Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+32
RePete
jnerf
taerkitty
SuctionCup
gamepro383
revo
mull
dndoperative
Khail
FieldHockey
phuonguyen
Primus1356
Genericwizardguy
mentalmatt
Nerf Doctor
Hamish
Bacara
melbourneSTORM4eva
-Aj-
littlebro05
Foam Militia
neumein
chinnerz
SgtDan
kingkottah
KingCam
flyjammer
Roger Explosion
bjthecool2
BlackOps
WV17
inf0rm3r
36 posters

Dart Creation Complete Guide

mull
    mull

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 Empty Re: Dart Creation Complete Guide

Post  mull Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Glitter hot glue from Officeworks is now under clearance sale, for $1.66 a pack.

The only problem is the glue sticks have an oval cross section and not the standard circle, so I am not too sure if they are compatible with other hot glue guns, not do I know the glue stick dimensions.
    Would you be able to jam it in a hot glue gun that uses a larger diameter hot glue stick?

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/General-Stationery/Adhesives-Tapes-and-Glues/Glue-Sticks-Super-Glue-and-Specialty-Glue/Hot-Glue-Guns-and-Accessories
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 am

Where am I able to get some of this foam?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 am

PM me.

0.75 cents per meter.
    gamepro383
    gamepro383

Post  gamepro383 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 am

Do they sell 10mm FBR at bunnings? If so, where in the shop is it located.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:15 am

Just buy my blue foam, it murders the point of having FBR.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 am

gamepro383 wrote:Do they sell 10mm FBR at bunnings? If so, where in the shop is it located.

You would need 13mm for it to work in normal guns; but as Inf0rmer said; buy some of his. It is definetly better than FBR; easier to work with, too.
    gamepro383
    gamepro383

Post  gamepro383 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 am

I will when I get some more money, because I can't afford shipping at the moment.

Last edited by gamepro383 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Bunnings FBR is $1.10 per metre last time I checked.

Mine is 0.75 and if your only ordering 20M the postage will only be roughly 6.60 Basically saves you money in the end.
    taerkitty
    taerkitty

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 Empty 'Wadcutter' Dart Heads

Post  taerkitty Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:47 pm

(Admin/Mods: apologies if this should be a new thread.)

This is quite possibly the world's simplest dart head.

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 90

We refer to them as 'wadcutters' in my local war. They perform about the same as slugs (same aerodynamics), but lack the felt pad in front so they are likely to bruise more.

They are good if you have nothing that is suitable for being the dart head weight, or you are trying to avoid shooting metal. I've found that appx 6mm long of 12mm glue stick is appx 1 gram.

The biggest challenge is to cut the glue stick square. For this, I recommend a cutting guide. I use a piece of PVC that I hacksawed slots into while it was in a mitre box.

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 FBRCuttingGuideSide

I'm not saying this is anything groundbreaking, but it may be so obvious that it was overlooked. These don't offer any advantages aside from being easily sourced and metal-free.

As always, thoughts, comments, questions welcomed.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

UPDATE: THREAD NOW REPLACED WITH VIDEOS!

Stinger Video Uploaded
    Currently Uploading HT/Lite Tip video
    jnerf
    jnerf

Post  jnerf Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:18 am

will there be red coloured darts
    RePete
    RePete

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 Empty Heavy silies Contact Cement

Post  RePete Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 am

I recieved my blue foam this week and have been firing a few darts

At the moment I'm just plinking cans in the backyard but found that the superglued heavy sillies were cracking pretty quick. I was caefull not to get glue dwon inside the dart as informers video demos but the darts were cracking right at the tip.

I tried making a few using kwik grip contact cement ad they seem to be holding up well with no cracks so far.

I think they are just as easy to make using the contact cement with the added advantage of a little flexibilty and no hardening of the foam.

Just an idea for anyone having the same issue

Another idea I had to prevent dryfiring the LS is to put a pink foam dart in the mag first followed by blue foam. When I see the pink dart fly I know its time to stop and reload

Cheers
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 pm

RePete wrote:I recieved my blue foam this week and have been firing a few darts

At the moment I'm just plinking cans in the backyard but found that the superglued heavy sillies were cracking pretty quick. I was caefull not to get glue dwon inside the dart as informers video demos but the darts were cracking right at the tip.

I tried making a few using kwik grip contact cement ad they seem to be holding up well with no cracks so far.

I think they are just as easy to make using the contact cement with the added advantage of a little flexibilty and no hardening of the foam.

Just an idea for anyone having the same issue

Another idea I had to prevent dryfiring the LS is to put a pink foam dart in the mag first followed by blue foam. When I see the pink dart fly I know its time to stop and reload

Cheers

Perhaps you're using a little too much super-glue. Out of the 400 heavy sili's I've made, only a handful have gone brittle and cracked. Also, I've only used super-glue from inf0rm3r, so I'm unsure if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:20 am

clunk07 wrote:
    Perhaps you're using a little too much super-glue. Out of the 400 heavy sili's I've made, only a handful have gone brittle and cracked. Also, I've only used super-glue from inf0rm3r, so I'm unsure if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Yeah you could be right, I have been using the good zapagap glue so I'll have to get to the 2 dollar shop and try the cheap stuff that informer uses. Having said that I'm pretty happy with the contact cement and find it easy to use

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:24 am

RePete wrote:
    Yeah you could be right, I have been using the good zapagap glue so I'll have to get to the 2 dollar shop and try the cheap stuff that informer uses. Having said that I'm pretty happy with the contact cement and find it easy to use

Yeh mate, that will be the problem. inf0rm3r discovered that good super-glue/CA glue doesn't work as good as the cheap super-glue.

Could you also update your profile with an avatar please.

Cheers,
    whichgrep

Post  whichgrep Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 am

RePete wrote:
    Cheers

That's a good idea - I like that. (I get overexcited and forget to count shots, too, lol )
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 Empty Diameter

Post  Nitefinder49 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Can you use 15mm diameter for the stefan dart. And would it fit in a nerf nitefinder barrel?
    False
    False

Post  False Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 am

If you're talking about using 15mm fbr for stefans, I think some of our members tried that a while ago with no success. You're better off just rebarreling your NF.
    Nitefinder49
    Nitefinder49

Dart Creation Complete Guide - Page 3 Empty FBR

Post  Nitefinder49 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 am

SgtDan wrote:what weights should i use for 10 mm stefans?

Can you use 10mm stefans in a nitefinder or secret strike? And does it work?

Please don't necro threads with the same question multiple times. We have a questions thread if you want to ask things. Psykka.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 am