Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
redcricket077
ElementGuy
Servulus
NachoTaco
RL
Darth Lai
LittleTwigs
11 posters

Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts

LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts Empty Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts

Post  LittleTwigs Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 am

Hi guys, I just wanted to bring your attentions to a style of dart that seems to be the standard in taiwan for their JSPB games. I only recently found out about these whilst lurking around nerfhaven, and they seem to be effective based off the members' tests. So I decided to try to make some myself, except from stock nerf darts, as I have no access to foam materials other than stock darts.

(If the images are broken, I apologise, as I'm new to this)

So this will be the product:
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 015pl.th

Materials:
    -Foam; stock, blue or fbr
    -E-tape, or something alike
    -wire; i use copper wire, but it's up to you

Start by cutting a dart at a desired length. Here's a streamline dart (that has its tip breaking off) next to a set-square. I'll be cutting it at around 2 inches (about 5 cm)
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 003xjo.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 004plw.th
    You'll need the excess foam that you've cut off to fill in the hole of the dart, so don't throw it away.

Take your excess foam, and cut out a small piece that you can fold and push into the hole of the dart.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 005tm.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 006tw.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 007fk.th
    Have it flush with the top.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 008tg.th
    Now you need a weight. Take your wire and cut it to size. The length of the wire is entirely optional, and you should cut it to suit your blasters. Obviously, the longer the wire, the heavier the weight. I cut my wire the same length of the hypotenuse of the set-square shown above.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 009jyt.th
    Now take your wire, and pierce the dart through to the other side. This will make the next step easier, and prevent the foam in the middle from flying out.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 010xs.th
    Begin to wind the wire down the dart TIGHTLY. The last thing you want is for the wire to expose itself when leaving the barrel of your blaster.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 011fnt.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 012mdj.th
    Once complete, you can snip the wire protuding out the side off.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 013kuf.th
    Then wrap the wire with E-tape TIGHTLY. The tape shouldn't touch the walls of your barrel when you use the dart, otherwise it'll only create friction.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 014yft.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 015pl.th
    It works flawlessly in my 16mm conduit. The darts fly straight, and get ranges comparible to hotglue tips. They are easily consistent in preformance compared to hotglue tips, and don't NEARLY sting as much as hotglue tips. Personally, I believe these are a nice alternative to slugs, and I'm sure using a different kind of foam wouldn't be to hard.
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 016nc.th
    Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts 017yvr.th
    Happy nerfing
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai

Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts Empty Re: Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts

Post  Darth Lai Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am

Very nice and well explained, good job! Always good to have more options.
    RL
    RL

Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts Empty Re: Different style of Darts, Taiwan (3DBBQ) Style darts

Post  RL Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for bringing this stuff over here. I saw these in Nerfhaven, and yeah there was some positive reviews about it as well.

Some of them suggested putting different types of wiring to balance out the weight.

With FBR, there would be no need for filling in the hole in the dart, and that is more ideal.
    LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Post  LittleTwigs Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am

Yeh, I agree on the use of fbr, as it would be much easier. You can really use any wire, as long as it isn't exposed to which point is has the potential to harm someone. And for darts that have the hole, it's pretty much a must to pierce the wire through, which means a smaller/thinner wire would be better.
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

-edit-
    One thing I should add, since you're placing the E-tape on the dart so that it is pressing in, you're reducing the amount of friction between the dart and the barrel, so ideally you'd have a longer dart
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:16 pm

I like the idea of these, espescially if they are comparable to hot glue domed darts. Cause getting shot with a hot glue dart from a BBBB isn't fun lol.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Personally i like the idea of shooting with a dart that causes pain... actually the more the better, toughens kids up too!
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I agree with serv, it gives people pleasure to know that their weapon inflicts pain on people. It's the way you assert dominance in the oznerf community.
    LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Post  LittleTwigs Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But I myself actually believe that we are mainly operate as long as companies like Hasbro does. If the media sees that people seem to enjoy inflicting pain, even a little, then a positive image isn't really created. The media in the US has talked about the modification of nerf blasters, I believe, and knowing the media, they'll just twist our words and create a bad image of hobby that can really be harmless.
    In short, I don't want anything bad to happen to our hobby.
    Sorry about the rant, and I'm not hating on your comments, just expressing my opinion.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Well there's less cheating in a War when you can feel the darts sting a bit.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:02 pm

LittleTwigs wrote:Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But I myself actually believe that we are mainly operate as long as companies like Hasbro does. If the media sees that people seem to enjoy inflicting pain, even a little, then a positive image isn't really created. The media in the US has talked about the modification of nerf blasters, I believe, and knowing the media, they'll just twist our words and create a bad image of hobby that can really be harmless.
    In short, I don't want anything bad to happen to our hobby.
    Sorry about the rant, and I'm not hating on your comments, just expressing my opinion.

Thanks because the media are assholes! Well, majority anyway.

- Brad
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm

ElementGuy wrote:I agree with serv, it gives people pleasure to know that their weapon inflicts pain on people. It's the way you assert dominance in the oznerf community.

LOL dominance in the oznerf community. That made me laugh.

I don't know about you guys, but I like to mix up my darts. I have about as much Nerf-designated darts as I do blue foam darts/stefans/etc. And yes, some kids probably don't get the idea of political correctness, but I like to call them 'blasters' in front of other people, or 'nerf', and they 'shoot foam', deliberately ignoring the fact it's foam with heavy silicone tips
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:25 pm

First up, these are really cool. I thought it was going to be stupid, but they sound like they work well. May even make a few.

Second, darts do need to be felt. Not 4B at two feet kind of felt, but you need to feel a sting at least, so you know you've been hit. Especially being all excited, running around, all that.

2120 Is also on it, I just emailed customs today about some blaster imports and was sure that I called them blasters and that they shoot foam, also that we use them for sport. Because essentially, I have a Titan tank here that with the right darts, could easily be used for hunting. It's easily powerful enough to kill birds, not sure about possums or anything.

Around here I don't mind calling them guns really, but to outsiders, I guess, word carefully.

Cody
    LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Post  LittleTwigs Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:31 pm

I can see that you'll need to feel the sting in a nerf war, but I personally am not really into the wars, but rather just trying to push the blasters to their limits with what I have on hand, so it is up to you if you want to use these darts or not, but considering that I only fire my blasters indoors, I find that these are more ideal. (And that my friends can be pure a-holes sometimes)
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Troll gooni is trolling.

If it is a safety issue you are trying to point out here, there is a few things I have to add.

Although I myself don't mind getting hit my any "safe" dart, I can see how some people might call some darts safer than others.

I've seen comments about hotglue+sinker darts, the "it's not fun" one comes to mind. Think about this, hotglue, snapcap, and even heavy sili tips will hurt. They all have a relatively hard surface that has little or no give at all.

Adding any metal, be it sinker,wire or anything else people choose to use. There always be some one that will question the method. There are pro's and con's will all darts.

Hot glue + sinkers can have issues of the glue cracking exposing the sinker, snapcap can have cracking issues as well.

Felt+washer tips can tear exposing the washer, and the darts that are the topic of this thread could have the wire exposed after prolonged usage.

Even a stock streamline, if fired out of something with power at close range could cause injury.

Gooni.

RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey while you're at it, wind can injure individuals by knocking them down on the footpath.

Perhaps we should've added the term perception of safety.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 pm

it's always good to have a broad range of darts for different people but my question is why is it called 3DBBQ?
    also, I wouldn't recommend this dart because of the bad aerodynamics since the tip is flat.
    LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Post  LittleTwigs Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 am

3DBBQ is a nerfer over at taiwan who seemingly designed these darts. I don't know to much about the aerodynamics, but if it flys straight, then I'm fine with it. But I am curious, as Slugs have flat tips aswell, but seem to preform great. (not based off experience)
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 am

Interesting point LT, also very interesting name.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 am

LittleTwigs wrote:3DBBQ is a nerfer over at taiwan who seemingly designed these darts. I don't know to much about the aerodynamics, but if it flys straight, then I'm fine with it. But I am curious, as Slugs have flat tips aswell, but seem to preform great. (not based off experience)

Its because slugs suck. There isn't enough weight in them. Same with this idea. Informers silli tips are still Superior for safety and then if your not obsessed width safety, go for hot glue and 00's

- Brad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:11 pm