Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay?

Poll

Yes or no to the grease?

[ 0 ]
    Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Bar_left0%Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Bar_left0%Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    dchil15
    dchil15

Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Empty Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay?

Post  dchil15 Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 am

Here the deal, I have a Alpha trooper that I recently got running again after it spent a considerable amount of time in pieces after I took it apart and f**ked up an AR removal. The plunger on test firing appeared to be moving too slowly and I think it needs more lube so I looked around the house and found a tub of grease. It said on the front that it is Lithium grease with molybdenum disulphide in it. I have looked around and found that moly grease is ok but not recommended and lithium grease is good but nothing about this mix.
    Do you think it would be worth trying in an attempt to coax some more range out of my AT? Anybody going to outright say 'Its gonna wreck your gun don't do it." It gets worse ranges than my AR removed maverick.

ETA: Does anyone know of a suitable spring that can be found in bunnings (century springs another that is available there) that will increase the ranges to past 60ft after some reinforcement?
    Jeo
    Jeo

Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay? Empty Re: Lithium moly grease - Yay or nay?

Post  Jeo Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:47 am

Nothing suitable at bunnings sorry. The tolerances on reverse plunger blasters are very fine when it comes to main springs so you really need to look at one of the aftermarket suppliers.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey Dchil15.

Be careful as some Lube you used to lube your o-rings as some lubes can eat the o-rings.

This is the I lube I use on my o-rings in nerf blasters. 

What you need to look for is water base silicone lube, you might have trouble buy it as you need to be 18 of age to get the good stuff as I get it from sexy land.

From Cameron
    dchil15
    dchil15

Post  dchil15 Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 am

Jeo wrote:Nothing suitable at bunnings sorry. The tolerances on reverse plunger blasters are very fine when it comes to main springs so you really need to look at one of the aftermarket suppliers.

Ok i'll look somewhere else.

KingCam wrote:Hey Dchil15.

Be careful as some Lube you used to lube your o-rings as some lubes can eat the o-rings.

This is the I lube I use on my o-rings in nerf blasters. 

What you need to look for is water base silicone lube, you might have trouble buy it as you need to be 18 of age to get the good stuff as I get it from sexy land.

From Cameron

What ingredients generally make the orings expand?

I am trying some of this stuff out on some pieces of AR and i'm going to see if it eats them or makes them more brittle, if it doesn't i'm going to try and find an unused oring to try it on.
    ETA: It didn't eat the plastic. Now to find a oring.
    Where did i put those wrecked spectres.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am