Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range?

|Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range? Empty Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range?

Post  |Shadow| Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 am

I just finished working on my longshot the other day.
    - Brass Breach
    - 14kg Spring upgrade (Oznerfnerds spring kit).
    - O-ring upgrade (Oznerfnerds kit)

So I just did a test fire got about 60 meters slightly angled.
    I used a custom full length streamline (blue foam) with a hard type silicon based tip that i found to use.
    It's weight is about 1.19 grams

So I was just wondering what ranges you guys with Brass Breach Longshots get?
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range? Empty Re: Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range?

Post  Eclipse Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 am

I personally can't remember, although that seems like a bit more than mine. Also, have you reinforced your bolt sled? If you haven't, with a spring like that in it, it won't last long at all.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range? Empty Re: Longshot with Brass Breach: Whats you're Best Range?

Post  |Shadow| Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am

Eclipse wrote:I personally can't remember, although that seems like a bit more than mine. Also, have you reinforced your bolt sled? If you haven't, with a spring like that in it, it won't last long at all.

Yeah i did reinforced the boltsled, epoxy putty reinforced the plunger head (padded it also) and some epoxy putty around the stress points on the shell just in case lol
    I took my time on the mod, been doing it on and off for over a month now (also had problems getting brass at first).
    Breach seal alinement needs a little touch up and alinement but a part from that its all done.

mhmh I just noticed i forgot to put the pin back in the dart tooth ops lol better fix that ...

Last edited by |Shadow| on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a missing word)
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah mine gets 55 metres flat(no angle) with a heavy silicone tip dart. But this is because it has 16kg spring load and has 99% seal for the plunger and 100% seal for the breech. I have people to confirm this at Mowbray park. It is fully reinforced (I mean everywhere).
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 am

Photo Ninja wrote:Yeah mine gets 55 metres flat(no angle) with a heavy silicone tip dart. But this is because it has 16kg spring load and has 99% seal for the plunger and 100% seal for the breech. I have people to confirm this at Mowbray park. It is fully reinforced (I mean everywhere).

Just what I wanted to hear, I thought I was dreaming today : D
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Don't worry sounds legit, I know a guy who gets 60 metres FLAT with his....
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah my seal is pretty good, i reckon its up there with the 99% mark.
    I spent a lot of time on the o-ring plunger seal and also messed around improving the front plunger seal.

My breach is only just closing (about 1mm at a guess).
    If there is a next time I will leave more brass on the dart pusher end attached to the plunger.
    There is heaps of clearance for the dart on that end.

I did measured it right (about 20 times) but for some reason it was a little out when i fitted it.
    So now I have to try and adjust the barrel end with only like 2-3mm to play with else the dart won't clear the breach.
    Which is a pain but if i get it right the breach seal should perfect.
    But it seems pretty good, I get a nice pop.

Well it was my first longshot brass breach so not to bad really if i do say so : )

Thank for the input Photo Ninja.
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm

No problems, its good to see people contributing to the forum.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am