Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

NF Rifle Aussie Style

Generous
    Generous

NF Rifle Aussie Style Empty NF Rifle Aussie Style

Post  Generous Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 am

This is my first write up so constructive criticism is welcome. Okay so today, I shall be showing you how to make my NF Rifle Mark 2!

Here is a photo of what I'm talking about:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120513184650

What you shall need:
    1 Nite Finder
    1 foot worth of 10mm acrylic rod
    Teflon Tape
    1 coupler of your choice (I used 16mm)
    4 screws
    20cm worth of k26
    20cm worth of Aquarium Vacuum Tube (OD is the same as a normal Nite Finder)
    5cm worth of 20mm Copper or Conduit (I used Copper simply because it's shiny)
    Hot Glue
    Epoxy Putty (Or if you're like me, pink acrylic)
    Grease of some sort to lube the plunger tube (or whatever else that works well as lubricant)
    Electrical Tape
    Standard Nerf modding tools

Alrighty, lets get started!

Firstly obviously is to take apart your Nitefinder and gut it. Also remember to not lose any of the screws or any of these small pieces here:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120512131411

Once the shell is gutted put the two halves together and cut off the front part where the barrel usually goes so it looks like this:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120512193637

Now, I don't have standard Nerf Modding tools (yea I know..) so I used this drill bit here to widen the hole in front of my Nitefinder. Lucky for my this drill bit was exactly the same size as the Aquarium Vacuum tube so I just had to put the drill bit through the hole and I was finished. Any who, once you're done your Nitefinder should look something like this:

NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120512200627

NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120512193657

I don't actually know what that drill bit is called so if someone can help me out that would be awesome!

Now put the shell to one side. Get the Nitefinder plunger head and rap some Teflon tape under the O-ring. Once that is done screw the Nitefinder plunger head onto one side of the acrylic rod. Make sure the plunger head is tight and secure. Once that is done measure 8cm from the plunger head and mark it so you can cut a small notch for the catch to work. You should end up with something like this:
    Note to self: In the picture the catch notch is too shallow so I had to deepen it a little bit.
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120512205738

Once that is done, get your Nitefinder plunger and measure 2.5cm from the handle. Cut it and epoxy putty it into the 5cm piece of 20mm conduit (or Copper). You should end up with something that looks like this:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120513165224

Once that is done. Grab the 10mm acrylic rod and epoxy putty it into the 5cm of 20mm conduit (or copper) as well. Once it's finished curing screw in two screws so it gives the hand extra strength, like this:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120513165232

Now take of the plunger head and place the catch and the spring onto your BRAND NEW plunger rod. Then re-screw the plunger head back on. Obviously the catch spring will have to be replaced, now if you're cheap and stingy like me, and don't really care for the "laser" on the Nitefinder. You can get a really nice catch spring from the battery cap! Here's what I'm talking about:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120513165343

All you have to do is grab some needle nose pliers and slowly twist it off.

Now onto the plunger tube. I forgot to take pictures when I made the plunger tube so bear with me:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 73058648

Basically what you do is stick in some conduit into the coupler of your choice, and mark and cut off as much as needed for the E-tape to perfectly wrap around. Then wrap the E-tape around the the piece of conduit so it fits snugly into the Aquarium Vacuum tube. Once the conduit can fit into the Aquarium Vacuum tube, drill in a hole so a screw can be placed through the Aquarium Vacuum tube, the electrical tape and the conduit. The screw should be long enough so it goes through both sides. Once the screw is through hot glue the edges so it's more airtight, then wrap some E-tape around so it hides the screw. This ensures that whilst in use the screw can't harm anyone. If any of this is unclear just message me or something and I can explain it to you.

Once your NEW plunger tube is complete, lube it up with some grease! This should always be done if you take apart the blaster. Place the plunger rod into the plunger tube, then place the whole assembly into the Nitefinder shell and hot glue it down. It should end up something like this:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style 20120513170823
    Note to self: Be generous (hehehe Generous) with the hot glue so it's stable.

Once the hot glue has cooled and set place the two parts that I mentioned earlier back and put the shell back together. And there you have it! Your very own NF Rifle. The barrel is up to you, because I'm using 16mm coupler, the barrel I'm using is 20cm worth of 16mm conduit. That's all too it really. Hope you enjoy!

If anyone was wondering what my Mark 1 NF Rifle looked like it looks like this:
    NF Rifle Aussie Style Megun

Enjoy!
    Acerised
    Acerised

NF Rifle Aussie Style Empty Re: NF Rifle Aussie Style

Post  Acerised Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

Great job mate!

What are the ranges?
    Generous
    Generous

NF Rifle Aussie Style Empty Re: NF Rifle Aussie Style

Post  Generous Mon May 14, 2012 12:20 pm