Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+18
mull
makeitgo
Xoenz
matt.chopper
TooBz
oxymoron
bulletproofvest
Luke
melbnerf619
-mirsho
False
clunk07
NachoTaco
Bacara
Mozart
littlebro05
yeahryan
boosted6
22 posters

Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

boosted6
    boosted6

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  boosted6 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Ah ok cool, damn 211, ok we'll see.

Shame it was so hard to prime. The TS is fine to prime, and primes back easily. So mine is actually realistic to use, will do a video when i get the speed loader on.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to fire all 5 rounds..

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Well, it makes me wonder how much load I was actually priming.

I think the BTV2 spring is 14kg load, the oxy FU spring is 17kg load, and I'm unsure what the stock LS spring load is. I'm sure someone here will enlighten me. I'm still tipping I was priming around 35kg load - good thing the gym is next door to my workshop
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Were you using a brass barrel or petg?

I presume brass?

LittleBro said the Man spring is rated at 36kg. Is that true?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:47 pm

brass barrel mate, I only use PETG for air blaster's.

I wouldn't have the faintest on the load of the man-spring. 35kg would be pretty massive for a single spring though, and I doubt many people would be able to prime it. Maybe for a few shot's, but not for a war...
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

clunk07 wrote: and I'm unsure what the stock LS spring load is. I'm sure someone here will enlighten me.

Sourced from the questions thread 2.6Kg is the load on the LS stock spring.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah true, 36kg sounds abit too much actually. I've had a break from gym recently, but still i'm not struggling.

Yeah brass will be the way to go. It can be a stuff around trying to find brass. I've only got petg for the TS.

I dont think any hobby shop in melb has 5 lengths of 9/16 brass. That size always disappears first. But anyway its on order..
    The Octo would have been awesome with brass barrels, haha.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:15 pm

clunk07 wrote:brass barrel mate, I only use PETG for air blaster's.

I wouldn't have the faintest on the load of the man-spring. 35kg would be pretty massive for a single spring though, and I doubt many people would be able to prime it. Maybe for a few shot's, but not for a war...
    What brass size brass did you use?
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Holy shittttt, nice, maybe these are worth looking out for
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 pm

The man spring is 22Kg. I think LB got a bit confused by your thread title n thought you had a man spring plus a V2 spring in it.

You never told me you got 210ft from that shot that broke your bolt sled clunk total load would have been around 33.5kg

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:38 pm

oxymoron wrote:The man spring is 22Kg. I think LB got a bit confused by your thread title n thought you had a man spring plus a V2 spring in it.

You never told me you got 210ft from that shot that broke your bolt sled clunk total load would have been around 33.5kg

I never found the dart until later on that day. I'd limited my search area, until I sat down and thought that I may have jagged a freakish range out of it. Jumped the fence into the yard 2 houses across from my place, and found it fairly quickly. Was a bit of stress measuring it, as their dog was getting a little grumpy!! haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 pm

So, what's the stock TS/HC spring rating?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:25 am

I dont know, but its good. The stock spring with a LS spring, or even a recon spring is very good.

But the V2 spring is alot better.

I sent someone an email last night, telling them of the range i achieved.
    Not only was he skeptical, he made out as though i dont know how to use a tape measure!

I subbed to this guy afew years ago on youtube.
    Think i will stop my subscription to him. He has his head so far stuck up his backside to say that to me, i couldnt believe it. I happily replied-"I'm more than happy to film you a personal shooting test? But just letting you know, that the 190ft was with a loose fitting dart and shot from petg ok? So bigger things to come, hey i will hit 200ft."

And still no reply. I think i will send him a clip of when i do it. And then i'll say i've only been modding blasters for around a year, not even.
    If the Octo shoots 190ft, the TS will eclipse 200ft.

I dont handle skeptisism very well i've just realised, its a form of disrespect. Maybe its my italian blood? Who knows or cares right now.

What i do know is.
    I'm shooting goals.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 am

Hahaha, good job, Boosted. Who was it? All Yanks have their head up their ass..

So, reinforcement is complete, added a V2 I now have stock spring plus V2 spring. It's cool, because the V2 is smaller in diameter, the two springs sit almost perfectly level, because of the way the back of the plunger head is made.

I got a 32mm bath plug, Boston brand. The f***ing thing is 38mm, doesn't even come close to going in the plunger tube. I am PISSED off..

Also, even with the stock seal, this thing gets huge ranges! It went further than my 4B crazy.. I didn't know if both shots were angled the same, so whatever.

Also, with all this spring power, I can only get it to prime seven clicks, not eight..
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 am

Ok, I'll become skeptic just to piss you off. Bullshit those ranges are fake. Even with the two biggest springs in the world as if you could get 200ft from a slightly angled hip fire. Sick of this shit that's spewing out of the forums. - Skeptic enough for you :P.

@Mozart - Oh yeah, you'll be surprised what the 'extra click' will give in velocity and range.

P.S. Just giving you crap boosted6.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 am

I don't wanna cut the priming handle or shell.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:57 am

I'm getting full prime with the man spring, so something up there. Mozart you gotta read that packaging bro! Haha, dont worry, i've done the same thing.

32mm fits like god himself made it to fit the TS.

Thats why the plunger seal on these blasters are fantastic.

LittleB-LMAO@that you little bugger. Good one.
    If all is good this weekend, i will have my brass barrels and will do another range test. Finally back at work, so no time during the week now. Just as well, melbourne was BALTIC today..

Foam from Canada should arrive any day now....

Last edited by boosted6 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am

No, it says 32mm on the packaging, that's why I'm so pissed off! I'm not that stupid, hahaa.

I can get the eighth click, but I have to try a couple times and it only just catches, by a bee's dick. I'll figure something out.

AT five clicks, the springs make a funny noise, so I'm thinking this spring combo isn't a good one.

Man spring at 22kg, my combo, 14kg for V2 and maybe five for the stock? It's pretty decent. So I'm at 18-19kg. This thing is not fun to prime, lol.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 am

Hey i was going to say, how you get the stock spring to work with the V2?

I tried that, didnt want to know about it, so i threw the LS spring in with it. Uber power.

The V2 would be good enough on its own. I have another spring that MIG sent me, its his MAMA spring, alot of tension on it, he gets 140ft flat with it. I will try it one day soon. But will range test the Octo as is again to see what it does flat. I was going for maximum distance the other day. Well actually firing from the hip isnt really maximum is it?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 am

From the hip mightn't be the maxiumum distance, but it's going to be close...
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

Hmm.. V2 slips right inside the stock spring. Works fine for me, although it's just started being a bit funny with catching.. Won't catch properly on six clicks. Meh, catches on eight. I just dremeled out the track a little and it'll prime to eight now.

why do you guys fire from the hip? What's the point? Wouldn't you want to aim, therefore hold it at shoulder height? Lol.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:37 am

I have never fired a LS from the hip, or a PAS, Armageddon etc etc

I tend to fire my semi-auto's from the hip though, as their accuracy generally tends to be crap - the old spray n pray... haha With most of these blaster's, they're too short, and the buttstock doesn't touch my bicep, so it's just more comfortable from the hip.

And, yeh, you should be able to get enough accuracy from the hip for a range test.

Cheers,
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 am

When i was running around with the Octo, the rear stock i had on it made it great to fire from the hip, i proved very accurate with it at times.

I'm 6ft, 3", so next range test i'm going to raise em and stretch those arms out, haha. Might give me a couple more feet?

Last edited by boosted6 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meh, does anyone really care? hehehaha, mmmm nope.)
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 am

Hah, fair enough.

Do you have any trouble at all priming the Octo? I could see the practicality in mine for long range shots, and it would definitely be a competitor, but for a primary, it's just too hard to prime. I have to point it down and really put some weight behind it to prime it. Sorry, I've never been to the gym and can only do like, ten chin ups.. Hahaa.

What's the ETA on the foam, Boost? Sorry, can't be bothered PMing, since you'll read this anyway!
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

Should be here in afew days hopefully.

Damn you cant prime the Octo?

Hit that gym Mozart!!

I have no trouble at all, even with the Man spring.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am

You have no trouble at all?

I don't have trouble priming it, per say, I just can't snap it primed while still aiming. I can actually only just prime it while in an aiming position, it's impractical for me.

You can prime it easily while still aiming, for follow up shots?

Mine's not an Octo, remember? That's straight after the Doomsayer on the list.

Edit: actually, I'm left handed and I came off my bike a few years back, had to have surgery on my right elbow. It's a fair amount weaker than it used to me, I think that would have something to do with it.

Last edited by Mozart on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 am

I wouldn't stress about it, I can't prime a longshot while still aiming...

Well, I probably could, but it would put too many forces on the boltsled.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Mozart wrote:You have no trouble at all?

I don't have trouble priming it, per say, I just can't snap it primed while still aiming. I can actually only just prime it while in an aiming position, it's impractical for me.

You can prime it easily while still aiming, for follow up shots?

Mine's not an Octo, remember? That's straight after the Doomsayer on the list.

Edit: actually, I'm left handed and I came off my bike a few years back, had to have surgery on my right elbow. It's a fair amount weaker than it used to me, I think that would have something to do with it.

Yeah that wouldnt help, might help to be a lefty?
    Mozart, if i had trouble priming it, i wouldnt use it.
    As for things like follow up shots, etc, i'm not worried about, for i wont be attending anymore wars. I wont be modding anymore blasters.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I never go to wars anyway. Why won't you be doing any mire blasters?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

I've done enough for now, and there is no point modding anymore.
    Basically i'm very impressed with what i have now, i will try make them abit better, well the TS especially, the octo is perfect. I will try mod the wipeout abit more, and thats it.

I would rather put some effort down the road towards making targets and things.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Ohh, right, fair enough. But there are so many more blasters to be made! And made better! For me, I want to build an Octo, a Doomsayer, finish my PAS, do a completely overhauled Longshot, do something awesome with a Nite Finder, finish my Titmav, do something wicked with my 4B. So many projects! All with exquisite paint jobs.

So, I'm not sure I understand, here, Boost.. You don't go to wars, you won't me modding anymore.. How are you still doing Nerf? Lol.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm

I've done 1xNite-Finder, 2xrecons, 1xraider, 3xTitans, 2x4B's, 1xLAHB, 2xOcto-Shots, 1xTS, and 2xWipeout Pistols. The Recons, Raider, LAHB, 1xwipeout, 1xtitan and 1x4B i modded for family members, the other octo was for a friend, and i only charged him for the cost of blaster, i covered everything else. =The rest of the blasters are mine.

I have 1 blaster too many. A modded Titan which just sits there and gathers dust.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Fair dinkum, decent effort, mate. I know I'm going to end up with a collection of my best pieces of work. I haven't done anything for family members yet, because the members of my family that are into it are cheapos. Alright, I understand why you're not modding anymore, hahaa. No other blasters you're interested in getting your hands on? Hahaa. Maybe start on homemades! Lol.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm

@Boosted6 are you going to come to anymore wars?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm

I wont be doing any homemades.

I'm going to put abit of effort into painting my plastic fantastic though, with the speed loader hanging off it, it should look intimadating. Did i spell that right?
    I will do a write-up when its all done.

Most of those blasters were easy to mod anyway, just throwing barrels on, plugging pumps is nothing really. The Octo has been time consuming. I've lost count how many times its been pulled apart and thrown back together. But mostly for improvement.

Luke-No mate i wont be attending anymore wars. I might help in making stuff for a future event, make you guys something to shoot at, etc, but apart from that, my blasters will be staying at home gathering dust.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Sorry, but can I ask why?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am