Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
Eclipse
Kythras
Dietzie
evozn
littlebro05
lech
Arkham
Winterstrike
Rocafix
JacobYeah
clunk07
ChrisPChips
hideNseek
17 posters

Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!!

hideNseek
    hideNseek

Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Empty Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!!

Post  hideNseek Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:40 pm

MORE BRASS IN!!!

Cost: 1. $24 for the brass roughly cut for you to cut down to size (ie. oversized cuts, no half pipes)
    2. $28 for an unfiled unsanded Brass Breech. (Slight oversize to allow for sanding)
    3. $33 for a completed breech (sanded and filed)
    + a flat p&h cost of $8 with registered post (if necessary).

(Using Paypal will incur a $2 surcharge)

What i am selling is all the brass required to make a Longshot Brass breech, all cut, filed and sanded
    to size and fit. I will also include a small amount of Aluminum sheet that can be used to reinforce the
    boltsled. The brass is not polished which will be necessary before gun use, but i thought it best to
    leave it to the buyer as it will be handled when being put together and re tarnish anyway.

Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Dscf2949l
    Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Dscf2948m
    Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Dscf2950g
    Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Dscf2948m

for orders could you please PM me like so:

Name: "I <3 bb's"
    Address: 75 brass breech St., longshotville, nerfney. 4219
    Method of payment: Bank deposit/ paypal/ at war
    quantity: 6 (:D)

Please be advised, Creating a Brass Breeched Longshot is a difficult thing to do, please be aware
    that I take no responsibility for what happens with the brass once it is glued together and installed
    in a gun. Each of the parts have been accurately cut, and when used in the correct manner (super
    carefully reading a mod guide, and getting it right) there will be no problems. If you have any
    questions about the kits or modifying your guns, please feel free to ask me about it. Remember, its
    easier to ask and then glue than the other way around.

At the moment i have enough brass for 10 brass breech kits, and have 9 left.

People who have entered an order for a kit:

Last edited by hideNseek on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 am; edited 13 times in total
    ChrisPChips
    ChrisPChips

Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Empty Re: Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!!

Post  ChrisPChips Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Pretty interested in getting a kit. I don't have an account on australiannerf though, would it be easier if I went ahead and made one?
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!! Empty Re: Longshot Brass Breech kit for sale - 2nd run ready!!!!!

Post  hideNseek Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Chris, can you read the information on Australian nerf?
    If not ill repost here, but i would reccomend joining Australian nerf anyway as its a great site in the way of organising wars.

Good to hear that you're interested!

-hNs
    ChrisPChips
    ChrisPChips

Post  ChrisPChips Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:12 pm

hideNseek wrote:Chris, can you read the information on Australian nerf?
    If not ill repost here, but i would reccomend joining Australian nerf anyway as its a great site in the way of organising wars.

Good to hear that you're interested!

-hNs

Yeah I read that thread, made an account (and post) over there as well.
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:05 pm

k man you dont have to knock my buisness. I have laid out a large amount of money to get these kits going so i think its only fair to charge for my time and expertise. If it were much lower it would not be worth my time making it...
    The cuts will be all deburred, but the pipe may need a little polishing because i expect some level of oxidation to occour between posting and the finished assembly.

BTW if you're charging $160 for a level 1 LS i'd say that would be a LOT more expensive than someone doing it this way. All they need is a spring, 3 day epoxy, and plunger padding and they're good to go. A fully converted BB LS for around $75...
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I didnt mean to flame, i just dont want people to think that im trying to rip them off... im trying to do a decent service, which i have sunk a fair deal of money into. What i was getting at is that someone themself could do it for $75 with the parts.

Im not sure how you would have it assembled without having the plunger tube itsself, but if you mean just the pipes stuck together, really it will only take people an extra 2 mins to glue it up themselves when they are gluing the brass to the tube...

Apologies if i came across as rude.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, there's no need to carry on about it. There was no malice intended whatsoever. I was just pointing out that my original price of $32 for an assembled brass breech might need an adjustment if I was to ever consider selling breeches again.

But, seeing as you put it out there, I'd be impressed to see you build a BBLS for $75.

Minimum materials are a bit more than a spring, plunger padding, and 3-day epoxy.

How about you try:

Boltsled brackets
    Brass tubing for breech
    Upgrade Spring
    Upgrade o-ring
    Teflon tape
    Silicon grease
    Hot glue
    Brass polish
    Longshot Blaster

Just a quick guesstimate, but that comes to around $120 including postage and handling charges to my door step. So, $40 in labour is pretty good really.

Nonetheless, all I asked for was an answer to a question, which you have provided, so thanks for the information.

And, yeh, could you please refrain from advertising another Nerf forum here. ON and AN do co-operate with advertising wars on both sites, as far as I'm aware.

Cheers,
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 pm

hideNseek wrote:I didnt mean to flame, i just dont want people to think that im trying to rip them off... im trying to do a decent service, which i have sunk a fair deal of money into. What i was getting at is that someone themself could do it for $75 with the parts.

Im not sure how you would have it assembled without having the plunger tube itsself, but if you mean just the pipes stuck together, really it will only take people an extra 2 mins to glue it up themselves when they are gluing the brass to the tube...

Apologies if i came across as rude.

Yeh, no worries at all. The biggest issue I have noticed with other people making breeches (not people selling them, but guys DIY) is that they fail to make sure the dart pusher is centred inside the bolt. If it's not spot-on, you'll have issues with it not sliding over the barrel half-pipe properly. Hence why I would sell my breeches assembled. It just avoids a lot of unhappy customer's.

Cheers,
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Kits are ready guys! Please read first post for all the info!
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Do you have any pics of these kits, I always like to see the thing before thinking about buying it
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

JacobYeah wrote:Do you have any pics of these kits, I always like to see the thing before thinking about buying it

Actually, this is a very good point. I'm adding this to the rule list. No pic, no WTS etc.

Cheers,
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Mk, bit of a strange rule, but i have pics over on Australian nerf (link included on the first post).

I'll get some better ones up eventually, but from what you can see in a picture, they are perfect.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm

hideNseek wrote:Mk, bit of a strange rule, but i have pics over on Australian nerf (link included on the first post).

I'll get some better ones up eventually, but from what you can see in a picture, they are perfect.

Okay, seriously not going to go down this road again with you, as I think what you're doing is quite beneficial for the community. But, I'll give you some friendly advice.

1. Please stop advertising AN on your thread. I have already asked you this once before, and won't be asking a third time. These aren't my rules, but I will enforce them. It takes 1 minute to upload a pic in to a thread - not much longer than adding a link....

2. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but all I could see in your pics were the pieces of brass cut - no assembled breech, no close-up. So, how can you expect anyone to agree with you when saying that they're perfect?

3. As for requiring a picture of home-made componentry - I can't see how that's strange, especially considering that a lot of people selling these types of things haven't made a name for themselves within the NIC or warring community. Even inf0rm3r and KingCam have pic's of their darts, and they're well-known members etc etc.

4. Not really advice, but I'm hoping that this venture works out well for you. There's definitely a market for brass breeches, as I've been approached numerous times over the last 2 months to start selling breeches myself, but I just can't obtain the brass, and I struggle with available time. All the best mate!!

Cheers,
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:50 am

Apologies, i did not read the previous post where you said i could not link to AN...
    Just wondering, what is the issue with that?
    I know that we are totally fine having links back to here, and i don't see why you
    wouldn't want to enable the expansion of the nerf community by cross promotion, but
    this is your site so I'll abide by that.

I'll have some pictures up, I just haven't gotten around to it as of yet. I have
    just spent the last few weeks getting all this done, so i have neglected some of
    my other duties. Pictures will be up soon.
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 am

1 for me. Pm sent
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:10 am

Pictures are now posted. Please note that the brass has not been polished, and
    will therefore look a bit mottled and "scratched". These scratches are hairline
    scratches and would occur though regular gun use, also it really makes no
    difference to the performance of the air seal anyway!

All of the brass has a 99% seal, and can be made to 99.999% though the use of
    silicon lube.

Enjoy guys!
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 am

Please stop advertising AN on your thread. I have already asked you this once before, and won't be asking a third time. These aren't my rules, but I will enforce them

Hey, guess who wrote those rules and gave you your admin position in the first place? Normally I don't come back here, but this blatant attempt at resisting competition to your precious business is obvious as hell. Most of us want the nerf community to grow and a responsible adult selling his wares at a very cheap price to try to help the community is exactly what we need. If it intrudes on your "territory" maybe you need to up your game? Welcome to capitalism. Feel free to lock this thread but I'm sure everyone can just see how petty you've become already.

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 am

Winterstrike,

I haven't sold brass breeches for a long time, nor do I intend to in the future. I'm also in the middle of my final run of brass-breeched longshot's, so there's no conflict of interest here whatsoever. I'm just re-iterating the rules that every member should abide by. And, while we're on the topic of rules, could you please update your profile with an avatar. Thank-you.

Also note my last point:

"4. Not really advice, but I'm hoping that this venture works out well for you. There's definitely a market for brass breeches, as I've been approached numerous times over the last 2 months to start selling breeches myself, but I just can't obtain the brass, and I struggle with available time. All the best mate!!"

Back on-topic - those breeches look really clean mate, and very nice pic's.

Cheers,
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 am

Could you have a assembly tutorial please and is it worth spending the money on? I hate getting ripped off for a cheap product.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 am

1. hNs si providing a Product not a baby sitting service.google how to build one it there.
    2. Clunk while it was great of you to list all the products you need you full well know that you not going to use a full pack of Glue sticks or Teflon tape..there by making it cheaper as you make more, also as modder we would have most of those products already
    lech
    lech

Post  lech Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 am

Here's the instructions Roca. http://modworks.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/nerf-longshot-brass-breech-mod-guide.html

This is definitely not a rip off.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 am

Arkham wrote:1. hNs si providing a Product not a baby sitting service.google how to build one it there.
    2. Clunk while it was great of you to list all the products you need you full well know that you not going to use a full pack of Glue sticks or Teflon tape..there by making it cheaper as you make more, also as modder we would have most of those products already

1.Whilst heavily rail-roading OT, the opening post does state that the OP is happy to answer questions.

2. I was only clarifying that you can't build a BBLS for $75. Even if you already have most of the consumables, it still costs you to use them.

And, Rocafix, take a look at the pic's. You'll see that these are quality breeches.

Cheers,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am

Rocafix wrote:Could you have a assembly tutorial please and is it worth spending the money on? I hate getting ripped off for a cheap product.

Lol are you kidding me mate? You buy the 4 pieces of brass and it will cost you about 40$. You may only use $25 of it. And therefore you aren't getting ripped off. It's just $5 for labour. If you're going to make a comment like that, make sure you know your stuff because alot of people will make you look stupid.
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 am

I'm pretty sure I didn't call this particular product a rip off.
    So read the reply again and don't flame. I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to get ripped off.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:32 pm

I have personally seen one of hns' brass breeches in action, it performs like a monster and the build quality was the best I've ever seen on a bbls.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Rocafix, it reads exactly like you are expecting to get ripped off.
    Winterstrike, don't be beech.
    Anyone else wanting a winge, take it elsewhere, whilst I don't have alot to do these days I don't need to be reading childish crap
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Rocafix, this is a completely standard brass breech. Identical to the one linked above.
    I have replied to you here rather than by PM because i want to make this clear to
    everyone.
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Only 3 BB kits left!

Get in quick if you still want them before all the Australian Nerf guys get them!

hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:34 am

Due to some people not referencing their payments properly and other odd problems i will only be able to send
    2 of the brass breeches today to people who have verified payments.

The two people i have sent them to today are;

Sim Lim
    Timothy Wong

Guys, please make sure you leave a reference on your bank deposits, otherwise i have no idea who you are!
    If you could leave your AN/ON username as a reference it will make things 1000X easier for me!
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:20 pm

All the brass breeches are SOLD!!!

Apologies to those who missed out, but i will hopefully be doing another
    batch in the future!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm

I'll lock this thread now mate.

If/when you do another run, just send me a PM, and we can unlock it, and clean up the thread for you.

Cheers,
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:53 am

Thread unlocked

Cheers,
    hideNseek
    hideNseek

Post  hideNseek Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 am

I have another lot of brass in at the moment.

I should have enough for another 10 for all that are interested.

Pricing has changed a bit so check out the first post again.
    Kythras
    Kythras

Post  Kythras Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Would this kit be able to make the Stampede brass breech described here:

http://modworks.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/nerf-stampede-brass-breech-mod-guide.html
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Kythras wrote:Would this kit be able to make the Stampede brass breech described here:

http://modworks.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/nerf-stampede-brass-breech-mod-guide.html

Not sure if you're asking if HnS could custom fabricate the stampede breech, of if the BBLS kit is adaptable to that particular application.

If it's the latter, then, no. You don't need the 19/32" brass for a Stampede, and the measurements will be different, obviously.

Probably the biggest issues with replicating SgNerf's Stampede breech would be a suitable substitute for the singaplastics conduit, having to use custom-length darts, and modding all of your clips so they'll work with a shortened dart.

In saying that, the custom-length darts aren't anything difficult, assuming you don't intend to use it at wars with dart hire etc.
    Stefan compatible clips is a fairly simple mod. The only problem I could foresee with that is having different clips for different blaster's... but once again, if it isn't for wars, then no big drama really.
    I'm sure importing some of the singaplastics conduit wouldn't be overly difficult either.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:40 am