Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
TylerMaxwell
sniperdude49
tangycloud69
7 posters

titan intergration in longshot tutorial

tangycloud69
    tangycloud69

titan intergration in longshot tutorial Empty titan intergration in longshot tutorial

Post  tangycloud69 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

Hi guys i take no credit for this intergration, all goonies idea.

ok I'll be showing you guys how i did my version of goonies longtit mod.

MATERIALS:
    1. Titan tank
    2. longshot shell and trigger only
    3. epoxy putty
    4. acrylic (or some type of thick plastic)
    5. (optional3 day epoxy
    6. 1m 20mm grey or orange conduit and coupler
    7. 2ft of PETG (60cm)2cm of 17/32 brass
    8. Etape and hotglue
    9. 4mm tubing and 4mm barb

Okey so we've got all our materials, first let's work on the titan tank its self.
    first thing i have done is glue in a 2cm piece of 17/32 brass into the front of the air release hole ( this is option but if you want a perfect seal you would want to do it)next thing is to hot glue your 20mm coupler ontop of the 17/32 brass.
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00799x

last thing you need to do, to your tank is the trigger mech and connecting it to a pump, so first you want to block up the hole that the titan presure gauge went with some hot glue or 3 day epoxy.Next the trigger mech to do this you will need a 4.5cm by 2.5cm rectangle of acrylic and some hotglue, first get your piece of acrylic and cut a slot down the middle of the acrylic 1cm this is where your air release pin will go into. when you have slid the pin in fill the slot you have cut out with some hot glue. last to connect the pump fist super glue a 4mm hose to the original check valve andthen connect your desired pump.(i used a $10 summit pump from kmart)

(push trigger mech)
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00801qi.th

next we will work on the main trigger. what i have done is cut off about 3cm off the end of the trigger and made a epoxy putty wall 3cm high and 0.5cm wide, this will act as a pusher to push the trgger. Next i exstended the triger pull by half a centimetre.
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00808h.th

(this is what it should look like when you make the epoxy wall)
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00813mf.th

next you want to make your variant breech for all the experiance modders out there should know how to make a variant breech. my variant breech was 2ft long and i used 20mm grey conduit.I have a combination of the 17/32 and etape to acomplish a 100% seal.
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00806xd.th

CONGRATUALATIONS!! you have finished the hardest part of this mod hahaha

Next onto the shell modification.

Fist you want to cut a slot out for the titan tank, first mark a line 6.5cm from the back of the longshot shell, then draw a line 5.5cm down from the topof the gun. draw another line 12cm across from the end of where your first cut was( make sure these cuts are a bit smaller because we are trying to achive a friction fit on the tank). proside cutting 5.5cm up from the end of your 12cm cut. replicate the mesurements onto the other side of the shell.
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00797g.th
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00796gye.th
    Thats all your need to do the exterior of the shell, lets go inside of the shell what you want to now is to carv the whole back of the shell (like take out all the walls) ONLY the back portion of the shell!!
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00803m.th

You are basically done now to put everything back together and check if it all fits if not ajust.
    your one if you did it all properly should look like this>
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00816sf.th

Now BLING your gun out.
    titan intergration in longshot tutorial Dsc00817f.th

ranges on this thing are crazy if you did it right they are around +190ft with only 3 pumps.
    if you have any problems feel free to pm me

Tangy

[img][/img]
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

titan intergration in longshot tutorial Empty Re: titan intergration in longshot tutorial

Post  sniperdude49 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 am

Can you please make the pics bigger? it would make things a lot easier to read

Last edited by sniperdude49 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

titan intergration in longshot tutorial Empty Re: titan intergration in longshot tutorial

Post  TylerMaxwell Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 am

sniperdude49 wrote:Can you please make the pics bigger?

That would be nice, but if you need the tutorial pics now Sniperdude simply click them.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 am

After playing around with this blaster at the last Brisbane war and quite throughly range testing it for myself I can say that this is a great blaster. The Longshot shell seems to be just perfect for the Titan tank. Pumping isn't all the confortable with the huge dual action draw but it does fill the tank effectivly with only two pumps. The one and only problem is the seal in the breech. The air lost when firing really prevented the Titan from reaching its real potential. For this reason my plugged LAHB was actually shooting further than the Titan. A small piece of 17/32 brass at the air output end of the breech would increase your ranges by a fair bit.

The trigger linking is genius and actually inspired me to finnish my Gen 2 tank Megaraider.
    tangycloud69
    tangycloud69

Post  tangycloud69 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks Unknown I put some 17/32 brass in there and now it's getting a 100% seal, and sorry for the small photos I dot know what went wrong if you want to see a larger picture you can simply click on them
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 am

On my computer the images are saying this: 403 forbidden. but yesterday i could see them

Last edited by sniperdude49 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 am

sniperdude49 wrote:On my computer the images are saying this: 403 forbidden

I'm getting the same thing, but the other day I could see the Images.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

Try this guide for uploading pics direct, rather than hosting on imageshack.

http://www.oznerf.com/t2096-oznerf-s-frequently-asked-questions

Cheers,
    ShadowSniper
    ShadowSniper

Post  ShadowSniper Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 am

403 Forbidden is an image?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:35 am