Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
sniperdude49
frostythesnowman
Bacara
Nooft1187
slender
clunk07
10 posters

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Empty OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS

Post  clunk07 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

Okay guys and girls, thought I'd give Littlebro a hand with getting this competition off the ground, seeing as he's fairly busy at the moment. I'd just like to point out that this is his comp, and all enquiries should be directed to him.

So after a much successful springer competition with many unique and interesting entries. I'm now opening up for discussion for Air Blaster Modifications for Oznerf's Comp Round 3.

This thread is for Entries only - All discussion to be directed here:

http://www.oznerf.com/t4326-oz-nerf-modification-competition-round-3-air-blaster-mods-discussion-thread

What will I be looking for in your submissions (this will be outlined when I open up the submission thread).

1. Practicality - RoF, Ammo Capacity, Length, Mobility, Difficulty.
    2. Why does your air blaster triumph over others? Let's face it, most air blasters are the same. They're designed to shoot far. So write a small summary on why your blaster is better than the average joe. I'm looking for out of the ordinary. Try to be convincing with your summary.
    3. Aesthetics - You might have the most powerful air blaster in the world, but it's ugly mofo, it isn't very appealing.
    4. Integration - So you can chuck say a spring powered blaster and say - hey this is my backup weapon.
    5. Video (optional) - You might be more convincing if you have a video.
    6. A quick guide on how you made it - You must include at least three pictures. 1. This will include the internals. 2 One step of your build process (so in piece basically). 3 The finish product. As you know, alot of people are buying commissions air blasters these days, so I'm not going to accept any entries that are bought through commission. If you don't have this, then your submission will be ignored.

So if you're able fill out these criteria, then you're up in the running. I will be opening submissions on the 7th of February, 2012.

What will the prizes be? I'm not sure yet. At this point...

1. 100 Heavy Silicone Tips - Hey, air blasters need accuracy as well. Why not dominate the field with 100 Darts that shoot more straighter than you're average streamline.
    2. 20mm Conduit RSCB Set Up - Just because it seems like a running theme now. Barrel material will be 16mm conduit.
    3. Air Tank Internals - For your next integration (Air Tank Unspecified for now).

I will be accept only ONE entry per person.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Empty Re: OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS

Post  clunk07 Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Time to kick this baby off:

CWC Clip-fed Titan with Barricade secondary

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_0218

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_0211

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_0212

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_0214

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_1516

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_1517

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Dsc_1515

Titan Mod's:

Clip-accepting breech using Raider magwell, and Recon barrel attachment.
    2ft long barrel with faux suppressor - petg nested inside 20mm conduit.
    Summit ball pump replacement - 2 x pumps to fill Titan tank.
    After-market pressure gauge.
    Added Tactical rail to main body, and mounted Centre Point Red/Green dot fixed scope.tt
    Cut-down buttstock, removed main pump, and secured to body.

Ranges:

465ft Angled
    247ft Flat

Using custom-weighted pink foam sili-tips (approx 2.5g dart weight)

Barricade Mod's:

2 x 14500 li-ion battery upgrade.
    Clicky-switch for flywheel motor on/off
    E-taped flywheels to enable using stingers.
    Laser dot addition.

Build log for Titan:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3772-cwc-clip-fed-titan?highlight=titan

Build log for Barricade:

http://www.oznerf.com/t2735-cwc-nerf-barricade-momentary-action-switch-9v-and-laser-dot-modification

Cheers,
    slender
    slender

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Empty Re: OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS

Post  slender Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm

The Bumtron

I thought i would make a vortex more practical to use. This is very easy to use at wars, 8 pumps to fill the tank.

Mods
    BBumb tank inside Nitron shell
    Magstrike pump
    Internal RSCB (holds 8 darts)
    9/16 brass barrel

Ranges
    180 flat
    220+ angled

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Img_0712
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Img_0713
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:53 pm

I'd like to enter this http://www.oznerf.com/t3996-choppered-big-salvo
    It's my Big Salvo. 4 shot semi auto or 1 big welt leaving boom. clip holds 8 shots and I will be doing a pump replacement as soon as I find something reasonable out here in the boonies.
    thanks.
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:31 am

Call me a hipster, but high-range air-blasters are too mainstream, so that's why I did this:
    Compressor-Magstrike, Doesn't shoot far, but its still an airblaster when all said and done. Why is it better? Simple; extreme RoF and suppressing ability! Total parts cost for the blaster was roughly $75, not too bad for something with such a high RoF.

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Photo037

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Pb200010

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Pb200013

Ranges are at the 40 feet mark with heavy sili-tips

The mods for this aren't really extensive; simple air-compressor addition/replacement and slightly expanded bladder.
    Also worth mentioning is that I have 10 clips for this thing now, meaning I have 100 rounds of high-RoF fire-power at my disposal.

Full writeup here
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:10 am

OK so here is my entry,

the ScatterBumb
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS P1010665eiw

with the scatter blast being a water gun that doesn't build up air pressure to blast the water i had to integrate an air tank into it, and what better air tank then a Bbumb?

this is the internals of the blaster just not set up inside the blaster, and the primary stage of my home-made wye so i could get it to feed properly.
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Snc00310w

the blaster also doesn't come with a trigger on the handle, which is quite a problem to overcome as the stock handle is so comfortable compared to any other handle you could graft onto it. I ended up taking the trigger out of a LSFG and slicing up the stock handle to fit it in and work smoothly with. after that its just a simple matter of linking it to the firing pin on the tank.

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS P1010668j

now all the important parts are in the gun it looks like this. (i have since placed some PVC behind the pump to stop it sliding back into the blaster. and reinforced with epoxy putty.)

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS P1010667k

having the dart holder in the wye not glued in means i can change it for whatever size i want. i usually have 6 dart capacity one though. it takes from 5-10 pumps but its only as long as it takes you to pump between shots. and i have not actually range tested it yet as i still need to fix a couple of kinks in the trigger. (it shoots rather hard though).

size comparison to last mod
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS P1010666ja
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 am

My clip fed bbumb:
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Hni_0010

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Hni_0011

holds any clips and has a mini expanded tank.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am

... Just thought I'd try my luck.

An on and off project. About 80 percent there.

Features:

BBUMB with Magstrike bladder and tire tube to increase PSI, Raleigh double action bike pump with integrated pressure gauge, aquarium check valve, 3/8th inch vinyl tubing and an adjustable air pressure regulator/restrictor.

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imagetqu

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imageaza

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imagelril

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imageyixs

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imagetlc

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS Imagecff

When it's working properly, I get 6 or 7 good semi-auto shots at 40 PSI. When I open up the retrictor valve I get 6 shots, full auto.
    I've added 2 sleeves of rubber tubing from a bike tire tube to increase the PSI but I'm currently battling with tiny leaks.

An interesting note, no OPRV is necessary since the bladder actually works as the OPRV. No matter how much I fill the bladder (within reason so it won't pop) the PSI remains constant.

*Currently operating at 45 PSI. I'm trying to get to 55 PSI so it can hit over 100'. It's currently only hitting 80ish'.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 pm

The Deplo-bumb! Universal purpose for FFP; sharpie with long barrel; solider and medic with RSCB and jugg with arrows attachment.

I tried to keep as much deploy as possible. It uses a 65cm 16mm UPVC barrel and has a schwinn bike pump, it can take up to 24 pumps. Cosmetics, a half black half white stock; white side has a bunch of writing on it, mainly just the words 'Rape' and 'Cannon'
    [img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0226.jpg[/img]

Internals
    [img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0227.jpg[/img]

Tank in construction
    [img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0228.jpg [/img]

Ranges TBC.

(If someone wants to fix the pic's go ahead, I ceebs with this system)
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

My Tornado Strike thing.

Easy to use, High ROF (2 pumps, shot etc)

Ranges are 80 ft flat, 105 angled.

I just love it, small, and it has a stock to make it an easy primary.

Not too bad looking, clean aesthetically.

I mean, 6-7 shots in the same amount of seconds... Who doesn't love that?
    https://oznerf.forumotion.com/t4862-ss-tornado-strike-with-titan-tank
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Guess I better add my Mortar Strike then before someone copies it and does the same - Yes i was part of the original design, I DIDNT steal the idea.

Linky to Build Thread

Behold I present the Mortar Strike - Or perhaps a new name i was thinking "WHITE STRIKE"

Ranges: over 120ft FLAT with SilTips, 160ft FLAT perhaps with heavier.
    Accuracy: Can hit a human sized target at 100ft 7/10 times (wind and dart variations) - I havent been able to test accuracy any further then that yet!
    PAIN: I WHOLE 'NOTHER LEVEL!
    RoF: Takes about 3 Seconds between Rounds sent down rage (5 pumps), Less if you want to shoot it faster put range goes >100ft (3 pumps)
    Capacity: 35round Drum Mag + 2x 6 Clips held on rear stock for emergencies
    VIDEO: Pending a War Saturday 28th for EPIC action with a few of these shooting.

Come on, How Epic is this??? It's a Brass Breached, Clip Fed, AirTank, STOCK EXTERNAL SHELL, removable Muzzle (with brassed extra) Longstrike Mortar Pistol integration!!!

OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS 2012-07-18125808
    OzNerf Modification Competition - Round 3: ENTRIES ONLY DO NOT DISCUSS 2012-07-18134000-1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:33 pm