Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
cr0_b0y
SuctionCup
Smeghead
7 posters

Nerf Reflex IX1

Smeghead
    Smeghead

Nerf Reflex IX1 Empty Nerf Reflex IX1

Post  Smeghead Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:58 am

Just got it for $5.60 at the target sale, comes packaged with three red tip whistler darts.

Out of the box, it looks laughably small, but it does pack a bit of punch, firing red tipped whistlers, it has an effective range(Range without arcing) of somewhat 4.5 metres and a full range of around 8-9 metres. Firing black tipped whistlers, it gets 5 metres effectively, and a full range of about the same.

It has a nice, crisp trigger pull, and strong catch, I haven't had a look but judging by the design of the gun, it appears to direct plungered, which would explain its good range. It also has one tactical rail on the cocking slide, though it's not all that practical.

Usage and storage tips:
    - Use black tipped whistlers for the best range, stock, it cannot fire streamlines
    - Great side-arm for those of you who prefer to have a magazine fed nerf gun as a primary, it's small and doesn't get in your way

- When storing, it's ok to leave a dart in it
    - (No-brainer) Never leave it cocked, you'll wear down the spring

No mods so far, but I'll have a looksie to see what can be done.

Update: Nope, it's reverse plungered :L
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Nerf Reflex IX1 Empty Re: Nerf Reflex IX1

Post  SuctionCup Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 am

I was just about to do a review about this!

And yep, its a reverse plunger, or an "inverted plunger". And yes, this gun works quite well.
    I do not recommend modding it, because its reverse-plungered.
    I taped up the hole on mine, and it shot slower. When I removed it, the velocity increased. Any ideas why this happened?
    Smeghead
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 am

What do you mean by shot slower? I did an AR removal, it'll last me enough
    cr0_b0y

Post  cr0_b0y Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:04 am

Its a $6 blaster who cares if it breaks.

You probably put too much tape on the hole.
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 am

SuctionCup wrote: I was just about to do a review about this!

And yep, its a reverse plunger, or an "inverted plunger". And yes, this gun works quite well.
    I taped up the hole on mine, and it shot slower. When I removed it, the velocity increased. Any ideas why this happened?
    Why not mod it? A basic AR removal doubles the ranges. I removed it yesterday and it kicks absolute arse!
    All you need to do it put a screwdriver through the AR with a hammer and soon enough the AR will fall out. Simple, and the most effective mod you can do on the thing.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:53 am

Ok, well, I might do that. Does the AR removal increase velocity? Or decrease it? I'd rather have a gun that shooted diddly-squat ranges, but shoots them fast, then one that shoots a million metres, but incredibly slowly.
    So does it shoot faster or slower?
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 am

SuctionCup wrote:Ok, well, I might do that. Does the AR removal increase velocity? Or decrease it? I'd rather have a gun that shooted diddly-squat ranges, but shoots them fast, then one that shoots a million metres, but incredibly slowly.
    So does it shoot faster or slower?
    It shoots very fast and very far. I made a 25m shot. Well, heavily angled though. I'd recommend padding it when you do it too, I haven't yet and it makes the most almighty crack when fired. Single shot pistols are always greatly affected by an AR removal.
    That said, if you're using damaged darts, they go everywhere.

Last edited by TheTrueMcMuffin on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 am

Yeah, the Reflex/Eliminator sure punches above its weight. I've pimped mine with a piece of 17/32 brass, some plunger padding, and a couple coils off another spring, and she packs a wallop, thats for sure. Is good for 50ft flat, easy.
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 am

I'm keen on using it as my primary in a Nerf War, just to see how far I can get without dying
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 am

I don't think very far

Still, it's an interesting weapon, I'll give it that. Although I certainly prefer the Scout over it for the simple fact that the Scout is more fun to play with and has a proper grip.

TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

SnowDragon wrote:I don't think very far

Still, it's an interesting weapon, I'll give it that. Although I certainly prefer the Scout over it for the simple fact that the Scout is more fun to play with and has a proper grip.

You're right, I did play with a Scout at the recent WA war. I did like it, one of the only Nerf pistols that actually feels like a pistol. BUT it costs heaps, as the only way to get it here is with the Titan and Hornet for $89. Or eBay for $40 minimum :/ And the fact that it isn't in a N-strike colour scheme. Haha. I'm not keen on the red for some reason.
    Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 am

TheTrueMcMuffin wrote:
    SnowDragon wrote:I don't think very far

You're right, I did play with a Scout at the recent WA war. I did like it, one of the only Nerf pistols that actually feels like a pistol. BUT it costs heaps, as the only way to get it here is with the Titan and Hornet for $89. Or eBay for $40 minimum :/ And the fact that it isn't in a N-strike colour scheme. Haha. I'm not keen on the red for some reason.

89? I got mine for 70. It definitely is good value, as for the titan set, the hornet goes for 30-40 dollars, the scout about 15, and the titan around 50. But yeah. I really want the scout. I know I shouldn't, considering the nitefinder, but the design is so good. It should be, considering that nerf sells on cool factor. But with the reflex, I'd say its a good back up weapon. If you buy the eliminator set, its good for a party with a younger crowd at a party, and by yourself, you can go pirate style, and just pull out another one when you've fired its round.
    Smeghead
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 am

Sparks wrote:
    If you buy the eliminator set, its good for a party with a younger crowd at a party, and by yourself, you can go pirate style, and just pull out another one when you've fired its round.
    Ahh yes, the New York reload, I believe you can reload and prime just as fast as you can pull out another one, save the NYR for Mavericks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:06 pm