perfectly around the orange bit. Think of it as a crappy barrel, ranges with just that are about 65ft, 70ft if you’re lucky with streamlines and 10 pumps (all ranges are ‘plugged’)

Now at this point some people will be screaming at their screens “OMFG WTF man you have no reinforcement on the barrel, you’re gonna get GG’ed man!!”. But just relax, I got this guys.
    Once you get your 9/16 in there nice and tight, I got a piece of copper I had lying around (OD of 3/4 inch, about 100mm long) and place that over the ‘black barrel’ and the brass (I’ll do a diagram later). After that, grab a pool noodle (apparently the new ones don’t have holes through them so you need one with a hole through it) and cut it about 16cm long and taper one end like in the below picture.
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2674

Now slide/force that into the orange ‘flash arrestor’, It will be super tight. This helps strengthen the barrel at the 2 most crucial parts, where the black barrel comes out of the BBUMB shell and at the end of the ‘black barrel’ where the brass comes out. Refer to this diagram for a better idea:
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Diagramq

The pool noodle acts as a shock absorber for the impact of a drop on the ground, and makes everything fit super tight. A.K.A no glue required :D.
    If you still want to use the rockets that came with your new rape cannon, wrap some 1inch tape around the end of the brass until the missile sits tightish.

Because Thanh reckoned that the public might become scared of the whole “WTF it has brass? Does it shoot ball bearings or something?” aspect, I got the barrel from my LSFG and lopped a bit off the end and shoved it over the brass, covering all of it except a 7cm length of brass that is showing, the perfect length for the missiles, that my dad insisted on making it being able to shoot :/
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2675

The finnished product:
    Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Sany2677

Streamline ranges (most of the darts were old and streamline range tests are no real indercation of performance due to the hole in the head):
    70ft
    77.5ft
    98.5ft
    70ft
    115ft
    average:86.2ft (parallel to the ground)
    Snap cap ranges:
    Missile ranges:
    There’s been a monsoon here and there’s puddles of water everywhere so I’ll do a range test tomorrow and update this.

Last edited by Switchblade on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited streamline ranges)
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Empty Re: Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling

Post  TheBradl3s Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Different, but nice for those people who don't really want to cut off their barrel!
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling Empty Re: Write-Up: BBUMB Coupler-less Rebarreling

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Looking good!

I would be using this however the foam part prevents you from clipping the thing but it does look very clean and well done
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:12 am

Updated streamline ranges, I'll update snap cap ranges this weekend and missile ranges when I get home this arvo.
    radiantraidercs-35
    radiantraidercs-35

Post  radiantraidercs-35 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:15 am

Dude I got to say that look nice good work with the pool noodle
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 am

inf0rm3r wrote:Looking good!

I would be using this however the foam part prevents you from clipping the thing but it does look very clean and well done
    Yeah thanks man, I was going to coupler it to be able to make it take clips but I got home and my dad was like "I was bored so I did this, this and this", "umm, thanks... I suppose "
    Please tell me that this will work with snap caps Oh I can't take the barrel of either so will they fit if I shove them down the barrel? I have a ramrod I can use if it's of any help.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:44 am

That's how inf0rm3r's best mate use to do it. Shoving darts down the barrel. Yes snap caps work with 9/16". If Ben brings the BBUMB on sunday you can tell your dad 'dad that's what I was going to do, so much better'. If you want to guilt trip him :P.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:47 am

littlebro05 wrote:That's how inf0rm3r's best mate use to do it. Shoving darts down the barrel. Yes snap caps work with 9/16". If Ben brings the BBUMB on sunday you can tell your dad 'dad that's what I was going to do, so much better'. If you want to guilt trip him :P.
    Thank GOD! I would hate for all that effort to relult in me only being able to use streamlines
    I'll most likely do snap cap range test at the Mt. Gravatt war, If I can borrow dad's 100ft tape measure.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:48 am

100ft? I've got a 150ft one :D. I'll bring it to the war. And don't worry we got new snap caps now. They work with conduit.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 am

Lol 150ft it is It's great because from my side gate to the back fence is exactly 100ft :P. It's awsome for rouph measurements, and theres a couple of darts in the trees still from where I tried, and failed, to do angle ranges. I managed to get 1 good angled shot which went 100ft at about a 30 degree angle, with streamlines ofcourse.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:12 am

I want to put this things tank into a raider or furyfire. I still wish the 4b was still in production.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am