Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
oxymoron
Xoenz
RL
melbnerf619
clunk07
Luke
redcricket077
matt.chopper
Mozart
13 posters

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS

Mozart
    Mozart

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Empty Hand Cannon Vs. PAS

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 am

This is a review, documenting the two blasters, pros and cons, etc.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Pasvshandcannon

Overveiw:
    They're both very nice blasters, fair bit of modification potential each, nice large plunger tubes. Both get great ranges when singled, especially. They both feel nice to hold, have a good, solid feel and with a bit of reinforcement, will both be very strong and last a long time. These blasters are definitely my first choice at the moment, compared to a Longshot or air blaster. RoF with certain clip systems is great, as the priming motion is so fast and simply.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Pas3

The PAS stock is pretty useless, as are most Nerf blaster stocks, with a few exceptions. It's quite weak and doesn't serve a purpose. The stock happens to be made straight into the rear portion of the grip, so it's quite uncomfortable to hold. The Hand Cannon doesn't have a stock, although, being the exact same shell as the Triple Shot, there is a stock available that's made to fit it. The grip on the Hand Cannon is excellent and seems to fit my hand perfectly. It's comfortable, gives a nice surface area to press against for priming, it even looks great, where as the PAS handle just doesn't cut it. The back of the PAS is very plain, just a black circle, which certainly isn't a bad thing. Simple is good! Where as, the back of the Hand Cannon is a bit more complex, looking a bit mechanical.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Handcannon3

The triggers both have their pros and cons, which I'll go over now. The PAS trigger is a little funny, it's a lever trigger and has a bit of a funny pivot point, almost as if your finger needs to be a bit lower than normal, to pull it comfortably. Of course, it's not really an issue, but best to cover everything. I've considered cutting a portion of the trigger off and shaping it to be a little shorter. The PAS trigger also releases very easily. Once primed, it's very easy to release the plunger rod, launching the dart. The trigger guard is very big, a little unnecessary. The Hand Cannon trigger is quite comfortable and I find that I like triggers with no pivot motion slightly more, although it is a bit harder to pull. Once again, not an issue for most people. The Hand Cannon trigger is also bright orange, where as the PAS is brown. The shell aesthetics around the mid section of each blaster are nice, but also very different. The PAS is extremely plain. A black tube, basically. Where as the Hand Cannon is bright orange, with a nice golden yellow. At the rear of the mid section, it still looks mechanical, which looks very cool.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Pas2su

The priming of both blasters is a whole lot easier than something like a Longshot, or a Titan/4B. The PAS priming grip is a little slippery, the plastic is quite smooth. It's a nice big handle, with my whole hand fitting on it easily. The priming action is easy, although I only have the stock spring in it at the moment, as I'm waiting for a suitable spring to add. The Hand Cannon priming grip only just fits my hand on it, but is a lot nicer of a feel than the PAS. The plastic is rougher, with a nice texture to it. The priming action is a little more of a pain than the PAS, as it has eight (nine if you modify the grip to go back even further, but I figured it was small enough as it is) catch points, where as the PAS has only one. I'm having a little trouble with the Hand Cannon to empty a clip of five shots, as I've had surgery on my right elbow and I'm left handed. I have the stock spring and a Longshot V2 spring in it. Both priming actions are bliss, coming from a Longshot.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Handcannon

The fronts of the blasters both are cool in their own ways. The PAS is, like the rest of the blaster, extremely simple. I left one orange ring from the tip, just to keep the orange on the front of the blaster. It has a 20mm Conduit coupler for interchangable barrels. The PAS also has iron sights, although I don't think they're all that much worth mentioning, as they're far too chunky to use as sights and are mostly for structural support. The front of the Hand Cannon is pretty big, as the front is made to have a turret, although I think they converted it for mega darts quite well, it still makes for a great looking singled blaster. The shell, again, looks a bit futuristic and mechanical here, which is great. I kept the full tip on the Hand Cannon, as there was no point cutting into it and making it look ugly. It also has a cut down 20mm Conduit coupler for interchangable barrels.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Pasuy

Overall, both blasters are great. The PAS feels very flimsy and weak to me, compared to the Hand Cannon, but I've reinforced the Hand Cannon a very large amount. I think, with the same amount of reinforcements as the Hand Cannon, the PAS would be extremely solid. Both are great, both have the potential for huge amounts of power, great RoF, great feel and if you can afford it, get both! They're certainly both very fun blasters, I'm very glad to own one of each.

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Handcannon2

Thanks,
    Cody
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Hand Cannon Vs. PAS Empty Re: Hand Cannon Vs. PAS

Post  matt.chopper Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 am

I love both of these blasters.

My Hand Cannon with bathplug plunger is a real gamebreaker.

The PAS is still i nthe modification phase but I think it will contest with the HC.

Great blasters overall and good reveiw Cody.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am

Nice insight into these 2 great blasters.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Great review! looking forward to more!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 pm

As discussed in a previous thread mate, it's a bit hard to compare the structural integrity of the PAS to a HC with two tubes of epoxy putty in it... But each to their own.

Nice review, and very well structured. In my experience, the PAS priming grip isn't slippery and fits my hand nicely, but once again, physical difference in people will yield different results.

Nice work.

Cheers,
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 pm

2 great blasters and a great review. But i'd go for an HC because its $30 over the $90 PAS.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:37 pm

How is the front piece (where the turret in the Triple Shot is) held There?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 pm

melbnerf619 wrote:2 great blasters and a great review. But i'd go for an HC because its $30 over the $90 PAS.

If you were to get an ERTL blaster, it's certainly not the PAS. I didn't know it would be so similar to the singled TS/Hand Cannon.

And Mozart, what say you to the claims a Hand Cannon shell is sturdier than a Triple Shot's? Stock, that is.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 pm

2120 wrote:
    melbnerf619 wrote:2 great blasters and a great review. But i'd go for an HC because its $30 over the $90 PAS.

If you were to get an ERTL blaster, it's certainly not the PAS. I didn't know it would be so similar to the singled TS/Hand Cannon.

And Mozart, what say you to the claims a Hand Cannon shell is sturdier than a Triple Shot's? Stock, that is.

Bang for buck, a PAS will shit all over a RFSG any day of the week. Half an hour to mod, for a cost of $5, for a singled PAS. Quick and simple to achieve 110ft flat ranges, and the accuracy is better than any blaster I've ever used - I'm plinking coke cans at 90 feet, after a bit of practice.

The RFSG mod to Doomsayer/armageddon results in an impressive blaster, but the added weight on the turret is always going to be a concerning factor on mech rotation. Plus, range and accuracy are good, but not brilliant. And the time taken on that mod was quite substantial, with alot of trial and error perfecting the mech rotation, not to mention just re-barreling the turret.

Yeh, for sure, the PAS isn't a pretty-looking blaster, but is that really a concern. Look through our archives, only about 30% of modded blaster's actually go to the cosmetic/paint stage. And alot of them are only basic spray-pak jobs, with ordinary prep work.

In saying that, if you look at coop772's mod, or K9's PAS mods, there's some really functional options for the PAS, that won't break the bank - coin or time-wise.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Luke wrote:How is the front piece (where the turret in the Triple Shot is) held There?

It's got a piece bolted to the back of it, which I assume fits into the groove where the turret sits in a Triple Shot. I don't know for sure, as I don't have a Triple Shot, but I know that's how it's held in.

Clunk, man, I remember you saying that and I thought about it. I figure you're exactly right, it would be just as strong if you put the same amount of epoxy putty in it, strategically placed.

I think I mentioned that in my review, as I knew you'd bring it up..

Thanks everyone, for the kudos! (:

Also, both blasters are around the same price, origionally. It's just that Clunk, my good man, has done us all a huge service by importing them, which makes the price go way up. If we were in America, they would have been cheap, before they weree discontinued.

I've also heard that the shell is slightly thicker than the Triple Shot, I don't know for sure, as I don't have one. Honestly, it doesn't matter. You still have to reinforce the heck out of it, no matter which you get.

Third Edit..
    If you were going to get an ERTL blaster, it would most certainly be the PAS. I'm getting a RFSG too, it's in the mail, but like Clunk said, buck for buck, the PAS owns. So does the Hand Cannon, but between ERTL blasters, the PAS is best for the dollar and simplicity.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey Cody,

Just for interest's sake, Littlebro sent me this today, which I'm considering doing to my second PAS. Have a look, it's pretty simple, but does require butchering of a Raider (which I'm fairly keen on doing haha, Drum for Stampede, magwell for Hydro Cannon etc etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaksSBizuNI

I think this may eliminate a few of the gripping issues you're experiencing. Also adds some aesthetic's to the cylinder... haha

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Hey man,

Thanks so much for showing me that!! I'm definitely doing it, it solves every problem I've had with the PAS.

Very much appreciated, man.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Cool, when Littlebro showed me, I thought of you straight away. I actually thought you might have seen it on FB, but then I saw your review, and everything just fell in to place haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

No, I hadn't seen it before you showed me! Hahaa, I would have thought of me, too! Perfect for what I want.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Nice comparison. Just wondering whether the PAS creaks as much as the HC or TS?
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:50 pm

The PAS creakes a lot, man, but I'm pretty sure it's just the stock and only because mine, all the screw ports in the stock are stripped, so the screws aren't really even doing anything. Did you check out the mod that Clunk posted up a little bit? Once I do that, I'll do a review. (:

If you reinfoce it, use better screws, do all that stuff, it will be solid! (:
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 pm

@Xoenz, because I have the hand grip on mine, it never squeaks, rattles, or humms etc haha

I think it's due to not having to put any pressure on the stock when loading. All the weight is transferred to the hand grip, and where the butt-stock joins on to the body of the blaster.

Cheers,
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 am

My PAS doesn't creak at it. It's solid as a rock. All the modded Tripleshots I've seen sound like they will fall apart any second.

I'd say the whole problem with yours Cody is down to the stripped screw ports.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:25 am

I don't put pressure on the stock when priming, I'm 5' 11", that's impossible. Lol.

Yeah, stripped screw ports, definitely. Not that it matters, I'll be cutting the stock off today.

Oxy, my Hand Cannon is seriously solid as a bloody rock, I could use it in a fight as a bat and it'd be fine. The only time it feels weak is when it dry fires, which doesn't exactly sound weak, it just sounds like there's about 1000kg of force behind it.

Thanks guys
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Good review Mozart, enjoyed reading that.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks mate! (: Glad you enjoyed it.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 pm

I'd have to say the that PAS beats the HC with the 'Imported exoticness factor' which makes it just that bit more awesome to have in your arsenal.

I'm sure one of our own will find a way to make the PAS more sturdy. *Looks at Clunk07*
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Mate, you're partly right.

Man, I'm the one doing that! (: I've already started, I'll put a topic up when I'm finished. Got the Raider grip going on, a V2 spring addition, I reckon. Hope that fits nicely. It'll be a beast. (:
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Yeh mate, I'll be working on it, amongst other things. If only there was 36 hours in a day.

Cheers,
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:58 pm

One of the bonus' of being a kid is that you have plenty of free time
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Yeh, life's funny like that. All the free time you could possibly want as a kid, but no coin... Other way around as an adult haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Man, I've got a bit of both. Not many commitments at the moment, just Polytech.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Big push on at work at the moment for some advancement, so between that, and mending the family, it's pretty full-on unfortunately. Which is a shame, 'cos I've got a heap of projects I want to build, including a TS (just to see what they hype is about - and, yes, I've got 4 tubes of epoxy putty on hand haha)
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah man, my family is way too much drama, but I don't mean wife and daughter, hahaa. I don't talk to them that much, I just get abused or blamed or whatever else, lol. Only a few that I even like.

Yep, I've got an Octo on the to-do. How much do you pay for epoxy putty? I'm paying $9.50 a tube..
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Mozart wrote:Mate, you're partly right.

Man, I'm the one doing that! (: I've already started, I'll put a topic up when I'm finished. Got the Raider grip going on, a V2 spring addition, I reckon. Hope that fits nicely. It'll be a beast. (:
    if you really want to make it beast, you can put a K26 spring in it (stronger than V2) because that's what Coop772 does with most of his springer mods.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Nahh man, I'll get a Man spring for it when I can. The spring combo I have is insane, it could barely take anymore. And if it did, I don't know I i could prime it! Hahaha.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Clunk you wont need 4 tubes of epoxy, 2 is plenty.

Mozart, talking of priming, when i was at the park today, i had a father and son approach me and asked about the TS, etc.
    Anyway he tried priming it and couldnt get it halfway.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Hah! Which, the father or the sun? My girlfriend can prime mine to eight clicks. Only just, lol. She was reeeaaalllyyyy struggling. I want a Man spring, I like the idea of having a single spring. It's cool that you were nice (I assume) and let him have a go, I'd do the same and, if I was one of the father and son approaching, it'd be great to have a chat about such an awesome toy! I can prime it and fire five shots in quick sucsession, but sometimes one or two shots don't prime to eight clicks. Clunks about two of me wide with pure muscle, so it's no wonder he has no troubles at all. You must be a pretty beefy guy, too, Boost! Hahaa.

I'll be taking mine to the footy oval down the road from my house as soon as I get a tape measure. Unfortunate that if someone was to come along, I'd probably feel the need to grab my shit and move away quickly.. People don't so much ask nicely here in Burnie, as to stab, grab and run.

Clunk, you'll get to Hand Cannons out of that, for sure. I used a tube and a bit for mine, but I didn't have to reinforce anything to do with the turret or rotation mech. Because it doesn't have them, lol. I reckon I'll switch the shells around when I get a TS, the HC looks cool for an Octo.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

I've got this e-putty designed for plastic, $12 for a massive big tube of it. I can't remember where I got it though, I'll have to search my receipts, but it was online somewhere.

Yeh, I'm hoping to get a HC at some stage, but it's low on the priorities at present. Once I get these commissions sorted, I'd really like to finally open up one of my Hydro Cannon's... haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Man, you must have a dozen or more things on your to-do list! Hydros seem the way to go, if they're sitting there.

And here I am, thinking of pulling a blaster apart, just so I don't have to think about my life. Alcohol and toy guns are good for that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:27 pm