Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+28
Unknown
Saintznerf
Duke
avocadobride
longstrikeguy
Khail
SuctionCup
gooni
Akimbo Assassin
Ezekiel
Psykka
crumpetstastenice
-Aj-
TheKhakinator
piggy123:)
bulletproofvest
mavshot
random guy
Switchblade
Servulus
Genericwizardguy
Neodore
Winterstrike
littlebro05
Frankie27
JustSomeGuy
TheBradl3s
tank720
32 posters

best extra spring for longshot

Winterstrike

best extra spring for longshot - Page 3 Empty Re: best extra spring for longshot

Post  Winterstrike Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:44 pm

I use that foam to pad my plunger but I use at least 3 layers worth. One layer will simply not be enough.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

best extra spring for longshot - Page 3 Empty Re: best extra spring for longshot

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Winterstrike wrote:I use that foam to pad my plunger but I use at least 3 layers worth. One layer will simply not be enough.

Hmm, I found that when I sticked a layer of 2mm-thick foam on the front of the plunger, it pushed the rear knobby end of the plunger over 1mm back, and that created a problem where the rear knobby end is not touching the black squarish lock, so the spring pushed this lock up and stopped me from pulling the bolt sled back to load the darts. I had to shaved off about 1mm of this foam for the plunger to move a bit more forward and pressing the lock down more.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    Winterstrike wrote:I use that foam to pad my plunger but I use at least 3 layers worth. One layer will simply not be enough.

Hmm, I found that when I sticked a layer of 2mm-thick foam on the front of the plunger, it pushed the rear knobby end of the plunger over 1mm back, and that created a problem where the rear knobby end is not touching the black squarish lock, so the spring pushed this lock up and stopped me from pulling the bolt sled back to load the darts. I had to shaved off about 1mm of this foam for the plunger to move a bit more forward and pressing the lock down more.

Or you could just remove that lock. It's pretty pointless. All mine have that lock removed. You're better off with more padding anyway.
    Duke
    Duke

Post  Duke Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 am

Hi Oznerfers

How would the LS perform if the front gun of the Longshot was integrated in the main gun

Ta
    Duke
    (noob modder)
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:47 am

The front gun gets crap ranges. Most people do it so they can barrel tap. Your much better off intergrating a dart tag blaster or a titan. Thats what i think.
    Saintznerf
    Saintznerf

Post  Saintznerf Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:58 am

longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 am

Me too! I was going to order one this afternoon.
    Duke
    Duke

Post  Duke Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 am

Sorry I meant

How would the LS perform if.. the spring.. of the front gun was integrated in the main gun?

Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 am

Not very well, the LSFG spring is weaker than a stock NF spring. Just use a stretched NF spring. I will be using a BT Longshot V1 spring in mine along with an aluminium bolt sled.
    Duke
    Duke

Post  Duke Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 am

Ok thanks for the info.
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:43 am

I can't stretch my nf spring. How do you stretch it?
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 am

Stretching springs will not do jack shit, as after time they will go back to their original length.
    whitey250

Post  whitey250 Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I have seen similar description of various third party springs on Ebay. They say the same shooting 3 times over the stock spring's range, extreme accuracy and can be dry fire safely. They are all just a bunch of bullshit. I would not buy from these people.
    Rees85
    Rees85

Post  Rees85 Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:36 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:

I have seen similar description of various third party springs on Ebay. They say the same shooting 3 times over the stock spring's range, extreme accuracy and can be dry fire safely. They are all just a bunch of bullshit. I would not buy from these people.

Not to mention the fact that they look more like valve springs than a spring for any other application. Those springs would destroy your blaster in no time. If you had the strength to cock it back that is.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Can someone post a link to where you can buy an aluminium bolt sled please.

I am getting the Black Tactical Longshot V2 spring tomorrow as well as the metal internal parts they sell so I'll let you all know how I go with that too.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm

gooni wrote:Stretching springs will not do jack shit, as after time they will go back to their original length.

Stretching springs will actually do something.

Just that what it will do is actually *Weaken* the spring.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 pm

oxymoron wrote:Can someone post a link to where you can buy an aluminium bolt sled please.

I am getting the Black Tactical Longshot V2 spring tomorrow as well as the metal internal parts they sell so I'll let you all know how I go with that too.

Oh Oxymoron, you WON'T be disappointed with the new LongShot V2 Spring.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 am

Me and my friend tried a Quad-Shot spring in his longshot (stock breech setup) and it wasn't performing too bad, I don't know the exact ranged but modified Streamlines (hot glue tips) were easily hitting my back door which is 60ft away.

- Brad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:58 pm