Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
lefty
Kat
Unknown
Johnnus
littlebro05
clunk07
Mozart
12 posters

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Mozart
    Mozart

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Empty Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey all!

Old mate, Clunk, showed me an awesome mod which pretty much answered all my prayers! It was a mod which had replaced the grip of the PAS, the trigger and the stock. Excellent!

So, I present the Tactical PAS! (:

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Pasgrip2

Close up of the join:

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Pasgrip

And the inside:

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Pasgrip3

The triggers are both in in the last picture, which is obviously not how it's set up.
    I also took a quick video of the trigger set up and how it works, which is nice and simple and extremely effective, but I can't email videos off my phone, lol. I'll take a few more pictures tonight and update this, I was in a rush earlier.

I didn't follow anything, just saw one on a video and made my own version. Not a particularly hard thing to recreate. It is very much a work in progress, as it still needs a lot of cosmetic work and a paint job.

I have four screws in the back, holding the two shells together. Would have liked to get another two screws into it, on the underside, but it wasn't practical. I feel epoxy putty will help with the structural support there.

I hope you all like it, I love it! It makes the PAS about a hundred times better for me, so much more comfortable, the stock is actually long enough and very comfortable, as it's a Raider stock. The trigger pull feels quite nice, better than the stock trigger.

The trigger set up is very simple and was really easy to do, just took a little thinking. I've come up with a great way where you need no glue, no machining of new pieces, nothing. Just a little cutting, drilling, etc. (:

Questions? Go for it!

Update!

With custom RSCB:
    Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Paswithrscb

End cap of RSCB, which I love:
    Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Endcap

Trigger assembly, rest:
    Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Triggertwo

Trigger assembly, compressed:
    Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Triggerassembly

The trigger assembly is the biggest part of why I'm updating this, I was asked about it, so I took a couple more photos. It's extremely simple. All I did was cut the PAS trigger to fit, which is a lot of test fitting, I had to sand down the front of the square part of the Raider trigger, so they would fit together and rest properly. Once I had it all sitting in the shell nicely, I simply marked out, then drilled two small holes. One in the Raider trigger, one in the PAS. Then I tied them together! That's how simple it was. (:

I knew I had to find a way of allowing the PAS trigger to still pivot, otherwise the whole system would fail. Coop772's version was way too complex, with ghetto spring rests made out of hot glue, custom machined pieces, rah rah rah, too much messing about. This works 100% perfect! I did have a little bit of slack in the string tying them together, but my simply solution to that problem was to use hot glue. I only used a little bit, just put it around where the string went through each hole. Make sure to glue the knot in the string, otherwise it may come undone. Just a dab on the knot will keep it strong. (:

Cheers,
    Cody

Last edited by Mozart on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Empty Re: Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Nice work mate,

Hoping to get on to this myself, possibly even this year... haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Empty Re: Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks man, wicked comfortable! So much better. Worth it, 100%
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Clunk should be thanking me for that video haha. When watching that video, it actually inspired me to make a homemade using such parks. If you look at the PAS, it looks like the shell was made from pipes LOL>
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:08 pm

That looks really nice! Only thing is the small blue bits remaining. Other than that, it looks great and you can use various stock in it! (just for 'teh lulz' obviously.

Take the stock off and you have a minimised PAS.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:10 pm

You all seem to have forgotten this is a Coop772 mod...

Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah, and Clunk suggested it to him after littlebro showed him.

'Clunk, showed me an awesome mod'
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

But they all forgot to mention him.

Credit should be given where it is due.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 pm

I guess some reconition would have been nice, but it wasn't as though mozart said it was his own mod.
    Oh yeah, good work on the grip and stock.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't claim origionality and, if you've actually watched that bloody video, neither did he, so it's not his mod. I said I got it off a video, I also said I didn't copy it.
    I took the very basic idea and made my own version of it, so I don't see that I've forgotten anyone.

Except Littlebro, because I did actually know he showed Clunk the video, lol. Thanks man. (:

Thanks Modded.

Yep, minimised, hahaa. It's a pretty sweet feeling blaster without the stock. I also mentioned that it's still a work in progress, so any sloppy ends will be trimmed up nicely and painted.

I literally had only just put it together when I took the first two pictures.

Edit: 33 seconds in. Get it right if you're going to have a crack.

Post  238232 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Sweet, I'm definitely going to do this for my RFSG. Did you have any problems with getting the new trigger in?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:12 pm

haha - Littlebro, I did "credit" you for showing me the vid, it was just in another thread

Also, it wasn't Coop's mod to begin with, and Mozart's put a twist on it anyway.

@Unknown, I see you didn't credit gooni with your shotblast mod. Let's just call it what it is - a nice solution to an issue Mozart was having with his PAS, and leave it at that.

Cheers,
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh yeah, just another idea. Since you're making a 'tactical' PAS, you should add a tac rail on it, just for fun
    Then you can make it tacticool instead!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Use your tac rail from the Raider dude, it fits perfect on the RFSG, so PAS should be fairly similar.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:22 pm

238232, Man, I thought it was going to be really hard.. Wait until tomorrow morning and I'll have it updated with what I did, it's so simple, I'm proud of myself, hahaa. No trouble at all, once I figured it out. (:

With the RFSG, you don't really need to do it, do you? I haven't got mine yet, so not sure. It was a big problem with the PAS as it was so awkward and uncomfortable.

Cheers Clunk, appreciate it.

Lol, I don't add tactical rails on blasters. I don't really like attachments, except for stocks. I'm not making a Tactical PAS, I just called it that in this thread because the stock PAS looks like an old hunting rifle, this one looks more like a SWAT shotgun or something, lol. Cheers for the idea, mate. (:
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:24 pm

I wouldn't think you'd need it on a RFSG, but if you've got the gear handy, then why not haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:27 pm

I'll certainly look at it when I get home. Although, I like it without any shit on top of it, I like it simple, lol.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 pm

The RFSG would look 'kinda silly with raider stock...

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement Untitl10

Post  238232 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Hmm... I thought that the RFSG and the PAS shared the same grip and stock?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 pm

They do mate, but the main part of the shell/stock are completely different. The RFSG is rectangular.

Post  238232 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Fair enough, I suppose I'll see what happens when it comes in.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:08 pm

What..? No they don't, they're completely different, aren't they? I thought the RFSG has a big beefy grip with a square trigger guard and a squarer stock, where as the PAS is all curves..?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 pm

I was talking about how structural they are. Obviously, the PAS doesn't have a hand-grip, hence why the butt-stock is curved.

If you were to add a Raider etc stock to a RFSG, you'd probably be better off doing it without the hand-grip.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Yeah, yeah, I get it now. Actually, I wouldn't change it on the RFSG. No point, really. I wouldn't change the grip or stock.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I'd consider changing the hand-grip, would be about all. It's a little short, and a bit chunky. A LSFG handle would be alot more ergonomic, but probably not worth the hassle.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Updated!
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:36 am

Nice work on the trigger is it still a hair trigger?

I'm looking at probably replacing the pistol grip on my RFSG after the other mods are done. I find the stock grip intensly uncomfortable, it feels like it was made for 10yrs olds
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:02 am

Very Nice. The join on that thing looks pretty clean. Must be very comfortable now.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 am

lefty wrote:Nice work on the trigger is it still a hair trigger?

I'm looking at probably replacing the pistol grip on my RFSG after the other mods are done. I find the stock grip intensly uncomfortable, it feels like it was made for 10yrs olds

It's a bit short and chunky, hey!! I was going to use a LSFG handle, but meh, it may happen down the track.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 am

Nice work mate. I would have tried it today if I had a handle to use.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 am

Cheers all.

What's a hair trigger? If you mean a leaver trigger, yes. It's actually both. It's pretty simple, just look at the two pictures to figure out how it works.

Yeah, Matt, do it man. It takes a bloody long time, cutting and sanding with a Dremel, though, lol.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 am

Looks like I'll be picking up another raider soon lol.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 am

Raider's pretty expensive for it, you could easily use a Recon. Coop772 used a Spectre, but I hate every single thing about that blaster. You can use anything, man, doesn't have to be a Raider.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 am

I know but I also want another drum. At 45 dollars I don't really mind.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 am

Ohh, hello. Mr Deep Pockets! Pick me up a couple Longshots while you're at it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:26 pm