Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
TheTrueMcMuffin
youngin'
Brunius
Psykka
SnowDragon
9 posters

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration.

SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration. Empty LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration.

Post  SnowDragon Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, after two days of work, waiting, literal blood and sweat, the CS-MF is done. The LongStorm is a modular weapon, designed to take any number of nerf weapons, in fact, almost any with a top mounted tactical rail. This allows for not only varible firepower between games, but also the ability to put down the wrath of a higher power in mere seconds with a little effort and patience.

I shall now run through the construction of this fearsome weapon so that, if you so desire, and have the ability to make one, you to can put pure terror into your friends and foes alike.

The materials you will require.

1x LongShot.
    1x LongShot Scope Attachment with Tac Clip in one piece.
    1x Barricade. This is the recommended weapon for this intergration, but anything with a top mounted rail clip will do.
    1x Container of Araldite or other epoxy substance.
    1x Sharp cutting impliment.
    1x Your wits
    2x Steady hands and grip
    1x Brain.
    1 or more 5cmx2.5cm Metal pieces

WARNING: This modification requires a great deal of cutting and slicing, along with the use of very poisonous bonding materials, and is such, this modification is to not be taken lightly. SnowDragon, or any of his affilates take no responisiblity for injury and/or death occuring from this mod. Attempt at own risk

Now, onto the actual guide. I shall post pictures whereever I can.

Step One: That bi-pod's gotta go.
    First step to any intergration. Make short work of that bipod and entire foregrip section under the barrel by cutting the living **REDACTED** out of it. Simple step, be careful when making the cuts. Once it's removed, sand it all down until it's smooth to the touch all over. Ensure you leave the gaps in the framework, as they are needed later. The bipod legs make excellent paperweights, if I do say so myself.

Step Two: Read my lips; Kill the scope.

Step two is retriving of the tac rail clip that makes this modification what it is. It must be completely undamaged or the stability of the modification will be compromised. There are two orange end caps at each end of the longshot scope. Make two cuts on each of these in line with the mould lines of the rest of the scope. Once this is done, unscrew the screws to open the two halves and remove the rail clip. The scope now also makes an excellent paper weight

Step Three: Glue that SOB
    Now we get to the fun part. Get out your Araldite/epoxy and get it mixed and ready. Face the rail clip forward along the gap in the Longshot frame, that is, the long extended bit with the tooth sticking out facing towards the end of the barrel. It will slot into the gap nicely with the two 'legs' of the clip sitting on either side. Make a guideline with a pen around the edges of the clip where it sits. The very backmost section of the rail clip must be no closer than three centimetres to the angled section of the Longshot, where the magwell sits. This is extremely cruical, as too close, and the Barricade (And anything else for that matter) Will not fit.

Once it's lined up, straight and measured, epoxy the small metal sheet or other hard flat thin object inbetween the large overhang with the tooth and the longshot itself, as far back as it will sit. Once this is done, epxoy the rest of the rail clip down. Once it's securely down, it's a waiting game.

In my case, 16 hours later when the Araldite was dry, it was almost good to go. One layer of Epoxy is not strong enough to withstand the weight and movement of both guns. You will need to place a second layer of epoxy over the first, securing it to the longshot. In my case, it was a case of Araldite combined with a second covering layer of epoxy putty that finished the job. Wait another 16 hours before attempting to put ANY kind of stress on this bond. With this patience, you ensure that nothing short of a **REDACTED** saw could break the bond you have created.

The end result should look something like this.

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration. Longstormclip

Step Four: Make it fit, dammit.

With the Clip set back so far for comfort issues, the only way to mount a Barricade is by using it's rear section of the tactical rail. You will notice, as you try to hook the Barricade to the clip, there are two prongs in the middle of this otherwise perfectly sized section. Cut those bastards out with a small knife, it'll be a quick job.

Step Five: **REDACTED** **REDACTED** Up.

You are now the proud owner of a LongStorm CS-MF, a select few who weild these awesome weapons of great destructive power with itchy trigger fingers and witty one-liners. Welcome, Brothers and Sisters, to the end of your foes. Removing of the Barricade only requires a small, thin bladed object, like a knife or flathead screw driver. Slip it under one side of the clip and apply a little force to pull the clip side up and then pull the Barricade out with a small twist, it'll just pop right out.

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration. Dscf0159bv

~SnowDragon

Last edited by SnowDragon on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated distance mistake)
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration. Empty Re: LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration.

Post  Psykka Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 am

Forgive me I only skimmed the write up as the pics are pretty explanatory. But can you actually still unscrew the longshot?

Also you can ignore the question I put in the pics thred as I can see now that it's modular and not just epoxied on there.
    Brunius

LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration. Empty Re: LongStorm CS-MF - A Modular Barricade/Longshot Intergration.

Post  Brunius Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:49 am

So what you're saying is that I can grab my longshot, and attach it to my longshot? Or is that just stupid...
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 am

Brunius wrote:So what you're saying is that I can grab my longshot, and attach it to my longshot? Or is that just stupid...

Oh no, you could do that. Hell, you could attach a stampede as well... wouldn't that be something.
    youngin'
    youngin'

Post  youngin' Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 am

You could integrate a maverick aswell.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 am

Ja, also another first choice for intergrations if a Barricade is not availible.

Assuming you get one that doesn't suck, that is.
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 am

I love it.
    I'm looking to do something similar with my Stampede, but with a double-sided tac-clip piece than gluing one to the body of my Stampede. You couldn't make a tutorial on that could you?
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 am

Magstrikes fit without any trimming. You guys going to the 18th war, you'll see that in action as well hahaha.

It's not a smart idea because the clip rises into the line of fire of the longshot, but it could be interesting for a fire and forget weapon, fire it off then dump it.

EDIT: Sure, I could put one up I guess. I've got plenty of attachments that I can canniblise.
    Mark
    Mark

Post  Mark Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:25 am

EDIT: Great Idea, I like the new use of the useless scope. I might mod my longshot scope so it actually magnifies.

Last edited by Mark on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 am

Mark wrote:Why Destroy two perfectly fine nerf guns?
    Thats offensive towards the nerf guns. You made them QQ.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Marks Reviews:
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2642-nerf-n-strike-vulcan-v-stampede
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2640-nerf-n-strike-spectre-rev-5

He's not destroying them. You can still remove the Barricade, and the bipod is never used by anyone anyway. Those are the main things I see that someone might think are wrong with it, so why is "destroying" it?
    Mark
    Mark

Post  Mark Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 am

Oh Good, I thought he like super glued it or something like that.

Marks Reviews:

phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 am

Mark wrote:Oh Good, I thought he like super glued it or something like that.

You don't read the threads properly, do you?

I'm sure you don't know the meaning of modular, either.
    Mark
    Mark

Post  Mark Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:18 am

Im kind of new here, cut me some slack.

EDIT: I've only being nerfing for two months and I have like 14 nerf guns.

"Lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes"
    Marks Reviews:

Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 am

Being new doesnt exempt you from reading posts. And besides, I have less than 10 guns but I can still make sence of words on a page... Providing that they use proper english.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:36 am

Mark wrote:Im kind of new here, cut me some slack.

EDIT: I've only being nerfing for two months and I have like 14 nerf guns.

Haahhahhhahahah

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There are rules for everything and this forum is not exempt. Basic reading and comprehension skills should not be a problem for 12 year olds.

In 2 months of nerfing, I was made an admin of this forum.... so.... what?
    Mark
    Mark

Post  Mark Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:42 am

First of all I'm 14, second of all im new on this forum, just let me get used to it. Please.

Marks Reviews:
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:55 am

Mark wrote:First of all I'm 14, second of all im new on this forum, just let me get used to it. Please.

Marks Reviews:

Yeah, no.

Insults are wasted on you.
    Mark
    Mark

Post  Mark Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 am

Look, I'm sorry for any offense,I honestly am. Lets just start over. Ok?

Bolt Action
    Bolt Action

Post  Bolt Action Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:03 pm

So you create this? and then rip on my modification?... LOL Well, I know who would win

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm