Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+14
Silent Scope
Kaos88
Psykka
craziwolf
son of eevil
nerffirefight24
Winterstrike
ShootEmUp
splosionman
gooni
TheBradl3s
littlebro05
Akimbo Assassin
Reconzor
18 posters

Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it-

Reconzor
    Reconzor

Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- Empty Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it-

Post  Reconzor Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:53 am

First off, to crush you expectations..a little
    There is no longstrike internals in this blaster apart form the trigger.
    Its is virtually impossible to get a 1337 longstrike with the standard internals, even with another spring, ar etc.

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SAY IT, IF ITS WITTY THEN DONT POST AT ALL
    Now.. Shall we move on?

So after buying my lonsgtrike which my mate got for me (Kudos to Andrew, no Oznerf acc..yet..), I unboxed it, goggled at the epic sniper looks, chuck a clip in with some streamlines. And got annoyed. maybe 30ft? So i unscrewed the shell and attempted to remove ar etc. No luck so i looked over to my titan and thought.. Maybe, just maybe. (it was plan incase the ar mods didnt work at all.. they didn't) Also, it doesnt work with informers stefans.. (stock)

So after like +7 hours, i have mostly finshed to what i think is good.
    Pics soon.(read next bit)

Problems with the guns intergration/reshell
    Hornet blastbutton- fixed by cutting off and sealin the hole with a screw
    Trigger- used the longstrike trigger after modding it, and attaching it.
    Pump location/pipe- Originally, i had the pump coming out the the back, but as i had to repipe the pump/tank (i burnt it when i was using a lighter and hot glue, as i didnt have the glue gun for the sticks.) they were clashing each other, and i couldn't pump it easily.
    Shell- gutted as needed, cut the crap out of the inside, and outside. Ended up with 3 separate (main shell, not stock or barrel) shell pieces.
    Crooked Barrel(is that the right spelling?)- No fix yet

Pictures!
    Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- IMG_1557
    Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- IMG_1558
    Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- IMG_1559
    Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- IMG_1560
    Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- IMG_1561

Still a WIP, but i will be adding more pictures when the camera decides to not use up 2 AA batteries in 5 pictures..

Also, if anyone is interested in one tell me.
    If you are then maybe the Contract could be like

I get:
    Titan, longstrike
    $15
    sight from titan shell
    sight from lonstrike
    trigger from longstrike

You get

Titanstrike (barrel as well, if i have enough..like not the add on barrel, a conduit barrel)
    Add on barrel
    longstrike internals
    titan shell
    A handshake

Questions, comments, flames?

Cheers,
    Reconzor
    Also, sorry for any grammer/spelling mistakes, im on my dads laptop, and not on mine (its getting repaired) so, im not really used to his keyboard alot. Anyone who uses the same computer for ages, then uses another on will know what i mean.

Last edited by Reconzor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- Empty Re: Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it-

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 am

Yuck, what is this hideous monstrosity?

Seriously, kudo to you for experimenting. But I would not take it out to play in the public. Part of the reason for Nerf play is not only to get the best performance out from your blasters, but also to look the part too.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it- Empty Re: Fear thy longstrike -WIP, deal with it-

Post  Reconzor Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Yuck, what is this hideous monstrosity?

Seriously, kudo to you for experimenting. But I would not take it out to play in the public. Part of the reason for Nerf play is not only to get the best performance out from your blasters, but also to look the part too.

true.. Could just spray paint the internals longstrike blue.. But its still pretty cool. Cant wait to try this as a sniper in a war though.. with a minium engagment range of 8mtrs (like i dont shoot if they are close than 8mtrs.).
    Also the OVP valve is not plugged.. no idea how to, and i wouldn't risk it.

Also is still a WIP so its still fairly hideous.. Coming up with an hinge/cover type thing to cover the main exposed part. Therefore keeping the asthetic side of it. If it works.. To many ifs.. If only..
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Trololololol. Yes I agree with Akimbo Assassin. Also I wouldn't let you play with that. Looks way to homemade.

You saw that mega raider? Yeah that's alright. That you have there... Nope. Nice try though. Highly doubt anyone would want you to contract that.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 pm

wow... and I thought I butchered mine :O
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 pm

TheBradl3s wrote:wow... and I thought I butchered mine :O

Indeed, I thought the titanmav/mavtitan was an ugly fudger and your bumbstrike ws not a hole lot better , but we have a new winner. It even beats the fugly of my rebbumb.

Dont' let Chad see this , he might give you a strike for the pain it will do to his eyes.

But it is good to see people try, it is the only way to learn how to do things in my book.

Gooni
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 pm

In future remember that ducktape is not an effective adhesive. I guess its all about improving though.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Back in the spudfiles forums we use to call things ghetto fill these criteria... I can't remember them all, but here are some of them.

1. Anything with duct tape, e-tape or tape on the external finish
    2. Made with NO form of measurement except for looking at what 'should' fit well
    3. Anything cut up

There were like 4 more other rules, but it looks like this LongStrike is one of them.
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Awesome, Its good to see someone your age brave enough to get stuck into something serious like that.

You can only improve from now on, keep it up
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 pm

As punishment for having a hand in creating this abomination, I sentence you to the following:-

Each time you approach an attractive member of the opposite sex, you shall show her this monstrosity and say "I forgot I was Edward Scissorhands for Halloween and I had to go pee. This is what my penis looks like now."
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 pm

I think mine was a lot cleaner and more efficient but this isn't bad for a newby.
    -Adam-
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:28 pm

ShootEmUp wrote:Awesome, Its good to see someone your age brave enough to get stuck into something serious like that.

You can only improve from now on, keep it up

Which is why I gave him a kudo for his effort.

It is not exactly a beautiful plastic surgery job, more like Dr Frankenstein's job. Hey, maybe you should rename it "Fear the Frankenstein" But again, good on you for trying.

I am also thinking instead of all the duct tapes you put on the gauge and that red bit on top, maybe you can consider hot glue them instead. Add hot glue around those edges, then file and smooth the edge down, and when you spray paint later, it "might" looks better. Just a suggestion anyway.
    son of eevil

Post  son of eevil Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Well... much like Dr Frakenstein's monster, it's ugly as hell, but hey Dr Frankenstein raised the dead! Can you do that? I'd be interested to see the range it gets!
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 am

:/ i like it though, its awesome. I will be working on the cover to cover the titan tank like a sort of door flap thing. Also, there is only duct tape as its STILL A WIP, and i dont have a hot glue gun for the hot glue stick i bought (100 for a mini hot glue gun $15)
    So that is why there is a duct tape.

Anyway. Ranges, 100-150+ plus, i dont have a tape measure and ranges wise, its guess work. And the OPV isn't plugged.

Winterstrike wrote:As punishment for having a hand in creating this Masterpiece, I sentence you to the following:-

Each time you approach an attractive member of the opposite sex, you shall show her this monstrosity and say "I forgot I was Edward Scissorhands for Halloween and I had to go pee. This is what my penis looks like now."
    I lol'd....:/ At least it wasn't some witty twilight thing

Cheerz,
    Reconzor
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 am

On that note, hot glue is not an effective adhesive.

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:03 am

Guys, don't be a jerk about it, sure it's not very nice looking, but this thing took time, he said that in his post. When you put effort into something, it's not good to have someone come and shit on it by going "That looks disgusting". The thing you do is constructive criticism. Anyway, nice work, and I do think in all honesty that it isn't the prettiest, but I do recognize the fact that you don't have the correct materials. And you can't argue with Titan ranges.
    Also, what did you use to make the trigger work? A wire or like the mega raider with a lever trigger?
    Also chad, sigged.

craziwolf
    craziwolf

Post  craziwolf Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 am

splosionman wrote:On that note, hot glue is not an effective adhesive.

I disagree, it can be effective in (a) the right hands and (b) the appropriate conditions / components.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:55 am

the appropriate conditions / components

Considering you can't apply force to hotclue bonds there isn't many "appropriate" uses for hotglue in nerf. That doesn't stop just just using twice as much and saying "she'll be right"

On topic. I'll try to be constructive. Yes it's ugly and you've probably ruined the structural integrity of your gun. There are holes cut in it that seem entirely unnecessary. There's a pic of nerffirefight24's version of this in the pics thread I think. That would have been better to use for a reference. I think his is about as clean as this type of mod can be aside from some minor tweeks.

I don't think putting a titan into a longstrike is a good idea. You have to cut away the original shell (which really is the only reason we should have a longstrike. You only want to very monor cuts to the shell such as a hole for the pump. For that reason a BBUMB or a 4B tank are by far better options to put into a longstrike as they can be entirely hidden within the shell.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:43 am

SuperTastyfish wrote:Guys, don't be a jerk about it, sure it's not very nice looking, but this thing took time, he said that in his post. When you put effort into something, it's not good to have someone come and shit on it by going "That looks disgusting". The thing you do is constructive criticism. Anyway, nice work, and I do think in all honesty that it isn't the prettiest, but I do recognize the fact that you don't have the correct materials. And you can't argue with Titan ranges.
    Also, what did you use to make the trigger work? A wire or like the mega raider with a lever trigger?
    Also chad, sigged.
    Thanks. Its still a WIP. and i didn't/dont have the correct materials. But ironically my mum when to bunnings, and when she came home she had a mini hot glue gun:). so the tank is in place as well as the barrel. And yeah it isn't pretty. But it works.

Ah the trigger.. Took 1 hour of thinking and messing around. Then 2 hours to actaully put it together.
    The trigger, is the longstrike trigger, with the piece of wire form the titan, hooked onto it. After failing the 1st attempt, the second worked.:P . Thank you for postitive contructive critism. Also SuperTastyFish, Tacocat spelt backwards is still tacocat.

Psykka wrote:
    the appropriate conditions / components

Considering you can't apply force to hotclue bonds there isn't many "appropriate" uses for hotglue in nerf. That doesn't stop just just using twice as much and saying "she'll be right"

On topic. I'll try to be constructive. Yes it's ugly and you've probably ruined the structural integrity of your gun. There are holes cut in it that seem entirely unnecessary. There's a pic of nerffirefight24's version of this in the pics thread I think. That would have been better to use for a reference. I think his is about as clean as this type of mod can be aside from some minor tweeks.

I don't think putting a titan into a longstrike is a good idea. You have to cut away the original shell (which really is the only reason we should have a longstrike. You only want to very monor cuts to the shell such as a hole for the pump. For that reason a BBUMB or a 4B tank are by far better options to put into a longstrike as they can be entirely hidden within the shell.

Very true. All i have/had was/is a titan. So next time (if there is one..) ill use the BBUMB as 4b are rare and expensive nowadays..i think. Although my mate who quit nerf has one but its $80.. I made a lot of mistakes making this, such as the cutting etc. It was my first attempt at something major, and from my Point Of View, its awesome.
    Also, the random holes were for the 1st setup, where the pump was above the stock, but i moved it as it wasnt working well.. So thats why there are some holes in places it shouldn't be there.
    Cheers,
    Reconzor

Also Chad/Winter strike:
    I asked for comments not witticisms.
    craziwolf
    craziwolf

Post  craziwolf Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Psykka wrote:

where is the modders imagination? clearly wether it is a good idea or not pushing the boundaries of nerf modding is half the fun and if it doesn't work, yes you may loose a good nerf but you learn from it and make it better next time.

thumbs up young one!
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:42 pm

How could you do that to a Longstrike? I am actually think I am going to cry.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm the opposite, I am still a fan of "ghetto-chopped" works with duct tape longer than the world's circumference within projects like these. It reminds me of the old days when wrapping guns around with tape were the way of looking hardcore and 1337. Yes many of us are well aware of the lack of structural rigidity from the holes you've cut, but as so long as you are able to prove its worth on the battlefield the success of the mod should mostly lie on how well it performs.

If I were to approach this mod, I would've used either a:

• MM gen 2 setup, or
    • Big Salvo piston tank setup with a SSPB exhaust valve.

But it's good for what it is, so far.

That said, however, I do have one important thing I have to say to you Reconzor:

As much as it's valid to request feedback in the form you want it, it won't stop members from making critical analysis from time to time that may give you (and others attempting to do this mod, for that matter) new angles and approaches to this mod which would otherwise never have been brought up. It's part of the process to have as many detractors as there are supporters to probe those insights.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 am

Here's an idea, why not slap in a tank that fills with say, one pump, and hook up the pump to the bolt mech, so that when loading another round into the chamber, continuing to pull back on the bolt also pumps the tank with air. Then you push it back, closing the reciever and volia, a single action insane-o blaster.

Just an idea kiddies...
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 am

Hey not bad, have to agree with everyone that looks... could be worked on. but you have to start somewhere. Keep it up you'll get the hang of it. Just an idea try some large pvc or flexi drain pipe to cover the holes and make it look a little tidier. Also a BBBB and BUMB fit into a longstrike that has been dremeled so no need to hack up the pretty looking shell

Good work overall
    lxndr95
    lxndr95

Post  lxndr95 Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

That's one ugly looking beast
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:14 am

@ crazi wolf

True..
    @silent scope
    I was ready to receive criticism, but S*** house smart arse witticisms from people (ala' Chad)

Thanks. Duct tape is pretty 1337. A motto from the "duct tape guys"

If it isn't stuck and its meant to be, duct tape, if it is and it shouldn't be WD 40 it.

All i had on hand was Titan, and i just wanted to see if it IS possible to put a fearsome component into it. It is battle worthy for a guy who will seriously camp for hours. Or a sniper.

@Snow dragon

Genius, on the way home from the school today (BUS >_<) i was thinking of doing this again with one of the tanks, and keeping it compatabile with clips. But the pump is genius. Maybe a small air compressor (SMALL) with a super sensitive switch so when the switch is hit it turns it on for X amount of time.

To all:

The pump has been move to the front, in a decent fashion, and its glued in as well as the tank and barrel.

Cheerz,
    Reconzor

Bolt Action
    Bolt Action

Post  Bolt Action Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 am

My god that is untidy, have you got it working yet?
    I did the same thing but with a stampede shell, and everything fitted nicely (and neatly)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:02 pm