Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+18
mull
makeitgo
Xoenz
matt.chopper
TooBz
oxymoron
bulletproofvest
Luke
melbnerf619
-mirsho
False
clunk07
NachoTaco
Bacara
Mozart
littlebro05
yeahryan
boosted6
22 posters

Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

RL
    RL

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  RL Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Mozart wrote:Where abouts did you put the hot glue? Wouldn't have thought that would do much, I'm a bit curious..

Yepp, I have the same spring combo and a bit more than one tube of epoxy. Feels nice and strong.

In the same places where you'd normally put epoxy putty for reinforcement. I was cheap and lazy, so yeah.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:02 am

Just out of curiousity...

Have any of you guys tried just using 16mm electrical conduit as a barrel for your triple shots?

I haven't done much with this blaster other than to quad one with 250mm barrels of 16mm conduit, and the stock spring combined with a standard LS spring.

I discovered using the center plunger rubber as a turret seal (absolutely made for it) myself before I came onto this forum, only to find it was being done.

Not much else...the badwrench spring reversal, glued the catch solid, and am getting easy 120 feet.

I realize that's nothing compared to the ranges mentioned here, but my point is that the conduit is a very nice fit (maybe a little too tight on some foams), cheap as and readily available.

If I got serious with the springs, and maxed out the modding with some of MIG's (excellent) video tips, and maybe some 300mm barrels in conduit, we might have a contender.

I only mentioned this as I noticed Booster that you said your darts were a little loose in the barrel.

Maybe this would give you that bit more...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f29/16/49/15/87/dscn1228.jpg

Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 am

Just out of curiousity, what are you using as barrel spacers?
    They look a bit big, so, does that put any stress on the rotating mech?
    Also, I have the same laptop as you.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah 16mm conduit has been around for ages. Although finding the 'right' one is the hard part. There are alot of manufacturers who produce this conduit.

I have found the "pipe makers" brand of conduit too tight, and the barrels aren't even smooth, it's all bumpy in the middle.

People should be looking for the brand "Aussie Duct" as their 16mm conduit barrel of choice. You can push a dart in without twisting it. Just make sure you bring a 'slightly' thicker blue foam or streamline as 16mm conduit isn't exactly produced in exact ID. The test is if you can push it down with out twisting from the 'back end' of the dart. It's a good fit. It's probably actually the best springer and air gun barrel.

The reason PETG is seemlingly better with 13mm darts is because there 'minimal blowby' and the dart fit is fairly snug. The barrel is also smooth so there's minimal friction. So it makes a good air / springer barrel. That goes the same with conduit and blue foam / nerf foam.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 am

modded_nerf wrote:Just out of curiousity, what are you using as barrel spacers?
    They look a bit big, so, does that put any stress on the rotating mech?
    Also, I have the same laptop as you.

I think the spacer's are made from foam??
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 am

It looks like their solid plasic, so thats why I though they might be a bit heavy.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 am

The spacers are just light pvc caps for 90mm gutter pipe, not heavy at all, light as.

It just looks like they are thick, as you are seeing the flange/lip side.

I just grabbed them as I was shopping about after buying a TS (which I had just realized I could buy locally) and wanted some gear to mod it.

The conduit I'm using is Keyplas 16mm from Ideal electrical.

I left the turret cover on, as it gives an extra fixing point for the barrels.

It's all secured with epoxy, and is rock solid and reliable as.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:12 am

oznerfnerd wrote:The spacers are just light pvc caps for 90mm gutter pipe, not heavy at all, light as.

It just looks like they are thick, as you are seeing the flange/lip side.

I just grabbed them as I was shopping about after buying a TS (which I had just realized I could buy locally) and wanted some gear to mod it.

The conduit I'm using is Keyplas 16mm from Ideal electrical.

I left the turret cover on, as it gives an extra fixing point for the barrels.

It's all secured with epoxy, and is rock solid and reliable as.

How tight, firm or loose is keyplas? All I know is pipemaker's is horrible foam fit.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 am

Very firm fit.

The occasional dart wont fit and will bend, but mostly good.

I cut mine with tube cutters and ream out the ends, by the way.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:43 am

I have some 16mm conduit, although I'm at Polytech, so I can't check what brand.

It's a very tight fit, a lot of twisting necessary for blue foam to get into it.

I made a gangster little RSCB with it and some 20mm, reamed the shit out of the 16mm, then sanded it a bit as well, so the dart entry is extremely nice. I really don't use the heavy silicone tips I got, until I tried them with this. They make a perfect seal in the barrel every time! And with the inline clip I made out of the same materials, excellent! The only time it misfires is when I use a bad dart. Some darts, I put a little much super glue on and they've made a kind of ridge around the part where the foam meets the tip, which interferes with the dart loading. I can hold five 1 1/2" darts and fire them all with no hastles at all. Hot glue tips, snap cap tips, they work, but no where near as efficiently. Silicone tips+RSCB/inline clip=awesome!! But only with 16mm conduit. RSCBs suck for me with nested PETG. Always get misfires, double loads, they just suck.

As long as you take the time and ream out the 16mm conduit really wekk, it's actually a pretty good barrel material. I'll do tests one day to see if it performs better than PETG, as it may be a little too tight, causing too much drag on the dart.

2 cents (:
    Cheers!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 am

Yeah I ream mine out with the pipe cutters lol.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 am

What kind of pipe cutters, man? The pipe cutters I have are a little clamp sort of thing, with a sharpish wheel. I'm sure you know what I mean.
    You can't use them for reaming anything, it just.. You can't, lol. I just use a knife, sort of like a bushwalking knife. It works really well, I just run it around the inside of one end until I'm happy with it. Then I put a bit of effort into making it a nice smooth inlet, then sand it a bit so it's super smooth.

Works a bloody treat. (:

Can you guys get conduit elbows and tees? I got my Mum to get me some conduit and what not, because I live in Burnie (North West) and she lives in Hobart (South), Hobart being the only place other than Launceston to buy conduit. She got me a few tees and elbows, but the tees were.. Uhh, they have this little screwed on side, so that you can open them to look at the wires and crap inside. Very impractical for an RSCB, not air tight, and they cost seven dollars something each. Don't worry, I took that shit back, hahaa.

So the only RSCB (except for my special awesome RSCB, will be up with pictures tonight or tomorrow) I have is made out of 15mm PVC, which has a heap more dead space, because it's inside diameter is wider than 20mm conduit.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:51 am

Mozart wrote:What kind of pipe cutters, man? The pipe cutters I have are a little clamp sort of thing, with a sharpish wheel. I'm sure you know what I mean.
    You can't use them for reaming anything, it just.. You can't, lol. I just use a knife, sort of like a bushwalking knife. It works really well, I just run it around the inside of one end until I'm happy with it. Then I put a bit of effort into making it a nice smooth inlet, then sand it a bit so it's super smooth.

Works a bloody treat. (:

Can you guys get conduit elbows and tees? I got my Mum to get me some conduit and what not, because I live in Burnie (North West) and she lives in Hobart (South), Hobart being the only place other than Launceston to buy conduit. She got me a few tees and elbows, but the tees were.. Uhh, they have this little screwed on side, so that you can open them to look at the wires and crap inside. Very impractical for an RSCB, not air tight, and they cost seven dollars something each. Don't worry, I took that shit back, hahaa.

So the only RSCB (except for my special awesome RSCB, will be up with pictures tonight or tomorrow) I have is made out of 15mm PVC, which has a heap more dead space, because it's inside diameter is wider than 20mm conduit.

What soem people do (mavrick man showed me this one) is get 20mm orange conduit, wrap etape aroudn it and fit into the 15mm T joint with hot glue. Works pretty well. I'm going to limit the dead space by a substantial amount by nesting 16mm aluminium and since I don't use 13mm FBR, it slides very nicely inside it. I will be testing that out to see if I get more power.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Mozart, the larger pipe cutters have a fold-out blade that you can use to ream out the pipe.

Cheers,
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 pm

I think he means these.
    Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 4 Img_5010
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:25 pm

modded_nerf wrote:I think he means these.
    Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 4 Img_5010

Yep, that's the one.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Ohh, that's cool. (:

Thanks mates.
    JeremyArifin
    JeremyArifin

Post  JeremyArifin Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey MIG, where do you get those rubber heads for your buzz bee foam darts? And if anyone knows, please reply. I've searched Bunnings, but they only have felt pads...that are VERY furry...lol...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:59 pm

JeremyArifin wrote:Hey MIG, where do you get those rubber heads for your buzz bee foam darts? And if anyone knows, please reply. I've searched Bunnings, but they only have felt pads...that are VERY furry...lol...

Please don't necro threads, especially to ask a question. This particular one has been over 13 months since the last post. You're better off contacting the person via PM to ask a question, and MIG is in Canada, so has access to a lot of different materials than here in Australia.

Also consider this your first warning. Next time, you'll get a strike mate. Hoping that doesn't happen

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:25 am