Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
TheBradl3s
abowden
psyk
7 posters

Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup

psyk
    psyk

Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup Empty Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup

Post  psyk Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey guys!

It's been awhile since I posted a mod.
    I'm sorry that this is gonna be a video writeup, though.

I'll work on the "generic" write-up when I get the time to, I promise.
    Things are getting really hectic so I haven't had much time to do what I wanna do.
    Hope you guys like it.

Part 01:

Part 02:

Sorry if you guys can't view YouTube vids...
    It's the best I can do for now. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Also, here's the credits and links section:

Zorn's Sylow Conjugator Demo Vid

Zorn's Sylow Conjugator Write-up

Ahtanie's Modified BBBB

Shoutouts to Broken_SVT too, because he also made an 8-dart turreted LAHB, using SorrowX's home-made 8-dart turrets.
    abowden
    abowden

Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup Empty Re: Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup

Post  abowden Sun May 15, 2011 2:33 am

My only complaint is that it doesn't auto rotate(although it doesn't matter that much), aside from that, you just made the BBBB so much more effective.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup Empty Re: Firefly Turreted Atlantis Harpoon Blaster / BBBB Video Writeup

Post  TheBradl3s Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 am

So much win.

- Brad
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sun May 15, 2011 5:14 am

Way too Awesome
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sun May 15, 2011 6:04 am

Haha thanks guys

Abowden: yeah that's my main gripe too. I was thinking REALLY hard on how to make it auto-rotate... but there would have to be alot more work done, and probably, the blaster would end up being longer overall...
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun May 15, 2011 9:35 am

Yeah and it would be difficult to rotate for loading it without firing. (I think)
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Mon May 16, 2011 7:53 am

This thing looks AWESOME!!! I have 4 Big Blasts NIB. I'm definitely going to try this and give it one of my special paint jobs. It totally looks like a Harley inspired blaster. I have one modded 4B (simple RSCB) but it was one of my first ones and isn't that great. But after M6, seeing Dumpster absolutely rape anyone he was aiming at made me rethink that I just haven't put the right amount of effort into it...Then I saw your 4B and was like, I DEFINITELY need to make one of those!!! FANTABULOUS JOB!!!

On a different note...Massacre 6 was FCUKIN' AWESOME!!!! First of all, as soon as I walked in, EVERYBODY knew me. Haha! Youtube has made me a home grown celebrity. Everyone wanted to shake my hand but most of all they wanted to see my Octo-Shot. My paint job was all the rage. Can't go wrong with well done flames. Apparently, I have the only working one in Canada that anyone knows of. Score for me. In the world (as far as I know, presently) there's the 2 I have, yours, Brad and boosted6 from Australia. That's it. We ROCK!!!

I am definitely now known as a RUSHER!!! I'm telling you, I ran in there with the needle in the red boosted with nitro!!!! I loved it!! And so did everyone else. They were very surprised that for my very first war, I had the balls to charge in and take hit after hit. I made myself an obvious threat with my speed, agility, evasiveness and "Crazy dodging skills!" They wasted so much ammo trying to get me from a distance. As soon as I started my rush, they would call out, "MAKEITGO IS COMING IN!!!!"
    "WHERE?!?"
    "FROM THE LEFT!!!"
    "HERE HE COMES!!!"
    "FCUK!!!! HE'S ON THE RIGHT!!!"
    "NO!!! HE'S COMING STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE!"
    "WHAT THE FCUK!!"
    "FCUK HE'S FAST!!!"

I'm not going to lie. Aiming on the move isn't my strong point yet. I'd only take 1 person out on average per rush but I saw my darts curve or 'just' miss. I should have been able to take out at least 4 per rush. It's something I hadn't really practiced before but will in the future from now on.
    Let me tell you, rushing in and KNOWING that all 14/15 people on the opposing side are looking just for you is such a RUSH!!! Like I said, I'd only get 1 kill on average per rush but I'd take 4 or 5 hits each time. People loved hitting me. What a blast!!!

My Octo faired pretty well. I haven't opened her up yet to judge the damage but one of my barrels won't rotate fully. I also used my Quad and 4B. Destroyed my Quad some how. It won't rotate at all anymore. And realized that I haven't modded my 4B to it's full potential. You and Dumpster have inspired me!!!

...Oh. And another thing. I was able to score a stock RFSG!!! YEAH!!!! Jealous?... haha
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am

Great mod and looks fantastic mate.

Shame you couldnt have had the turret lower to avoid that S-bend. Could have chopped it right back to the air pump. A straight flow would have been awesome, is there much difference at all with the bend?

Still i love it. I'm going to do a 5 shot speed loader on the 4B. Something like what Pearson uses on his PMC.(PAS MANUAL CHAINGUN)

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks Psyk, this gives me another option for the spare LAHB I have lying around.

Just have to get another firefly to sacrifice.

Cheers,
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

boosted6 wrote:Great mod and looks fantastic mate.

Shame you couldnt have had the turret lower to avoid that S-bend. Could have chopped it right back to the air pump. A straight flow would have been awesome, is there much difference at all with the bend?

Still i love it. I'm going to do a 5 shot speed loader on the 4B. Something like what Pearson uses on his PMC.(PAS MANUAL CHAINGUN)

Honestly though, there isnt much of a difference. That amount of deadspace would at most, translate to something less than 5 feet, haha. But yeah, if it could be a straight flow then that would definitely be awesome!

clunk07 wrote:Thanks Psyk, this gives me another option for the spare LAHB I have lying around.

Just have to get another firefly to sacrifice.

Cheers,

Try looking for beat-up or used Fireflies... Cos honestly all you want is just the turret.
    Try using some air zone blaster! I'm sure that there will be a blaster with a turret that can fit this situation... It's just that, here in Singapore we don't have access to any Air Zone products besides the Punisher (which is crap).
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks psyk,

I'll see what I can't find.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 pm