Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
nerffirefight24
phuonguyen
Winterstrike
TheBradl3s
8 posters

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP)

TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Empty How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP)

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 am

Note: the part I forgot to take a picture of is the tank itself, I had cut the whole thread off and the bit after that, be careful when you do this as you don't want to cut the little orange thingy in the middle, otherwise it wont work, anyway hope this helps some people Now lets get onto the Write-up shall we?

PLEASE READ THE WRITE-UP THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS MODIFICATION. IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE YOUR BLASTER MAY BE DAMAGED. I will not be held responsible for you breaking your blaster during modification. Modify at your own risk!

What you need:

A Titan (durr)
    The Orange rocket barrel attachment
    The Red Barrel Lock that's attached to the Tank (you will see in pictures)
    Dremel/Hacksaw
    File
    20mm Conduit
    20mm Conduit Coupler
    Off-cut from a 15mm PVC Coupler or T Join (you will see where its needed)
    E-Tape
    Hot Glue and Gun
    4 Small Nuts and Flat Head Bolts (just find ones to fit, I don't have the exact size as I just used what I had)

OK lets get started.

First you need to get this part (The Red Barrel Lock)

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2185z

and make a mark where all the 4 screws are and cut out an area around them so you can take this whole thing off easily. I used some small cutters and a Dremel to do this.

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2187x How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2189b

Now get your nuts and bolts (lol :P) and a drill bit to fit the bolts or your Dremel, and drill through both the Barrel lock and the Barrel, but do both at the same time and do your bet to keep the all lines up so you get the best result. Some of mine were not fully lined up so i used my Dremel with a drill bit attachment and made the hole a little larger. and then bolt them together. NOTE: it is important that you use flat head bolts and have them bolted from the top (Like the picture) otherwise they will interfere with the tank)

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2192m How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2193i

Now that that part is done we will move on to adding in the coupler. Grab your conduit and cut it down to size. (I don't have the exact measurement, but you will want enough for the coupler to be almost flush with the top and bottom. (for the bottom, depending on how you cut your tank, leave around 1-2mm between the tank and the conduit and PVC so it can all sit flush)

The Grab your Piece of 15mm PVC off cut and add a small amount of e-tape to the conduit so the PVC sits snugly over it. and then make sure it all fits nicely inside the titan barrel.

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2195kc How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2196k

(In the second Picture you can see the holes for the bolts as well).

Now grab your conduit coupler and make sure it sits about flush with the end of the barrel and then take it out and wrap e-tape around it so it will sit snugly inside the barrel. This will also center it.

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2200s How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2199b

(In The Second picture I ended up cleaning the barrel up a bit more and adding more E-Tape)

Now grab your hot glue gun and fire it up. Once its warmed up, fill in the gap between the E-Tape and the Coupler.

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2201y

you may want to clean up any excess hot glue so it doesn't cause drag on your rockets. and so it just looks better.

Now put your titan back together and your Done!

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2203o How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2204f How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2205v

Note: you titan internals will look different to mine, i am just putting this here as a reference.

Hooray! Now your titan can shoot Stefans and Rockets!

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2206lHow to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Img2207n

Have Fun!

-Brad

Winterstrike

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Empty Re: How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP)

Post  Winterstrike Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:08 am

Thumbs up to this. Very nice.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Empty Re: How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP)

Post  phuonguyen Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:19 am

Mine's a bit more harder to do, I reckon, cause you've got to dremel out the threaded connector piece, as well as the coupler itself. That's pretty hard to keep the distance equal all around the edge of both pieces. Both methods will work equally well, I just didn't like reaching too far in front to reload my titan.

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Snapsh12

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Snapsh13

PS. I know I've got a horrible (very distincive) watch tan. Refereeing does that to you.

Last edited by phuonguyen on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 am

when i first couplered my titan, I tried that, but it was never straight, so i gave up on that idea, but if it worked for you, then your lucky
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

Great write up, I did the same as Phuonguyen and a 16mm coupler and it still works with the rockets.
    -Adam-
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 am

How to coupler a titan and still use Rockets (Mainly for FFP) Dsc01011

I have yet another technique. The original write up has no pictures so I asked -AJ- to show me how. Can take a barrel nested in 15mm PVC or a mega missile.

Biggles
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:08 pm

I've instructed both Chad and Mark how to do this magical titan mod, but original credit goes 100% to Tidge, he showed me when I was but a wee young nub to the nerf thing.

Aj
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket

Post  TheDoubleBracket Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Do Mega Missile rockets count as rockets for FFP? The awesome thing about them is that they can be fired from HEP20 LEAP, just slide them right over. (Though they never go that far).
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 pm

we've kinda said it a million times. no. no they dont. TITAN ROCKETS ONLY

Aj
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket

Post  TheDoubleBracket Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:38 pm

A pity, really, because Mega Missiles are $8.00... and come with two rockets. That's cheaper than buying Titan replacement rockets in itself, plus you get a gun.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 pm

I know. but perhaps, just maybe, it was done for another reason rather than just to make everyone's lives difficult.

Seriously it's titan rockets only for a very good reason; they suck. You can carry more buzzbee missiles and they go further, the guns you can shoot them out of are less cumbersome etc unbalancing an already slightly overpowered class

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:14 pm

This is a good mod and all But there seems like there is WAY too much deadspace for the barrel. I'm sure it doesn't affect the ranges too badly but, just saying.

Write up is awesome though :D. We need more of these on the forums. It's becoming too distracted with silly topics and stuff that the forums have forgotten abuot the ethics of modding :D.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm