Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
redcricket077
Benjiman
bulletproofvest
boosted6
Mozart
oxymoron
Echoes
clunk07
12 posters

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy)

melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy)

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Good to see you using K26's. And try having to prime an NF with a FULL K26. Great ranges though. Good work Clunk.

-James
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy)

Post  clunk07 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 pm

melbnerf619 wrote:Good to see you using K26's. And try having to prime an NF with a FULL K26. Great ranges though. Good work Clunk.

-James

Yeh mate, thanks for the springs. It's worked out quite well, though I did need to cut about 1/3 off it for the spring to fit in the plunger tube.

I'll definitely have to get some more in the future.

Cheers,
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Thats awesome ranges mate, well done.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am

Nice ranges Clunk, if it damages your muscles they will tear mine
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:00 pm

redcricket077 wrote:Nice ranges Clunk, if it damages your muscles they will tear mine

Yeh, it's more of a recurring injury from years ago, but it's been majorly aggravated by this. Still, I'm quite happy with the ranges with just the K26 spring. Seeing as I have two unit's, I'll probably leave one with just the K26, and have the other with stock and K26 - just for shits n giggles!!

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 am

So with the K26 spring, did you cut it down to fit the plunger tube perfectly (ie spring length matching the plunger length)?

For my Nite Finder I had to cut it (my K26) down so that it would measure the same length when it is compressed as the stock spring when it is compressed. In your opinion would it make a difference and what length would you recommend to cut it at? (My Pas is coming in the mail soon and I'm just gathering some information before I all out destroy the poor thing)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:47 am

tanand wrote:So with the K26 spring, did you cut it down to fit the plunger tube perfectly (ie spring length matching the plunger length)?

For my Nite Finder I had to cut it (my K26) down so that it would measure the same length when it is compressed as the stock spring when it is compressed. In your opinion would it make a difference and what length would you recommend to cut it at? (My Pas is coming in the mail soon and I'm just gathering some information before I all out destroy the poor thing)

You'll need to cut the K26 down to size. As for length, it's pretty simple to work out yourself, I can't remember exactly how much I cut off, but I did have to cut it twice, as my first estimated length was a bit long.

You will definitely need to reinforce the crap out of it.
    But, tbh, the range increase over stock PAS spring with stock Longstrike as opposed to K26 spring really isn't worth the effort, imo. The choice is yours though.

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 am

Oh really? If that's the case I might just throw in my spare Longstrike spring with it instead of the the K26. This way I'll save on a fairly difficult spring to acquire
    Was the difference in range between the two combinations not that large?

Also, would you recommend a third spring or would just the 2 be plenty?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:29 am

Well, I got around 35-40 feet extra range (flat) with the K26 spring + stock spring, as opposed to the stock PAS spring + stock Longstrike spring.

I know it's a big range increase, but the reinforcements needed really don't measure up to it being a feasible option imo.

Oxymoron's 13kg spring apparently works quite well in the PAS, but I haven't tried it yet, and I would assume it would need the extra reinforcements same as a K26.

I'm a fairly big guy, and the ROF decreases significantly with the K26 spring - it is rather difficult to prime, and I think you'd destroy your arms if you used it at a war.

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Ah man,I'm starting to wonder if I SHOULD use it now, I'll have to see how it goes I guess.

I'll most likely just throw in the k26 just for the fun of it to do a few test shots, then fall back on the stock pas + longstrike spring combination, as I'm planning to do an internal RSCB clip that I saw on Nerf Haven (need to find a way for it to have a spring pusher as well to keep it as airtight as the thing will let it)

One last thing on springs though, have you ever tried the V2 Longshot springs from Black tactical? If so how do the stock Pas spring and the V2 spring measure up against each other? And would that be a wise combination at all?

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm

tanand wrote:Ah man,I'm starting to wonder if I SHOULD use it now, I'll have to see how it goes I guess.

I'll most likely just throw in the k26 just for the fun of it to do a few test shots, then fall back on the stock pas + longstrike spring combination, as I'm planning to do an internal RSCB clip that I saw on Nerf Haven (need to find a way for it to have a spring pusher as well to keep it as airtight as the thing will let it)

One last thing on springs though, have you ever tried the V2 Longshot springs from Black tactical? If so how do the stock Pas spring and the V2 spring measure up against each other? And would that be a wise combination at all?

At the end of the day, it's up to you. I only wanted a mid-range blaster out of my PAS, hence why I'm happy with 100 feet or so. I'd prefer the ROF of a LShot over the PAS for long-range.

As mentioned, it's fairly hard to constantly prime the PAS with the K26 - with or without the stock PAS spring. (I'm 31, and use the gym most days of the week...)

There's no comparison between the BTV2 and PAS stock spring. It's like comparing apples and motorbikes. Once you've opened up the PAS, you'll understand.

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Alright thanks for that, now just to wait on my gun and only time will tell.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Reinforcements to the PAS to accommodate the K26 spring (cut-down of course):

Beefed-up trigger spring, e-putty to trigger and trigger catch:

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Imag0110

e-putty to priming bar and plunger rod catch:

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Imag0111

Reinforced plunger rod. Two strips of an aluminium arrow shaft cut to size, and more e-putty:

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Imag0115

And, even more e-putty around the plunger head:

CWC - PAS Mod tutorial (Picture Heavy) - Page 2 Imag0116

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:51 am