Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Crappy LSFG not so useless after all.

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Crappy LSFG not so useless after all. Empty Crappy LSFG not so useless after all.

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 am

Before you throw away that crappy LSFG, there are a number of posts and guides from various forums that can put it into good use.

Crappy LSFG not so useless after all. Useful10

As you can see, I took the main barrel out from LSFG and transferred it into Recon barrel. The original inner barrel of Recon barrel is glued to a circular yellow bracket to hold it secured. I tried soaking it in a boiling water in the hope of softening the glue but it didn't work. So had to resort to my Dremel to cut the orange barrel off both sides of the yellow bracket. Then I used the Dremel to sand the inside of the bracket before I could remove the remaining orange barrel glued inside the bracket. Transferred this yellow bracket to the LSFG main barrel. I also noted the exit of the Recon barrel is slightly narrower, so the longer LSFG main barrel cannot extend out. Again with the trusty Dremel I sand the exit to widen it so LSFG main barrel can fit through.

With the cut two pieces of original Recon inner barrel, using Dremel to cut and shape both ends of the two pieces, and hot glue them to the Recon stock. What it does is it keeps the stock more rigid and less likely to flex.

I cut two tiny pieces of plastic sticking out on one end of the LSFG pistol grip with Dremel. Then sanded the bottom of AT's pump grip to make it flatter so the top of the LSFG pistol grip can glue to better surface. Aligned both the bottom of AT's pump grip and top of LSFG pistol grip as accurately as possible (otherwise the screws won't go into their respective holes). Glued them with 3-day epoxy glue. Updated: Tested the AT again yesterday and the LSFG pistol grip snapped off. Guessed the 3-day epoxy glue wasn't even strong enough to handle the stress. Fail. So had to retry by sanding off the glue, drilled a hole on each half of contact surfaces, put in a screw, as well as reapplied the epoxy glue again. Will test it again later this week once the glue is set. Updated 2: Battle-tested my AT in recent Sydney Nerf War, the LSFG pistol grip is glued with hot glue + 2 screws. It did not come off during the entire war. Success.

As for the remaining LSFG, it will be integrated into my Longshot main gun in the near future. Updated 2: LSFG integrated in my second Longshot, with pump handle connected to the priming bar. Painted in Alien Pulse Rifle colour scheme. Picture in the Picture thread.

Last edited by Akimbo Assassin on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:13 am; edited 3 times in total
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Crappy LSFG not so useless after all. Empty Re: Crappy LSFG not so useless after all.

Post  dandaldaks Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:30 am

Loving the Alpha Trooper Eddie!
    LoOkS AwEsOmE
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Crappy LSFG not so useless after all. Empty Re: Crappy LSFG not so useless after all.

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am

You can also use many of the small springs in the LSFG as stronger catch springs in other guns. I use one of them in my Longshot
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 am

RE: AT - Essentially, you've made a raider with a vertical mag well.I'm wondering whether the handle of the LSFG will interfere with a long clip/drum when using it in the AT. It seems like the handle juts out far enough to potentially be in the way of a clip, preventing the priming of the blaster.

RE: Recon - unless it's just for display purposes, the ranges on a recon, which is already pretty poor has been reduced by that longer faux barrel. Oh well.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:31 am

phuonguyen wrote:RE: AT - Essentially, you've made a raider with a vertical mag well.I'm wondering whether the handle of the LSFG will interfere with a long clip/drum when using it in the AT. It seems like the handle juts out far enough to potentially be in the way of a clip, preventing the priming of the blaster.

Good observation Phuo, I didn't test that when I glued the grip to the AT. So went tested it just now and all is well. There is a 1.5cm gape between the grip and the drum mag (either 18-dart or 35-dart). Obviously the drum protruding to left side does get in the way of your left hand (unless you prime with your right hand, then all is well). Not too bad with the 18-dart drum mag, but does get awkward with teh 35-dart drum mag due to its bigger drum.

phuonguyen wrote:RE: Recon - unless it's just for display purposes, the ranges on a recon, which is already pretty poor has been reduced by that longer faux barrel. Oh well.

That is correct. My Recon is pretty piss weak in performance in the first place, that barrel extension is more for display purposes. If you really want best performance out of the Recon, you would not attach the front barrel in the first place.

Thanks all for your comments.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:24 pm