Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+70
Rabster
ShadowSniper
clem0x
Voloman5
Spartan
LegionOfShadows
cfb_rolley
dafinsrule
MrFletchr
Zamjr86
boothy
camo1010
redcricket077
gooni
vielle
Photo Ninja
Luke
Ironcrow92
mister_elliott
Mozart
oxymoron
Unknown
Brunius
clunk07
LostBoy
Nerf_Guy_Matt
boosted6
Swatsonia
Johnnus
SydneyNerfer
Servulus
mattman280
PhantomSambo
Hamish
SuctionCup
matt.chopper
Psykka
Door_Beatle
thenews4nerf
nerfhammerer
mr. phoam
mentalmatt
bulletproofvest
THE NERFER KID!
Joey
MoTHic
demonskaine
phuonguyen
FieldHockey
pwn noobs
GreenCore
liam_skywalker
cmd
Obsidianmike
007NERF
BlackOps
nerffirefight24
beigeman
Sargent Herpes
Foam Militia
Roger Explosion
inf0rm3r
Biggles
kingkottah
littlebro05
blakefield
Chaos-Blades
NightCabbage
melbourneSTORM4eva
icebreaka
74 posters

The Big List of Nerf War Ideas

Brunius

The Big List of Nerf War Ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big List of Nerf War Ideas

Post  Brunius Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:
    Nerf_Guy_Matt wrote:What about this. i call it 'Data Steal'.
    There are 2 TEAMS: The Data Stealers (10)
    US defenders (10)
    NEEDED: a usb/empty disk
    a laptop/ computer with a usb port.(laptop recommended)
    OBJECTIVE: Data stealers has 10 minutes to steal the data from the laptop then take it back to their base.The data is hidden on the computer but is under the file name of 'US Profiles'. The defending team must stop the data stealers from taking the data to their base. The defenders cannot go into the area/room(if you are using a building or fort) but can guard it outside/nearby. If shot must go to your teams assigned respawn point and count to 15. After the round swap over. To show that the data team won in the end, the usb will be put into the laptop/ computer to check that the data is in there.

Tell me what you think.

Laptop - broken = lolololol.

build one out of some spray paint, and an old pizza box!!! lol

You can't copy data to and from an old pizza box...
    Unknown
    Unknown

The Big List of Nerf War Ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big List of Nerf War Ideas

Post  Unknown Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Pffft...

Said who?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Brunius wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:
    Nerf_Guy_Matt wrote:What about this. i call it 'Data Steal'.
    There are 2 TEAMS: The Data Stealers (10)
    US defenders (10)
    NEEDED: a usb/empty disk
    a laptop/ computer with a usb port.(laptop recommended)
    OBJECTIVE: Data stealers has 10 minutes to steal the data from the laptop then take it back to their base.The data is hidden on the computer but is under the file name of 'US Profiles'. The defending team must stop the data stealers from taking the data to their base. The defenders cannot go into the area/room(if you are using a building or fort) but can guard it outside/nearby. If shot must go to your teams assigned respawn point and count to 15. After the round swap over. To show that the data team won in the end, the usb will be put into the laptop/ computer to check that the data is in there.

Tell me what you think.

Laptop - broken = lolololol.

build one out of some spray paint, and an old pizza box!!! lol

You can't copy data to and from an old pizza box...

Young padawan, you still have much to learn!!! Wait until you move out of home - it is then you will discover the versatility and usefulness of old pizza boxes!!
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue May 03, 2011 2:37 pm

I'd like to have a war using the new Dart Tag League rules. Some pretty cool ideas in there I reckon. Obviously get rid of the stock blasters only one though.

http://www.nerf2011.com.sg/nerf2011/tournament.asp
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue May 03, 2011 3:12 pm

It would be cool to have an urban sniper type of game. I think there's some sort of ban on that word or something, I'm not sure. If you tell me, I'll edit it.

Anyway, have two teams of five with high powered blasters. Singled Titans, maybe 4Bs, other 100'+ blasters. Set up two forts 80' away, no moving, you stick to your post. No ammo limit, one hit and you're out. First to get the other team out.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm

oxymoron wrote:I'd like to have a war using the new Dart Tag League rules. Some pretty cool ideas in there I reckon. Obviously get rid of the stock blasters only one though.

Looks good Oxy, possiblity of the stock blaster scenario for the little kiddies as well!!
    Nerf_Guy_Matt
    Nerf_Guy_Matt

Post  Nerf_Guy_Matt Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 am

well maybe the pizza box idea isnt bad. So instead you get the laptop(pizza box) and bring it back to the base
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 am

oxymoron wrote:I'd like to have a war using the new Dart Tag League rules. Some pretty cool ideas in there I reckon. Obviously get rid of the stock blasters only one though.

I'm hoping if you hst these - We can use previous dart tag blasters too! Magstrikes would be interesting - (i.e. n-strike ones unfortunately, however they were part of the DT series ages ago). Furyfires and Stormfires! :).

Nerf_Guy_Matt wrote:well maybe the pizza box idea isnt bad. So instead you get the laptop(pizza box) and bring it back to the base

That is what you call the game - Infiltration
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed May 04, 2011 3:30 pm

littlebro05 wrote:

Nerf_Guy_Matt wrote:well maybe the pizza box idea isnt bad. So instead you get the laptop(pizza box) and bring it back to the base

That is what you call the game - Infiltration

I hate to disagree with you LB, but I'd nearly have to call it "Delivery" or "Pizza Hut"
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Would anyone be interested in an 18+ rules reduced indoor/outdoor war in ipswich? Hoping for something that's just like a regular war, but with extra hurt. I have a possible venue complete with beds, furniture and stuff for cover in mt crosby, along with a few other places in mind, but i haven't enquired yet. Another possible venue is riverview, but that's much more expensive.
    Ironcrow92

The Big List of Nerf War Ideas - Page 4 Empty Living vs Dead!!!

Post  Ironcrow92 Tue May 24, 2011 5:28 am

Hey! I'm new but i think I might have a good idea for a game... Living vs Dead!

Ok this is good for fun and the rules are simple. You can play this anywhere. it starts with two group the Living and the Dead. The Living can have as many guns and players that thay can muster. The Dead have half of the Living's numbers and no weapons but can't be stopped! The Dead must move at limping speed only, if thay get shot then thay stand still or fall over for 5 seconds before thay can move. If a Dead touches a Living the Living becomes one of the dead (put there gun down!). The Living must get to and hold a base for as long as thay can. The game end's when all the Living are Dead! Try and last as long as you can... HA HA HA!!!!
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

Thats HVZ (Human Vs Zombies)
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:51 am

Hey guys new game type,

Its similiar to HvZ but the melee team have swords.

Rules:
    2 teams one with guns (ar removal only) and the other with swords and a shield.

The melee team can throw darts at the gun team as well as block the darts with the shield.

The gun team cannot use shields or melee items, but can barrel tap and are allowed to carry as many guns as they like.

Last team alive wins (Each player gets one life)
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Game type: Search and Retrieve

Basic Ruleset: Foam Fortress Pro.

Attacking Team

Objective: Recover the artifact (basketball) or intelligence (backpack) from the defending team's base.

4 or more People, with 3 lives each.
    They can be either a Medic or a Soldier.

Special Rules: The members of the attacking team take three hits (lives) before they die.
    The Medic, instead of acting as a mobile spawn point, can restore one life per person over the course of the game. They cannot heal themselves.

Defending Team

Objective: Prevent the attacking team from recovering the artifact (basketball) or intelligence (backpack) from your base.

4 or more People, with 4 lives each.
    They can be either Soldier or Sharpshooter.

Special Rules: The members of the defending team MUST return to their initial spawn point before they respawn. They CANNOT respawn in the field, due to their team having no Medics.

I'm seeing this a sort of Stargate type scenario.
    vielle

Post  vielle Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:19 pm

i got an idea its kinda based on the show but not all of it

Deadliest Warriors
    2 teams nerf swords and secret strikes are the weapons
    all n force weaponary
    it is kinda dangerous but fun
    your choice of how to lose
    the stage can be anywhere you want
    try to use anything as armor or defence and throwing weapons is allowed
    and pretend to be whoever you want like make up names for the person ur pretending or use real names
    of real people
    (its my first post)
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:57 pm

GAUNTLET RUN.

1 player, The runner will try to run the gauntlet to retrieve the flag and bring it back the the start.The player will have 2 minutes the run the gauntlet.

4-5 players, The gauntlet shooters, will try to shoot the runner. They will be able to use any blaster but will not be able to move from their place.

Game end, when the runner is shot, makes it back to the start with flag or time is over.

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Gooni.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:09 pm

^ That idea is so good I thought it would have already been made Only thing is, wouldn't the runner have to be very fast and agile? Some might not find it fun Maybe limit blaster range.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:17 pm

redcricket077 wrote:^ That idea is so good I thought it would have already been made Only thing is, wouldn't the runner have to be very fast and agile? Some might not find it fun Maybe limit blaster range.

True, I tend to forget some are not as athletic than me and others, it would be more of a "challenge" game type. Not every one will have to play as runner.

We also always have a minimum engagement range with most games, so it would apply here too. So if the shooters are using epeen's then epeen range limits would be used.

Also the ideal place would be to play it where the runner could have some form of cover instead of just being out in the open for the whole run.

Gooni.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

In QLD in the Southside wars (Darra only), we have something similar.

It's called Sniper Trail.

It's all air/30m shooting blasters and the runner is running towards the marker behind the shooters.

It's compulsory for the runner to wear a facemask, as expected.

It's scored off how many kills the shooter can accumulate; also note that if you participate in shooting you have to participate in running.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 pm

A warehouse match would be awesome...

Anyone got a warehouse we can borrow?
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 am

Yeah I think littlebro05 posted up a video of a warehouse war. It looked pretty good
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 pm

When I buy a chunk of dirt up here I'm going to be putting a massive shed on it. Might be good for future wars. maybe even have a 24hr war event where it's not safe to sleep. It will be like full on warfare. Maybe trenches in the back paddock as well.

That would be a nerfers paradise
    boothy
    boothy

Post  boothy Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

3/15 team deathmatch
    basicaly its team deathmatch with 3 lives and 15 second respawn time
    Zamjr86

The Big List of Nerf War Ideas - Page 4 Empty Reply to littlebro05

Post  Zamjr86 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

littlebro05 wrote:
    and MAN I wish the Long Shot was sold in Australia... I don't see anything wrong with it :(.

yeah, the thing is, there IS nothing wrong with it! Australia, along with some European countries, are fast headed to crazy leftist authoritarian hell. be prepared to see a lot of fun things banned by your egghead politicians who act like the pixies in the cartoon "FairlyOdd Parents" The worst part is, I feel your pain, because my country, the USA is starting to move in the same direction!! :-(

I just hope I'll get at least a few more years with my nerf guns before I'm arrested for having "firearms" stashed in my house.

Full power to you, and I hope both of our Governments turn around and undo the mess they have us in.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:53 am

How about Death by Nerf? A 12 hour battle with only the most sensible of rules.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:46 am

Zamjr86 wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:
    and MAN I wish the Long Shot was sold in Australia... I don't see anything wrong with it :(.

yeah, the thing is, there IS nothing wrong with it! Australia, along with some European countries, are fast headed to crazy leftist authoritarian hell. be prepared to see a lot of fun things banned by your egghead politicians who act like the pixies in the cartoon "FairlyOdd Parents" The worst part is, I feel your pain, because my country, the USA is starting to move in the same direction!! :-(

I just hope I'll get at least a few more years with my nerf guns before I'm arrested for having "firearms" stashed in my house.

Full power to you, and I hope both of our Governments turn around and undo the mess they have us in.

Dude I don't know about you, but I said that ... like a year and a half ago.

And really? that sucks.

Haha soudns like an endurance game.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 am

boothy wrote:3/15 team deathmatch
    basicaly its team deathmatch with 3 lives and 15 second respawn time

Generic gametype is generic.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:57 am

Endurance games are the best. There would be very little rushing. Instead there would be more tactical moves and there wont be any breaks. All of your food and drink would have to be carried with you. If you wanted to pull up for some food you would need someone to watch out for you. Just like you would in a real time war.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

camo1010 wrote:Endurance games are the best. There would be very little rushing. Instead there would be more tactical moves and there wont be any breaks. All of your food and drink would have to be carried with you. If you wanted to pull up for some food you would need someone to watch out for you. Just like you would in a real time war.

Just make sure the people are motivated enough, one of my endurance matches fell through because half of them couldn't be bothered getting into it.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 am

I think the most of the crowd is quick pace games. I prefer those games more.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 am

I think with QLD speedfoam there should be more negative consequences when people get tagged and balancing measures (ie dart sweeps) between high range low capacity and low capacity long distance blasters.

For example if i have an AT and two spare mags, with instant respawns, I run out of ammo on my second run and have to sideline myself for a minute to gather darts. Meanwhile lefty with his megastrike continues operating at full capacity and can tag roughly the same number of people per minute indefinitely.

With regards to negative consequences, if someone gets tagged they can be out of the game for as little as 20 seconds. It doesn't really put their team at a disadvantage. So i think it might be worth preparing a range of different respawn modes.

Thoughts?
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Swatsonia wrote:
    camo1010 wrote:Endurance games are the best. There would be very little rushing. Instead there would be more tactical moves and there wont be any breaks. All of your food and drink would have to be carried with you. If you wanted to pull up for some food you would need someone to watch out for you. Just like you would in a real time war.

Just make sure the people are motivated enough, one of my endurance matches fell through because half of them couldn't be bothered getting into it.

A few NO-DOZE and wash those down with monster and everyone will want to play for a week haha.
    MrFletchr
    MrFletchr

Post  MrFletchr Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 am

How about this?(I thought of this on the spot so I could improve it)

Nerf adaption of Combat Mission/Invasion (Medal of Honor/Halo Reach)
    Everyone picks a primary and a pistol. The attacking team only get pistols, while the defending team get access to all guns. The attacking team must capture a base (using littlebro05's method with the panels).
    Then the attacking team gets access to semi-automatic weapons(longshot,longstrike,recon etc.) and must capture another base. When they capture that They get access to fully automatic/pump action guns(Stampede,vulcan, Magstrike,Titan etc.) and must capture a flag from the defenders big base. The attacking teams can either have a total number of live(icebreaka's poker chip method) or a time limit.
    MrFletchr
    MrFletchr

Post  MrFletchr Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:37 am

Head Hunter

Sort of like a free for all elimination gametype

Rounds go for five minutes

1) Every player starts with the same guns and bullets(eg. nite-finder with three darts) and a bandana(does not matter what color, but has be in plain view)

2) Each player recieves one life; when you are killed you must hand over your bandana to the player who killed you, as well as any you have won.

3) At the end of the round the players can use bandana's to purchase ammo/guns from the shop.

4) Everyone gets a bandana, and a new round starts

5) You cannot take guns off dead people

6) After five rounds, everyone must use the bandana's and the final round starts

7) Last man standing, with a ten minute time limit.

After ten minutes, if more than one player is still alive, they must all come the main area and have a mexican standoff, with their original nitefinder.

Alternatively, players can have poker chips as lives so they can respawn, but the shop cost more
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:26 pm

That's not bad actually, it'd only be available to those organisers with way too many blasters on their hands though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:27 pm