Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike"

psyk
    psyk

Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike" Empty Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike"

Post  psyk Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:45 am

Hey everybody.

Since the 2011 Super Soakers have been released in Singapore a couple of days ago,
    I decided to post this tutorial up.

Basically I've put a Mega Missile (Gen 1 - Thanks, Phuonguyen) tank, attached an Airtech 2000 pump, and put everything into the shell of a Super Soaker Tornado Strike,
    simply because the Tornado Strike looks AWESOME.

So here's a video tutorial, instead of the usual writeup. Hope you guys like it

gooni
    gooni

Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike" Empty Re: Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike"

Post  gooni Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 am

Once again you have done a great job there my friend. The internal RSCB is a work of art. and yes the Tornado Strike looks freaking pimp.

Keep up the good work Psyk, I look forward to your next adventures in the world of modding.

Gooni.
    Hamish
    Hamish

Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike" Empty Re: Mega Missile in a SS Tornado Strike - "Mega Strike"

Post  Hamish Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:14 am

Nice mod. Yay for shout out. Glad I could help.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm

gooni, thank you
    I don't know what's going to be next, but something will come along for sure

Hamish, thank you too!

Anyways, here's an update on the material info, I stand corrected on some of the measurements,
    and would like to credit one of the users on the NerfSG forums, ExpiredYoghurt for this.

Europet PETG (the clear dark grey PETG)-
    ID: 13mm
    OD: 15mm

"Wider PETG" -
    ID: 15mm (therefore it will nest perfectly over the Europet PETG)
    OD: 18mm

SingaPlastics 13mm UPVC (and I think that this is the same with 13mm PVC worldwide) -
    ID: 13mm
    OD: 18mm (so all 13mm UPVC couplers / joints / endcaps can be used on the "wider PETG")

Sorry for the wrong info in the video. I've updated the video with an annotation of these measurements.

Also, I feel that there is a need to explain why I swapped pump tubes / pumps.
    The stock Tornado Strike pump is well... I don't know the exact correct term or name for it, but it's sort of like a "2-way vacuum" pump...

Pulling the pump out causes the system to suck water from the water clip into the "reservoir" (because it doesn't have a tank), and pushing the pump in squeezes the water directly out of the nozzles.

This means that if I were to attach an air tank and I had kept the TS stock pump + tube, all I would be doing is just pushing and pulling air into and back out of the tank.

Also, in stock form, pushing the pump in would make the barrel rotate, and this is done by a gear system, which, translates to more torque / resistance and more sound when pumping, so I did away with it completely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 am