Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
Quinnbo
JeremyArifin
6 posters

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy*

JeremyArifin
    JeremyArifin

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Empty How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy*

Post  JeremyArifin Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 am

Super-Dome stefan making 101! Jezza Style!

In this tutorial, I will be teaching you guys how to make my AWESOME stefans!

What you will need:

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Img2185a
    How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Img2187hd

- Foam (1/2 inch in diameter / 13mm...It's beter to use the dense and good quality stuff, not cauk saver / FBR, but you can if you want to. You can also use Inform3rs blue foam)
    - Stanley / Utility Knife
    - Dart guide / Mitre box (Made of some aluminium I found around the house...mine is made to make 1.5" blanks)
    - Weights (Fishing weights/BB's/Slingshot weights etc.)
    - Hot glue sticks
    - Low temp hot glue gun
    - Pillow-Case
    - Hair dryer*
    *If you have a clothes dryer, you can use that

Now...How to make them!

Step 1:
    Get your Dart guide / Mitre box, feed the foam through it and using a utility knife, cut it to your desired length

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=545&filename=img2189r

Keep doing this until you have your desired amount or you run out of foam

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=801&filename=img2190as

Step 2:
    Put your foam blanks into the pillow case

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=834&filename=img2192b

Step 3:
    Alternative #1:

Put the nozzle of the hair dryer into the pillow case and TURN THAT BABY ON! I like to heat it in 30 second bursts, and check it every time I stop to see whether they are straight...If you leave it on for 10 minutes non stop, you will melt the dart and your hair dryer might Over heat...If yours has settings like mine,make the setting on 'warm' not 'hot'
    If it is too hot, it will melt and crinkle the dart up, and we don't want that yo happen!

Alternative #2:

Cover/seal the pillowcase (With your blanks in it) with a rubber band / Bull clips / Clothes pegs etc. And throw them into the dryer on medium for around 10 - 15 minutes, or until they are straight.

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=194&filename=img2195kb

Step 4:

Take out your nicely straightened blanks

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=803&filename=img2196z

And burn a hole at the top of each one, you want this hole Just big enough for you weight to drop in flush with the top of the foam.

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=163&filename=img2197y

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=7&filename=img2198as

Step 5:

Drop/Place your weight into the hole that you burned.
    Some people like to put a dot of hot glue in the hole before putting the weght in. This is just to make sure that the weight does not fall out...you can do this, for it will give you a lower chance of your dart head falling out

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=18&filename=img2199y

Step 5: The hard part

Time to make the DOME!

First, you squirt some hot glue onto the blank with the weight in it...You want it to be slightly pouring over

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=69&filename=img2200f

Now once it slightly starts to pour over, quickly tip it upside down...make sure that when the hot glue is pouring over, it does not make contact with the body of the dart.

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=26&filename=img2201e

Now repeat these 2 'steps', but this time not so extreme...When you tip it the right way round, make sure it makes a nice dome before tipping it upside down again...then keep doing this until you see that the glue is nearly cooled down...

OR..you can tip it upside down until you make a nice dome, then quickly put the glue dome in Ice cold water for around 3 - 4 seconds...

And Finally...the FINISHED PRODUCT!

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=23&filename=img2205ku

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Scaled.php?server=15&filename=img2203hr

And remember everyone, you may not get it perfect the first time,but keep trying and practising, and once you do get them perfect, It will all be worth it...

(I have no Idea why or how, but the first time I made stefans, they were all perfect domes like these!)

This is my first write up! Please tell me what you think!

Also a special thanks to MakeItGo (MIG)...I learnt almost all of this from him...

Last edited by JeremyArifin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Quinnbo
    Quinnbo

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Empty Re: How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy*

Post  Quinnbo Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 am

Nice write-up man, good job on your first!
    Where did you get that sweet foam from? I must get some for my backyard wars (for slugs

Thanks
    ~Quinnbo
    JeremyArifin
    JeremyArifin

How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy* Empty Re: How to make my 'SUPER DOME' Stefans! *Picture heavy*

Post  JeremyArifin Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 am

That foam is from the First time Informer started selling foam...I will be selling stefans in around 3 months or so...I'll see whether I can spare you some...but If I do...it most likely won't be much...The white foam...I have no Idea. I bought all that foam from 'Frankie27' sale...I also bought his modified 4B...

Thanks, Jezza.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm

I've just logged in for the first time in ages to say that these are some of the best domes I've seen. You've even re-inspired me to make a new batch of domes.

Good job!
    JeremyArifin
    JeremyArifin

Post  JeremyArifin Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Unknown wrote:I've just logged in for the first time in ages to say that these are some of the best domes I've seen. You've even re-inspired me to make a new batch of domes.

Good job!

Thanks!
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 am

Great Work mate!
    JeremyArifin
    JeremyArifin

Post  JeremyArifin Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 am

Acerised wrote:Great Work mate!

Thanks!
    Lt. Jourdi la Forge

Post  Lt. Jourdi la Forge Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm normally so lazy that i use stock darts, but this is so easy that I think i will make some!
    demolitionist
    demolitionist

Post  demolitionist Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Great tutorial!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:26 am