Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+73
Silent Scope
JWatt7
Swatsonia
Cerbyn
Brunius
seph
ElementGuy
RL
killerbunny
clunk07
SnowDragon
oxymoron
magstriker21
Joey
andtheherois
TheBradl3s
abowden
kingster20
PhantomSambo
mavrick man
Reconzor
Echoes
bbqbeefburgerman
lazzari
plasticapital
bmgillies
Grievance
avocadobride
KingCam
kickmiass
Switchblade
matt.chopper
SuctionCup
HattoriHanzo
Trigga_happy
Psykka
Johnnus
littlebro05
bulletproofvest
phuonguyen
TheDoubleBracket
nerffirefight24
Door_Beatle
zer0metal
ShootEmUp
piggy123:)
gooni
-Aj-
chinnerz
Servulus
xthepivotkidx
Bacara
Frankie27
Vampros
liam_skywalker
Biggles
who
jakster
{Frenzibrenzi}
neumein
Moonsword
Pois0n
AlmostExperts
tysgunner
inf0rm3r
kingkottah
Reaper
Foam Militia
frawft
beigeman
WV17
CobraNerf
77 posters

Mod Ideas Thread

Joey
    Joey

Mod Ideas Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Mod Ideas Thread

Post  Joey Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:11 am

andtheherois wrote:I came up with this idea as i was falling asleep a few nights ago;

A longshot with a barricade undergun. when i woke up i decided to do up some plans for it, and it does appear that it would work.

You mean a 'longstorm'?
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2463-longstorm-cs-mf-a-modular-barricade-longshot-intergration?highlight=longstorm
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Joey wrote:
    andtheherois wrote:I came up with this idea as i was falling asleep a few nights ago;

A longshot with a barricade undergun. when i woke up i decided to do up some plans for it, and it does appear that it would work.

You mean a 'longstorm'?
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2463-longstorm-cs-mf-a-modular-barricade-longshot-intergration?highlight=longstorm

No. It's actually integrated like a front gun or DTG instead of being modular. You should try reading whole posts.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 am

andtheherois wrote:
    Joey wrote:

You mean a 'longstorm'?

No. It's actually integrated like a front gun or DTG instead of being modular. You should try reading whole posts.

Woooaahhhhh so different
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 am

andtheherois wrote:

And you should try researching some more. That modification is OLD NEWS. It was done like 4 years ago... And like Joey said. Woahhhh so different.
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    andtheherois wrote:

And you should try researching some more. That modification is OLD NEWS. It was done like 4 years ago... And like Joey said. Woahhhh so different.

@littlebro

Really? Because i don't remember the Barricade being out in 2006. Well excuse me, but from what I remember of any literature class I've had, the meanings for the words "Direct integration" and "Modular integration" are not the same. But if you're talking about integrating things other than an LSFG into a LS then yes it's not a new Idea. But if you already know of a direct integration of a barricade onto a LS that's 4 years old by all means enlighten me.
    magstriker21

Mod Ideas Thread - Page 4 Empty 4 barreled titan

Post  magstriker21 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 am

hey

i got this great idea but i dont have a titan to make it .... but this is what it would be like

titan with t joint pvc (all of this is pvc) then l joints on both holes on the t joint then t joints on those l joints then more t joints on those l joints then on those l joints some type of barrel on those l joints suitable size for big bad bow arrows

so yeah i plan on doing that aas soon as i get a titan

picture will be up as soon as its done
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:06 am

magstriker21 wrote:hey

i got this great idea but i dont have a titan to make it .... but this is what it would be like

titan with t joint pvc (all of this is pvc) then l joints on both holes on the t joint then t joints on those l joints then more t joints on those l joints then on those l joints some type of barrel on those l joints suitable size for big bad bow arrows

so yeah i plan on doing that aas soon as i get a titan

picture will be up as soon as its done

It's quite impractical, from my following, you'll have 4 BBB arrows shooting each time you pull the trigger. In addition if you don't have all of the barrels plugged, either with an arrow or dart none of the darts/arrow will fire very far. Oh by the way, my reckoning is that it's a massive E shape off the end of the titan.

And.

Strike 2. Please start posting proper posts.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 am

I plan to brass breech my stampede. The obsticle to overcome is not having everything smash to bits due to all the crazy movement when auto firing with a heavy spring.

It's currently hitting 60-65ft flat with 8g stingers and these mods - 16.8V via 4x14500 Trustfires, 13Kg spring, better O ring and all the other normal stuff. I'd like to try and get that up to 80 or 90 ft with inprove accuracy.

I think the only way to get it to work will be to remove the full auto ability and revert to a one trigger pull = 1 shot system to allow enough time for all the internals to come back to full rest and proper allignment.
    I would also be making some changes to the breech to add a lot more stability to the moving parts.

I realise this will completely ruin the epic ROF of a stampede but I have always found it to be useless in wars anyway as it just means you miss half the war while you are constantly reloading.

My only real issue is how to remove the full auto completely to make it impossible to accidently hold the trigger down for too long and get multiple shots and risk damage.

SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 am

I know a couple of guys (including myself) on the HvZC forums were toying with the idea of hoppering a heavily modified jackhammer to fire nerf darts.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:24 am

The semi auto stampede idea is one that I've wanted to have for a while now but I'm not very good with electronics. it is fully achievable to have one trigger pull fire only once with only minor work but like i said I'm crummy at it.

if you were going to that much effort there's nothing stoppping you putting an ammo counter on there too (also easy).
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am

Psykka wrote:The semi auto stampede idea is one that I've wanted to have for a while now but I'm not very good with electronics. it is fully achievable to have one trigger pull fire only once with only minor work but like i said I'm crummy at it.

if you were going to that much effort there's nothing stoppping you putting an ammo counter on there too (also easy).

Finding somewhere to mount the PCB would be a bit of an issue. All the 3 digit counters I've seen have 4 PCB's connected, and take up a fair bit of space. Not an impossible task though

Post  238232 Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Curious, was that four PCBs, or was that one PCB and several switches? Most of the ones I've seen were one PCB with various switches attached (like the one these guys used for their Vulcan), and I can't ever remember coming across one that had more than two boards (one for the smarts and one for the display).

Fairly big difference in terms of options there, you can get momentary switches in many different sizes (a couple of my favourite small ones here and here), while if it's actually 4 PCBs you might be out of luck depending on their complexity.

I agree with you on the amount of space required though. Perhaps it might be possible to have a smaller battery pack (or an external one) and use that space to store the counter?
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:42 pm

If I mounted a switch like this behind the Stampede trigger and rigged it to the motor, would it work to make it semi auto?
    Or am i completely barking up the wrong tree?i
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 pm

SnowDragon wrote:I know a couple of guys (including myself) on the HvZC forums were toying with the idea of hoppering a heavily modified jackhammer to fire nerf darts.

Umm... This sounds epic and deserves to be discussed.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

238232 wrote:Curious, was that four PCBs, or was that one PCB and several switches? Most of the ones I've seen were one PCB with various switches attached (like the one these guys used for their Vulcan), and I can't ever remember coming across one that had more than two boards (one for the smarts and one for the display).

Fairly big difference in terms of options there, you can get momentary switches in many different sizes (a couple of my favourite small ones here and here), while if it's actually 4 PCBs you might be out of luck depending on their complexity.

I agree with you on the amount of space required though. Perhaps it might be possible to have a smaller battery pack (or an external one) and use that space to store the counter?

I tried purchasing similar counter's to the one that the mana guys used, but with no success (makes life difficult when there's no hobby/RC/electronics outlet where I live!!)
    The best I could find was this one from Altronics (note the 4 pcb's in the photo) http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K2505

Worst bit was, the instructions were out of a magazine from 13 years ago, and my electronics level isn't quite up to this yet. It's still possible to use micro-switches with it, but I doubt it would even fit in a Stampede.

Post  238232 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:01 pm

oxymoron wrote:If I mounted a switch like this behind the Stampede trigger and rigged it to the motor, would it work to make it semi auto?
    Or am i completely barking up the wrong tree?i

If you're meaning one of the momentary switches I linked to, I think that's how the stock Stampede works anyway. I haven't looked too closely at the Stampede electronics, only the mechanical side of it but from what I can tell if you install one directly in series with the motor you'd have to hold it down while the motor compresses the spring and fires, then release it before the next cycle starts. That's assuming you don't destroy the switch with the current that the motor draws.

clunk07 wrote:I tried purchasing similar counter's to the one that the mana guys used, but with no success (makes life difficult when there's no hobby/RC/electronics outlet where I live!!)
    The best I could find was this one from Altronics (note the 4 pcb's in the photo) http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K2505

Worst bit was, the instructions were out of a magazine from 13 years ago, and my electronics level isn't quite up to this yet. It's still possible to use micro-switches with it, but I doubt it would even fit in a Stampede.

Hmm... being a modular counter was something I hadn't thought about.

If you're restricting yourself to buying from a physical store I can't really help you, but if you're willing to buy from an Australian website you could probably go for one of the kits here. FK926 should be enough for a Stampede, or if you want the extra digits FK936, which is the same one as what the mana guys used.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:45 am

238232 wrote: Hmm... being a modular counter was something I hadn't thought about.

If you're restricting yourself to buying from a physical store I can't really help you, but if you're willing to buy from an Australian website you could probably go for one of the kits here. FK926 should be enough for a Stampede, or if you want the extra digits FK936, which is the same one as what the mana guys used.

Thanks for the link, I buy the majority of my supplies online, so this has been a great help. It's funny I never found them with google...
    I pretty much get everything from Jaycar or Altronics. As I'm self-learning electronics, they have pretty much all that I need. There's some decent stuff from kitstop, so I'll have to look in to it a bit more.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok so my firefly is gutted and prepped for the addition of an air system.
    Currently I have a super soaker flash flood valve and pump ready and fitting into the shell all im after now is the pvc to build a small tank which fits inside. Any opinions?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 pm

I plan on hammering out the two Double Shot springs in its case and use it for future guns.. has anyone tried this? If so, on which guns.

EDIT:

I sawn off my Longshot, but I decided I wanted a tactical rail in the bottom, so although it looks kinda ugly, here is the result.
    Mod Ideas Thread - Page 4 07032012

There are some issues with the bipod wherein it's not as stable as it should be.
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 am

Intergrating an AT2K into the LS scope. Perfect tactical weapon.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am

I put a Secret Strike in a Recon light - link is in my sig.
    Personally, I think the Secret Strike is the only ideal weapon for integration into a tac-rail attachment.
    Ok, I was proven wrong. An AT2K is quite a good size for an integration.

A mod idea from me:
    An airpowered shotgun still tac rail attachment.
    Basically a Masterkey shotgun, but for Nerf.
    Perhaps a micro Tetra-Strike or something.
    Or maybe the AT2K integration mentioned below, but with a Tripleshot style shooting style.

Last edited by Johnnus on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:40 am

ElementGuy wrote:Intergrating an AT2K into the LS scope. Perfect tactical weapon.

Been done before, click me.

EDIT:
    Oh and back on topic, I have these 50CC plastic syringes that have an automatically awesome seal, thinking of using them as a homemade plunger in an NF shell or some fugly homemade mess, whichever comes first.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 am

2120 wrote:I plan on hammering out the two Double Shot springs in its case and use it for future guns.. has anyone tried this? If so, on which guns.

EDIT:

I sawn off my Longshot, but I decided I wanted a tactical rail in the bottom, so although it looks kinda ugly, here is the result.

There are some issues with the bipod wherein it's not as stable as it should be.

You sir have just farked up a longshot. That is a +1 fail.

Troll.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Visually yes, though I'm more than happy with its performance.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:12 pm

2120 wrote:I plan on hammering out the two Double Shot springs in its case and use it for future guns.. has anyone tried this? If so, on which guns.

EDIT:

Visually it looks fine. However, you probably won't be able to make a brass barrel breech with that longshot. I swear once you get one, you'll never go back.

Although I was never a big fan of Nerf Blasters without their 'barrel extension'.
    seph
    seph

Post  seph Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:30 pm

@2120, What are the ranges?
    Also your bipod is around the wrong way
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 pm

seph wrote:@2120, What are the ranges?

Around 60 feet with stock streamlines. My hot glue gun broke so I haven't been able to make new stefans.

Thanks for pointing that out I've never owned a Stampede so I'm not too sure which one is the "right way"
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:01 pm

2120 wrote:
    seph wrote:@2120, What are the ranges?

Around 60 feet with stock streamlines. My hot glue gun broke so I haven't been able to make new stefans.

Thanks for pointing that out I've never owned a Stampede so I'm not too sure which one is the "right way"

The little nub on the bottom of the tac rail attachment always goes at the front.
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Johnnus wrote:I put a Secret Strike in a Recon light - link is in my sig.
    Personally, I think the Secret Strike is the only ideal weapon for integration into a tac-rail attachment.
    Ok, I was proven wrong. An AT2K is quite a good size for an integration.

A mod idea from me:
    An airpowered shotgun still tac rail attachment.
    Basically a Masterkey shotgun, but for Nerf.
    Perhaps a micro Tetra-Strike or something.
    Or maybe the AT2K integration mentioned below, but with a Tripleshot style shooting style.
    Tac-rail mounted masterkey? Already been done by a guy in WA.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 am

@JWatt7 - You may want to ask an admin to move your post. This thread is for Mod ideas, not Mod tutorials.

Not a bad write-up though. Maybe some pics of your process would make it better.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:58 am

My idea for a bbumb stock

Mod Ideas Thread - Page 4 Stock_10

Red boxes are couplers, green are either t joints or curved joints.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 am

I was just thinking of gluing in the butt of the recon stock into the pump handle.

Also by removing the covers on the top of the gun (connecting it to the snipe blast), that little compartment can store darts in a rudimentary way.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:09 am

My plan is to ghetto on a tac scope onto mine.
    Next mod idea, to be able to put a recon barrel over the original brass for tac rail usage/ less ghetto-ness.
    JWatt7
    JWatt7

Post  JWatt7 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:05 am

Ok so make the Nitefinder clip fed I drew a diagram.

This could possibly work.

Mod Ideas Thread - Page 4 Nitefi10

Cut a slit in the petg barrel like a clip fed barrel for the 4B but put it into a Nitefinder. Springs in clip push each bullet in through flapand then you cock it.
    This may have been done.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:02 am

You'd have to have some kind of mechanism to slide the breech backwards and forwards each time you pull the cocking mechanism back. I've been pondering how to do this, but I haven't got anything yet...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:16 pm