Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+69
monk1junk1
Bailey
Mozart
boosted6
yeahryan
JWatt7
CaptainSurprise
RL
Swatsonia
XvGR1MREAPERvX
pez7
dandaldaks
Saintznerf
abowden
Brunius
clunk07
redcricket077
ElementGuy
Scottie
thatthing
whichgrep
thestick
LostBoy
Eclipse
Sparks
gooni
steadyon
Bacara
FaytZero
youngin'
gamepro383
sillySAM
Ebby
longstrikeguy
SuctionCup
demonskaine
Renmazuo27
mavrick man
H3LLS FLAM3
Sh4rpSh00tr45
Myrmidont
Mohrlock
Forkboy97
Switchblade
TheNed
Psykka
splosionman
matt.chopper
crosmanator
TheThirdSun
who
bulletproofvest
kingkottah
O.W.L
flyjammer
R@w$o 4
Biggles
ShootEmUp
danzer12
THE NERFER KID!
Reaper
liam_skywalker
littlebro05
random guy
melbourneSTORM4eva
Moonsword
Servulus
Pois0n
Atlas8817
73 posters

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar!

Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar!

Post  Psykka Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Burn1
    Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Burn2
    Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Burn3

Oil burn. That's a lot of fun. I'm very lucky there was a tap nearby as the oil was bubbling on my skin.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar!

Post  FaytZero Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:58 am

At the last SA nerf war i broke my elbow
    youngin'
    youngin'

Post  youngin' Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 am

I dislocated my toe when i was riding a scooter down a steep hill and it got stuck in between the brake and the wheel and the wheel just ripped it out.
    I then continued to ride around the street and only when I got back home it hurt.
    Thats what adrenaline can do .
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:45 am

Ok, first was when I almost sliced down to the bone in my finger when making the notching point in a homemade arrow, the blade was sharp and so it didn't hurt... And then i got the stitches in. The next time was when I was out running and tripped in some long, wiry grass, one of the blades lodged itself in my ear and perforated the eardrum, THAT hurt. Thankfully the hole was small and it healed over within a month. None of my friends beleived me at the time... It wasn't until I went to the hospital and got it checked out that they beleived me.
    steadyon
    steadyon

Post  steadyon Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 am

I was at work, on my belly sliding under a truck and dislocated my left shoulder, I had to crawl out 9 metres backwards on my stomach with my left arm dislocated above my head, and when I got out from under the truck it got worse. The head of the humourous ( unsure of spelling ) tried to pop back into the joint and ended up against my breastbone, tearing all the muscles off my ribs, shoulderblade and chest at the same time. THAT hurt. I am now part man part machine, all teflon and titanium in one shoulder.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 am

FaytZero wrote:At the last SA nerf war i broke my elbow

And still to this day it makes me cringe. The worst I've had is not too bad at all really. When i was about 8 I jumped off the fence in the back yard and landed on a broken jar, left a good 5-6cm gash in the bottom of my foot needing stitches ( cant remember how many ).

Then at 10 years old, I slipped on some slime/algae, putting my hands down to brace my fall as one will do, and just happened to me a broken stubby that met with my right hand. Almost lost the usage of my right thumb and ring+pinkie fingers due to nerve damage, again many stitches.

Last one was another cut, this time making spagbollo for tea after TKD one night, knife right throw the upyours finger on the left hand, 4 stitches and 18 months to get all feeling back in the tip of said finger.

Also I have blown out both my knees many times.

Gooni
    Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 am

At seven or eight, mine would have to be splitting an eyebrow open at a swimming pool. Yes, you can SPLIT your eyebrow open.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Empty RE:Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar!

Post  Eclipse Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 am

I stacked my scooter last week, and among other injuries, I was knocked out cold for about 10 minutes!
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:47 am

danerfdude wrote:I stacked my scooter last week, and among other injuries, I was knocked out cold for about 10 minutes!

Dude. This Thread is over 4 months old.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

Dude... it's only two weeks old.

I fell off my bike from trying to get my road bike on to the foot path but there was a crack... and as you know... the crack will own the road bike. I stacked it sliding on my head for about 5 metres.... Fortunately I had my helmet! Moral of the story... remember to wear your helmet!

Also I had a saw neck and grazed my shoulder which was bloody.... funny thing was my shirt wasn't rip... concrete burn?
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 am

littlebro05 wrote:Dude... it's only two weeks old.

I fell off my bike from trying to get my road bike on to the foot path but there was a crack... and as you know... the crack will own the road bike. I stacked it sliding on my head for about 5 metres.... Fortunately I had my helmet! Moral of the story... remember to wear your helmet!

Also I had a saw neck and grazed my shoulder which was bloody.... funny thing was my shirt wasn't rip... concrete burn?

Atlas8817 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:52 am
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 am

danerfdude wrote:I stacked my scooter last week, and among other injuries, I was knocked out cold for about 10 minutes!

LOL.

If I was to recall every time I stacked on my skateboard or BMX, we would be here for ever.

But there is one that comes to mind. I was 15 , going to a friends house I decided to go down one of my fav hills, It was a nice new bitumen all the way to the bottom, or so I thought. Me not having the best sight in the world, I didn't see the patch of road they dug up to replace some pipes or something.

Well for those who don't know about what happens when you hit a smallish rock/stone at high speed on a skateboard, the board stops very suddenly, but the rider continues to travel down the hill.

So I guess you all know what comes next. Ever had that slomo shiz happen when the shit is about to hit the fan(or in this case the gooni hitting the road). Well I managed to get into a tucked position........... Next thing i know I'm wakeing up on my back in the middle of the road, no hat,glasses,skateboard, missing a shoe and a very large amount of skin and blood.

From the amount of super hardcore crazes I figured that I landed left shoulder first , then head and must of cart wheeled for about 10m and in the process skinning both knees,elbows and a large part of both my shoulders to the bone.

After that stack, I thought I was invincible as I broke now bones what so ever and was able walk the rest of the way to my mates house. I could not say the same for my glasses and hat, both beyond repair to my and my dads horror ( he did not care about the loss of the hat, lolz)

I was dubbed the almighty scabby one after that, and still get called it sometimes to this day

OUCH

littlebro05 wrote: funny thing was my shirt wasn't rip... concrete burn?

Has happened to me that many I can no longer recall them all.

Last edited by gooni on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 am

Being slapped in the face 5times in arow by girls.
    Tripped Over and hit my head on concrete.
    Playing Rugby and getting tackled, did a flip and landed on my head.
    Punching a punching bag, and it hits my back in the face.

I know its not much. But still.

EDIT: I have had alot more minor injurys.
    thestick
    thestick

Post  thestick Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 am

I was separating 2 scallops that were frozen together one day while I was working in a Coles deli. I was using a 9inch knife that was like 7mm wide (think stiletto). The knife slipped and went THROUGH my palm. No lasting damage, thankfully.
    whichgrep

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Empty Worst Injury in Your Life..................Ever!

Post  whichgrep Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 pm

I was riding pillion on a motorbike, on a gravel road, and came off.

While wearing T-shirt and shorts.

Lost the skin off my back, from neck to bum, back of both arms, back of both hands.

My "mate" took off for home, and I had to walk 10km through the bush to get help.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:03 pm

LostBoy wrote:

Are you silly? The latest post was in the 30th of November. Therefore renewing it. If the thread is this continuous it is fine.
    thatthing

Post  thatthing Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 pm

My worst injury is when i fell over in a mini maze garden and an 2 inch stick went into my leg.
    plus recently a hockey stick to the head gave me concussion for two weeks.
    Scottie
    Scottie

Post  Scottie Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I think the worst thing I've done recently is falling off my skateboard, rolling forwards, head first into the ground, ending up with blood pouring down my knee and a concussion (that's why I should start wearing a helmet) and yet still managing to get home and too my room without my mum realising I was in pain.

I got the same finger broken and dislocated (within a month of each other) when one of my friends kicked me in the hand, straight on the finger.

I broke two fingers on my left hand trying to do leapfrog over a pine pole when I was in year 5.

I rolled my ankle really bad playing netball and had to use crutches for a week.

I got a disease in my knee (Osgood Schlatters) and I wasn't allowed to play sport for 6 months And I love my sports...

Oh, and just throwing this in, but, I have no cartilage (somehow) in my nose, so it can go flat onto my face, it can't break, and I can make it make the most epic and yet scary (to be coming from a nose) cracking sound

But yeah. Generally, I have injuries from skateboarding, cricket or some other form of sport

Oh, and currently, I have some torn ligament/cartilage or something in my elbow that is taking forever to heal up, and it kills to throw anything with that arm. Believe it or not, it happened when someone slapped me playing basketball. That's right, a slap...

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:05 pm

went ice skating for an excursion today and stacked it. I think I did a flip and landed on my face. Grazed my elbow. As for more painful injuries playing my guitar until fingers bleed is very painful. Also stacked my bike and flew over the front and hit a tree. Oh yeah, I got hit by a bus. Almost.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:

Are you silly? The latest post was in the 30th of November. Therefore renewing it. If the thread is this continuous it is fine.

Sorry mate, i didnt know.
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 am

sigged
    sillySAM
    sillySAM

Post  sillySAM Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 am

My worst injury would probably be when I fractured my right collar bone BMXing. When we got the
    x-ray's half the collar bone was about 1cm apart from the otherpart. GEEZUZ
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:36 am

I broke my arm trying to moonwalk in a shopping centre 6 years ago. Man that wasn't cool. Polished tiles aren't cool...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Worst Injury in Your Life..................Evar! - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst Injury in Your Life.............Evar!

Post  clunk07 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Broken lower mandible in 2 places, resulting in separation and a 2 inch gap between my molar and wisdom tooth. Fractured cheek bone, and eye socket. 3 fractured ribs, and a hair-line crack on my sternum. 2 dislocated fingers and numerous patches of skin missing from my back. All sustained in one awesome 80 minute game of rugby. At least there was no concussion
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 am

This isnt my worst injury, but it's still funny.

I was in the shopping centre. I was with my friends, so i moonwalked instead of walking normally. Then i triped over and landed on my butt, and all my friends just laughed at me :(.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 am

I cut my face open on a log, back in grade two. Man that was painful. I was off school for a week while my mouth healed - I've still got the scar to prove it, too.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

a few rusty nails through the feet, split my chin, broke both bones in my right forearm(displaced) wow some people have had pretty bad injuries...

Does getting a tick to the head and going delirious count?(I was bashing my head)

They were ready to perform brain surgery, before my mother pointed out the swollen tick on my head.

yep, that could have ended badly.
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

I just cracked a vertebrate in my neck.
    Saintznerf
    Saintznerf

Post  Saintznerf Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:56 am

Broke my hand playing handball, not my worst injury though.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:15 pm

I GOT TURNED INTO A NEWT!
    but I got better.
    pez7
    pez7

Post  pez7 Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:05 pm

I broke my nose when I was 2.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 am

Never broken a bone.
    Just cuts and scrapes, as well as being kicked in the balls a few times.
    I used to get sick a lot.
    Never gotten a stomach bug besides once when I was 4 or 5.
    I have had sore muscles but never tore any.

And that's about it.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:18 am

Fractured hand, nail through the sole of my foot, numerous scratches and grazes etc.

I also got slapped by a pigeon once.

Last edited by Swatsonia on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am

I got stitches in my chin.. when I was very young. Today it's one of the reasons I have spotty facial hair growth.
    CaptainSurprise
    CaptainSurprise

Post  CaptainSurprise Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am

Wow, for me, numerous injuries due to gymnastics.

Ripped my achilles, that was pretty bad.
    Tore my hammy, broke my wrist and I've almost killed myself too many times to count.
    I have chronic pain, especially in my back and according to the docs, I have the joints of a 30 year old.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:56 am