Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
DEATHGUYJ
clunk07
Akimbo Assassin
stoph
camo1010
9 posters

LS front Grip

camo1010
    camo1010

LS front Grip Empty LS front Grip

Post  camo1010 Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

Hey guys,

After being bored for a while today, I decided the LS needed something more. At first I was going to raid the raider for the primer hand piece, but after remembering that I had the old shell from the LSFG that I blew up (they don't like big springs). So I dis-membered the hand piece and prepped the LS for surgery and started cutting.

When I finished cutting the bits out to have the handle sitting flush, I used the hack saw to roughen the surface up and prepped it for the awesome loctite 454 to go on. Remembering of course to not stick both sides together, I ran a bead on either side of the shell joint.

The hand piece:
    [img]LS front Grip Img_0710[/img]

The cut-out where the hand piece will go:
    [img]LS front Grip Img_0711[/img]

The finished product:
    [img]LS front Grip Img_0810[/img]

I'm going to epoxy the handpiece on as well for more strength.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers guys
    stoph
    stoph

LS front Grip Empty Re: LS front Grip

Post  stoph Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Looks nice and clean, but at the risk of being a wet blanket, you're rarely going to need to use the foregrip, as your hands are busy priming and pulling the trigger. It'd be a lot of back and forth for little gain. I can only see this sort of mod being of real practical use when running a linkage back through the shell, making it pump-action primed.

Sorry, don't mean to be a tool about it, but you did ask for thoughts
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:42 am

I was going to put the raider's primer and rail on there but it seemed like too much work. I'm left handed and trigger wih my left hand so it I find it quite practical. After all the trigger isn't any good if it's not loaded.

Don't worry stoph I'm not upset about your comments. I did ask for it... (sobs un-controllably) lol
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 am

I wouldn't dismiss the foregrip as useless though. I am a right hander, I tend to shift my right hand between priming and pulling the trigger, while my left hand permanently holding the foregrip to stabilise the gun. Unless I am using my LS with foregrip which also primes as well, my left hand only just holds the gun.

Remember one thing though, if you are putting in stronger spring, make sure your LSFG foregrip is attached strongly to the LS gun. In fact I may even add in a few screws to reinforce the attachment on top of just epoxy glue.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:26 am

The foregrip doesn't take any pressure. When I reload, all of the force is put into my shoulder. my right hand stays on the front grip.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:30 am

camo1010 wrote:The foregrip doesn't take any pressure. When I reload, all of the force is put into my shoulder. my right hand stays on the front grip.

That's true your shoulder will take most force when you pull the priming bar backward, howevere there is still some force when you push it forward. The screws are just there for extra reinforcement.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:47 am

There doesn't seem to be much force at all when pushing the bolt forward. I think that epoxy should be enough to hold it.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 am

Sounds like I'm the only righty that uses my left hand to prime a LShot....

Anyway, foregrip looks good mate. Definitely unique.

Cheers,
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:33 am

^ I'm a lefty that uses right hand to prime.. Struck me as odd that someone primes AND triggers with their preferred hand, wouldn't that have a negative effect on ROF? Not a criticism, to each their own
    DEATHGUYJ
    DEATHGUYJ

Post  DEATHGUYJ Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:45 am

very nice and clean mod man i recently made my long shot an internal pump action and i used the lsfg grip and joined it to the to the priming handle of the lsfg hopefully mine will look as good as yours oneday
    LS front Grip Sdc10214
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

clunk07 wrote:Sounds like I'm the only righty that uses my left hand to prime a LShot....

Count me in on this.

Not too fond of this mod as I don't fancy dual handle guns (even raider). Just seems a little awkward aesthetically to me but it is a good job none the less.

I rock the shotgun grip with my main LS.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I've always used the trigger hand to load and trigger. I grew up on a farm and it was always safety first. If your loading a gun with the trigger hand, then your finger won't be on the trigger. So I have always worked like that. I wanted to go shot gun reload but it's to complicated for my liking.

Every person has their preferences though
    DarkSiinz
    DarkSiinz

Post  DarkSiinz Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 am

I have actually done a similar thing. Except I put the grip where the magazines are usually fed. Considering I turned the longshot into a hand dart fed sniper. I found it rather useful, as i can still have room for a maverick integration. But yeah, your's does look rather clean and neat. And I'm a lefty as well, I can see this being rather practical Loving the paint job along with it.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 am

I like the grip. You can give clunk07 the rep points for the paint job.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Gotta +1 using the same hand for cycling the action and trigger pull. My front hand just keeps the gun pushed back into my shoulder, *almost* still on target, while the back hand does all the work. Playing a fair bit of FPS too it just feels wrong working a bolt with left hand.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm

camo1010 wrote:I've always used the trigger hand to load and trigger. I grew up on a farm and it was always safety first. If your loading a gun with the trigger hand, then your finger won't be on the trigger. So I have always worked like that. I wanted to go shot gun reload but it's to complicated for my liking.

Every person has their preferences though

Ever used a pump-action shotgun?? haha
    I shot SSAA and Big Bore for a number of years, and even if you wanted to, it's damn near impossible to cycle a bolt-action with your left hand (if you're a righty).

But, yeh, horses for courses.

Cheers,
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 pm

I love my Xplorer pump action priming handle for my LS, looks fierce and works well.
    Though I am a Lefty, I fire right handed, primarily because I'm right eye dominant and secondly, because most of the rifles I have used were not lefty compliant. Side effect being that it is easier to prime and reload any given firearm.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Most guns I have used are suited for lefty's. My uncle has a stash of guns that he has collected over the years since returning from Vietnam. He was a scout sniper (lefty) and he tought me all the tricks.

But everyone has a preferred method and if it works then that's all that counts really

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Kaine wrote:I love my Xplorer pump action priming handle for my LS, looks fierce and works well.
    Though I am a Lefty, I fire right handed, primarily because I'm right eye dominant and secondly, because most of the rifles I have used were not lefty compliant. Side effect being that it is easier to prime and reload any given firearm.

"Side-effect of shooting a RH rifle as a lefty - hot shell casings down your shirt!!"

Cheers,
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    Kaine wrote:I love my Xplorer pump action priming handle for my LS, looks fierce and works well.

"Side-effect of shooting a RH rifle as a lefty - hot shell casings down your shirt!!"

Cheers,

I've been lucky to have customised, left handed rifles around when I was growing up. Dad was tight and wanted to keep the casings to reload them and I was rambo and didn't have time to catch them lol.

When I was doing cadets at school we went out shooting with the austyers, mine was set up for a right hander.... I still have burn scars down my shirt but when its from firing an assault rifle at full auto... totally worth it
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 pm

clunk07 wrote:

Cheers,

Yeah, set my chest hairs on fire more than once. Me learn fast me does....

camo1010 wrote:When I was doing cadets at school we went out shooting with the austyers, mine was set up for a right hander.... I still have burn scars down my shirt but when its from firing an assault rifle at full auto... totally worth it
    I like the F88, but the genuine Steyr is significantly better, if you ever get the chance try one out do yourself a favour and do it.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:37 am

I've heard they are pretty good. Trying to get one to use is the difficult bit
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 am

camo1010 wrote:I've heard they are pretty good. Trying to get one to use is the difficult bit

Holiday in America for a month or so, join the NRA, spout a bunch of Redneck gibberish, play with guns.
    Good way to play with stuff that are otherwise considered effectively illegal.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 am

Na I'll pass. If you go to them parts for too long you start getting strange feeling towards family members...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:26 pm