Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
sniperdude49
killerbunny
TylerMaxwell
Luke
Acerised
clunk07
Unknown
Nitefinder49
12 posters

Is this ok for a stefan?

Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this ok for a stefan?

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 pm

WH1PLA5H wrote:Ok, Feedback, this will probably come off harsher then its meant, i appologise now.

NO, I would not buy them, not even for half the price, for a few reasons

- They are bent
    - They are un even cuts
    - They are un even lengths

Surely its not that hard to cut them all square and to the same length and not bend them all out of shape?

Well it is hard because I don't have a mitre box and the pvc pipe I had planned to cut them in was not wide enough. Most of them are even cuts. And most of them I had to estimate the length.
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 pm

why do you need a mitre box? Thats for cutting timber, cornice and other such things, you don't need that for foam darts.

Also - Don't try to produce a product if you haven't got the proper materials, tools or parts needed to make a good product, you are just not doing yourself jutice. Take pride in your work and it will sow and your customers will appreciate it. I am a Carpenter, and take pride in what I do and it shows, and the customers notice and in the end, its worth the extra time, effort etc taken for a better product.

I understand your young and your making an attempt, good on you but if your taking photos, you need to make sure they ALL look great, just ask yourself would you be happy paying your hard earned money (i know your not asking much, and its not much to me but to a young kid who gets pocket money or works at maccas, its more then the adults on here) for something that doesn;t look as good as you would hope?

Perhaps I am expecting too much? I spent about 2 hours last night filling 200 of my stream line darts with a thick walled paper straw for keeping them straighter (my kids, 3 and 5 year olds, pick up my bullets for me and they are a bit rough).
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Nitefinder49 wrote:Here, take a look.

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00111

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00211

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00310

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00410

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00510

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00611

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00711

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00812

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00910

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 01012

Hope you guys enjoy looking at them... And please give any feedback, good or bad.

If you want to get rid of that stock, sell them at maybe 4-5 dollars + 1-2 postage, because at 12 people can buy stefans off eBay from someone else.
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 Empty RE:Stefan

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:19 pm

TylerMaxwell wrote:
    Nitefinder49 wrote:Here, take a look.

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00111

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00211

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00310

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00410

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00510

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00611

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00711

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00812

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 00910

Is this ok for a stefan? - Page 2 01012

Hope you guys enjoy looking at them... And please give any feedback, good or bad.

If you want to get rid of that stock, sell them at maybe 4-5 dollars + 1-2 postage, because at 12 people can buy stefans off eBay from someone else.

How am I supposed to make money with that? I only make $3 per 50 darts so it's kind of tough to lower the price....
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:20 pm

WH1PLA5H wrote:why do you need a mitre box? Thats for cutting timber, cornice and other such things, you don't need that for foam darts.

Also - Don't try to produce a product if you haven't got the proper materials, tools or parts needed to make a good product, you are just not doing yourself jutice. Take pride in your work and it will sow and your customers will appreciate it. I am a Carpenter, and take pride in what I do and it shows, and the customers notice and in the end, its worth the extra time, effort etc taken for a better product.

I understand your young and your making an attempt, good on you but if your taking photos, you need to make sure they ALL look great, just ask yourself would you be happy paying your hard earned money (i know your not asking much, and its not much to me but to a young kid who gets pocket money or works at maccas, its more then the adults on here) for something that doesn;t look as good as you would hope?

Perhaps I am expecting too much? I spent about 2 hours last night filling 200 of my stream line darts with a thick walled paper straw for keeping them straighter (my kids, 3 and 5 year olds, pick up my bullets for me and they are a bit rough).

Well my justification for putting up the photos of the crap ones is because then I can show what your really getting... Unlike other people I like to show my mistakes.. For example people who see an ad with perfect ads and then get the darts and there's 5 squashed darts... They would be utterly disappointed because of their high expectations...Whereas if I show a photo of my mistakes than they would have low expectations and then when they receive it they will be happy with it.

That is the explanation of why I don't always want to put my best photos on. I am happy for you to argue about this with me so please feel free to.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Nitefinder49 wrote:How am I supposed to make money with that? I only make $3 per 50 darts so it's kind of tough to lower the price....

It will take literally tens of thousands of dollars of startup capital to even come CLOSE to competing with silitips+blue foam darts which pretty much do everything better. However you can still make money at the current price if there are enough encounters between your product and uninformed people. Past that limit and your business has failed.
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Well, I'm not like starting a business (well technically i am) but I just want to make some money for myself and to also make sure there's more competition so lower prices (in the nerf community) (and yes I am aware of other dart making services).
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Nitefinder49 wrote:
    WH1PLA5H wrote:why do you need a mitre box? Thats for cutting timber, cornice and other such things, you don't need that for foam darts.

Well my justification for putting up the photos of the crap ones is because then I can show what your really getting... Unlike other people I like to show my mistakes.. For example people who see an ad with perfect ads and then get the darts and there's 5 squashed darts... They would be utterly disappointed because of their high expectations...Whereas if I show a photo of my mistakes than they would have low expectations and then when they receive it they will be happy with it.

That is the explanation of why I don't always want to put my best photos on. I am happy for you to argue about this with me so please feel free to.

Honestly, you shouldn't be shipping squashed darts, and if they get squashed in the post, change your method of posting, I recieved my Blue Foam Darts from Informer, 100 at 26 dollars I think and not a single one was damaged, every dart was perfect, and when I got home and started testing them, that's when some of the heads would come off, e.g when I was firing at my fence the dart heads would snap off due to the force, that's user error and it's eventually going to happen, I don't want to recieve 50 stefans at 12 dollars and find out 20 of them are bent and un-even length when for double that I could of went with a more trustworthy seller, sorry I sound harsh.
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Well for your information only the minimal amount of them are bent and i have to admit that they are uneven-lengths but does that matter? Most of them are actually even lengths...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm about 5 mins away from locking this thread....

1. your glue dome tips are uneven - people won't buy them
    2. your dart blanks haven't been straightened properly - people won't buy them.
    3. your darts are of inconsistent lengths - people won't buy them.

Seriously, trying to make money off of darts is pretty much impossible. I'm sure that the only reason inf0rm3r profits from his blue foam and tips etc is due to bulk sales. FYI - he still has a full-time day job as well....

Cheers,
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Why lock this thread? I'm not trying to argue. I just want to get people's opinions and respond to them in an appropriate manner.

I guess people have high expectations these days....*sigh* (maybe one day some people will learn that high expectations are not always a good thing)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Why lock the thread? 46 posts thus far, and still no improvement on your dart quality. Threads have been locked before for less. You've asked for feedback, and it's been given. Either take it onboard and fix the quality of your darts, or attempt to sell them on ebay - not on here.

Of course people have high expectations - this entire hobby is about performance!!

Cheers,
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

so how do I fix the quality of the darts. I don't know how to make better domes. Who could I ask to teach me how to do it? Are there any detailed tutorials out there?

Thanks.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm

The only way you'll fix your glue domes is with practice. I tried to make them, failed miserably, and switched to snapcaps....

There's more than just the domes though. That's an easy fix with snapcaps. You really need to find a method to get your blanks cut straight, and at a uniform length. There's heaps of options, but it boils down to what materials you have access to.

Cheers,
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm

like the majority of lifes skills, you will only truely learn how to do something BY DOING IT. reading about it is all well and good, and may also give you a point to start off with but it will not ever make you a professional.

the moral is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE untill you can get to a level where you yourself would be more then happy to buy them if you saw them in a shop.
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Post  Nitefinder49 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Ok, thanks so where can I advertise that I am selling them? In the trading section, in one of the WTS threads?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Yep.

Advertise them in the Trading section.

Thread closed - thank-you.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:02 pm